Options

EE - David Wicks RETURNS to Walford

Comments

• Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok - Well I'm approaching those episodes in my watch of 1995...I'll see for myself.

But I would highly doubt he actually wanted to bed her, he made a point of rejecting Bianca all through 1994 when he found out her was her dad

Any word on this 'return' of his yet?
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heat magazine claims he's returning and has a quote from Lorraine Newman (about the show in general)

http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainment/TV/2013/06/Soap-news-EastEnders-rescue-plan-revealed--find-out-whos-in-and-whos-out/
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Heat magazine claims he's returning and has a quote from Lorraine Newman (about the show in general)

http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainment/TV/2013/06/Soap-news-EastEnders-rescue-plan-revealed--find-out-whos-in-and-whos-out/

Hahaha some major departures and they say Tyler Moon :eek:
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member

Why haven't the BBC confirmed it
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is being mentioned an awful lot lately and now Bianca is looking up PIs to find him so if he doesn't come back it's been one hell of a wind up!!
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they would be investing all of this time in Bianca and Carol talking about him, if he wasn't coming back.

I mean, when was the last time you heard Kat mention Zoe? Ex characters no longer exist to their remaining on screen families in soapland.
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What have Bianca and Carol been saying?

I won't be tuning in to the shite that is EE until he IS back.
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why haven't the BBC confirmed it
    He is being mentioned an awful lot lately and now Bianca is looking up PIs to find him so if he doesn't come back it's been one hell of a wind up!!
    Keibro wrote: »
    I don't think they would be investing all of this time in Bianca and Carol talking about him, if he wasn't coming back.

I mean, when was the last time you heard Kat mention Zoe? Ex characters no longer exist to their remaining on screen families in soapland.

If he's not coming back and the rumour only came about because someone leaked the contents of some scripts then the show must be feeling pretty useless. That this is what the show is reduced to. Talking about great characters rather than having the ability to tempt them back.

If he is coming back, then why isn't it confirmed? The constant mention of him has surely exhausted any surprise element for his return. Doesn't make much sense to pretend it's a secret when the characters on screen are doing all they can to find him.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    Why havent they denied it?
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    They are not confirming it as he is still in talks and they are not stupid enough to deny it because it creates a buzz. Better to keep it going for as long as they can even if the talks don't work out.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are not confirming it as he is still in talks and they are not stupid enough to deny it because it creates a buzz. Better to keep it going for as long as they can even if the talks don't work out.

Ah ok, I see their game, they want us to tune in and wait!
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't create a buzz, it creates expectancy. If all the mentions of him in the script count for nothing it makes EastEnders look foolish and small time.

They've been laying the ground work for his return since last year and still, half way through this year we're to assume they still haven't agreed for him to come back?

Personally I think he is coming back, the scripts are rubbish because that's the state of the show and the news was never meant to be leaked so early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What have Bianca and Carol been saying?

I won't be tuning in to the shite that is EE until he IS back.

Not much. Derek intercepted a couple of letters he sent to Carol and kept them in a security box. Now they've been found and Bianca wants to hire someone to find him. She called a number in Derek's box and inadvertently brought his cellmate to the square, a new villain. Carol's not keen now that she's seeing Masood.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I don't care about anything else, David is coming back to Walford, Yea.............lets hope it is true
  • Options
    matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's been talked a lot in Eastenders over the past few months and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be doing this for no reason so he has to be returning? They haven't confirmed nor denied this and it's a little strange.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    It doesn't create a buzz, it creates expectancy. If all the mentions of him in the script count for nothing it makes EastEnders look foolish and small time.

They've been laying the ground work for his return since last year and still, half way through this year we're to assume they still haven't agreed for him to come back?

Personally I think he is coming back, the scripts are rubbish because that's the state of the show and the news was never meant to be leaked so early.

It doesn't create a buzz? How many times have the boards not just this one talked about this? Eastenders looking foolish? Never. In the late 90s Sharon was mentioned far more than David in relation to Grant's marriage to Tiffany. A paper said she was returning. She wasn't but the BBC decided not to say anything, why? Because like their old phrase says everyones talking about it.
    This very thread proves my point.

Where did we hear this? The Mirror not known to be that accurate on soaps.
    The Star awful paper but by far the most accurate on soaps say he is still in talks and has not signed.
    So I am not saying he wont return but I don't believe he has signed.
  • Options
    SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun also mention David Wicks return today in the article about Phil's car crash

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/5007404/eastenders-phil-mitchell-car-crash-coma.html

It must be happening. Wish they would just confirm it.
  • Options
    PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Tonight's the night it will be announced.
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Tonight's the night it will be announced.

Er, no. Tonght's the announcement of a new character.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Sandsss wrote: »
    The Sun also mention David Wicks return today in the article about Phil's car crash

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/5007404/eastenders-phil-mitchell-car-crash-coma.html

It must be happening. Wish they would just confirm it.

Wasn't the last £1mil car crash stunt with Phil really low ratings like 5mil.

If its true They must want it as a surprise.
  • Options
    tellymadmantellymadman Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    DOES anybody have an actual inkling as to what is happening regarding this? If it is happening?! They say he would return in September which means filming would be around now? :S
  • Options
    The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a flurry of pretty solid rumours followed by weeks of silence and no official announcement I can only assume that discussions have fallen through and it's no longer happening.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With a flurry of pretty solid rumours followed by weeks of silence and no official announcement I can only assume that discussions have fallen through and it's no longer happening.

After all the media hype, why the hell EE do not confirm anything?
  • Options
    The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    After all the media hype, why the hell EE do not confirm anything?

Because it's likely that there's simply nothing to confirm.

I don't doubt that there were talks of a return with Michael French but sometimes deals can't be met and the ideas don't come to fruition unfortunately.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am hoping that its happening but the show is trying to keep the news back by not revealing it themselves, the fact they are not denied it makes me think its gonna happen but want it to be a shock for the viewers...Christmas day knowing EE!