Chernobyl Diaries

2»

Comments

• spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering who the portrait was of on the side of the apartment block, it didn't look like either Lenin or Stalin - the two people who's images dominated in the Soviet era.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was ****ing dreadful. The trailer was awesome but the film was a HUGE let down.

All the cliches were used (engine breaks down, members killed off one by one, main female is the last survivor) and it relied too much on long silences and then loud noises to make you jump. The ending was a cop-out and the characters were (as usual) faceless and boring.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film must have cost about £287.32 to make!!:eek:

They didn't even bother to reveal the 'monsters' at all!:confused:

I'm all for a bit of suspense, but you'd have thought that they would have shown us who was attacking & killing the tourists at some point.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film must have cost about £287.32 to make!!:eek:

They didn't even bother to reveal the 'monsters' at all!:confused:

I'm all for a bit of suspense, but you'd have thought that they would have shown us who was attacking & killing the tourists at some point.

You caught a brief glimpse of them at the end when the girl got thrown in the room with them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched this today and thought it was very run of the mill, I thought the Chernobyl itself was very creepy:eek: But bumping them off one by one and sometimes it was like amateurish, but it could have been so much better, in the hands of a good director.
  • ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this last night .

Rubbish :(