Options

Another EastEnders announcement to be revealed at midnight

Comments

• Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie Mitchell is staying for another 5 years!
  • Options
    Sam Womack FanSam Womack Fan Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »

This would be brilliant!:)
  • Options
    tellymadmantellymadman Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Maybe it's the return of David Wicks :D
  • Options
    Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but Digital Spy wouldn't release 2 articles on Tina. Why would it be "good news for EE fans" if it's Tina. Nobody knows who is Tina lol

They would. Confirming the character and the cast. The article that has been put up isn't a confirmation as such, just a hint.
  • Options
    dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »

Has EE ever done 5 year contracts the longest I've known of is 3 years
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This. I would want Peggy back. So that she can sort the Mitchells out and be back behind the bar in The Vic, where she belongs instead of Alfie and Roxy

This, but Roxy should still be there like old times, I really hope Peggy is back full time.

Peggy behind the bar again giving orders hell yeah :)
    Alfie be on your way.

I really don't want Stacey back to moody faced.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaaaaahhhhh!!! Not another flippin' 'Announcement at Midnight'.:mad:

Fgs, all the 84 previous 'Announcements at Midnight' have done bugger all for the ratings. Please just shut up with the announcements and start building some sustainable sls that don't involve new or returning yet again characters. :mad:
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dale0693 wrote: »
    Hope this announcement is a 2014 return for Stacey I think Stacey can be on the sqaure without Jean though

I would like Stacey to return but I think she doing ok career wise atm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soap Scoop (Digital Spy twitter account) said "some good #EastEnders news tonight".

Source: https://twitter.com/soapscoop/status/380264788846067712

What are your theories/thoughts?

They're scrapping it?? *FINGERS CROSSED*
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    BBC embargo nearly everything, nothing to do with EE ratings, it's DS/other soap websites who do the teasing to create the hype for hits. DS know the fuss announcing these things hours beforehand creates, that's why they do it, it gets people overreacting and onto their website.

I'm glad we managed to get to the second page at least before one of those posts. Anyway, they could be working on storylines etc but that kind of thing doesn't get announced months in advance, the only thing that does is casting, that's why we only hear about that instead of all the other stuff they will be working on.
  • Options
    BananaFeetBananaFeet Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    They're scrapping it?? *FINGERS CROSSED*

Why do you channel so much energy into posting regularly about a show you dislike? It clearly isn't going to be axed.
    BBC embargo nearly everything, nothing to do with EE ratings, it's DS/other soap websites who do the teasing to create the hype for hits. DS know the fuss announcing these things hours beforehand creates, that's why they do it, it gets people overreacting and onto their website.

I'm glad we managed to get to the second page at least before one of those posts. Anyway, they could be working on storylines etc but that kind of thing doesn't get announced months in advance, the only thing that does is casting, that's why we only hear about that instead of all the other stuff they will be working on.

Agreed. It isn't the BBC or EastEnders' fault if other sites choose to hype up stories related to them, not that I'd even consider them saying "good news coming at midnight" to be hype.

People are under the illusion that EastEnders are making all these announcements in the hope that ratings go up almost immediately. I'm sure they're smart enough to realise that they'll need to play a long game, and if these new introductions pave the way to new and interesting storylines then what is the problem? People were crying out for fresh blood and now that the show is giving it to us it's still being complained about.

The show is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't. Nobody ever seems to know what it is they want from it.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Gaaaaahhhhh!!! Not another flippin' 'Announcement at Midnight'.:mad:

Fgs, all the 84 previous 'Announcements at Midnight' have done bugger all for the ratings. Please just shut up with the announcements and start building some sustainable sls that don't involve new or returning yet again characters. :mad:
    Here, here!

Well, midnight announcements are the best thing about Eastenders atm. :p
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,955
    Forum Member
    its good!!!!
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    There is no one I would really like to come back, I think most of the characters who have left have mostly run their course, definately don't want Peggy back full time, her screeching "get outta ma pub" got on my last nerve.

As regards this "Tina", I really hope it isn't Shirley s sister as apart from the silliness of having her arrive just as "Shirley" has gone, how could they even contrive to have her even being there? They can't have her arrive looking for Shirley as she has never shown an interest in her before, would not know Shirley had even been in Walford, and certainly would not have come to solve the mystery of her disappearance! She didn't even turn up to see Zsa Zsa!
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dale0693 wrote: »
    Hope this announcement is a 2014 return for Stacey I think Stacey can be on the sqaure without Jean though

I think that is just wishful thinking
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BananaFeet wrote: »
    Why do you channel so much energy into posting regularly about a show you dislike? It clearly isn't going to be axed.

Agreed. It isn't the BBC or EastEnders' fault if other sites choose to hype up stories related to them, not that I'd even consider them saying "good news coming at midnight" to be hype.

People are under the illusion that EastEnders are making all these announcements in the hope that ratings go up almost immediately. I'm sure they're smart enough to realise that they'll need to play a long game, and if these new introductions pave the way to new and interesting storylines then what is the problem? People were crying out for fresh blood and now that the show is giving it to us it's still being complained about.

The show is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't. Nobody ever seems to know what it is they want from it.

But boosting the ratings, whether short or long term, is reliant on recruiting new viewers or luring old ones back, unless these casual viewers are hooked immediately then they will drift away again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There is no one I would really like to come back, I think most of the characters who have left have mostly run their course, definately don't want Peggy back full time, her screeching "get outta ma pub" got on my last nerve.

As regards this "Tina", I really hope it isn't Shirley s sister as apart from the silliness of having her arrive just as "Shirley" has gone, how could they even contrive to have her even being there? They can't have her arrive looking for Shirley as she has never shown an interest in her before, would not know Shirley had even been in Walford, and certainly would not have come to solve the mystery of her disappearance! She didn't even turn up to see Zsa Zsa!
    shirl visited tina a couple of times
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shirl visited tina a couple of times

Not recently, and that still doesn't alter the fact that there would be no reason for Tina to turn up, and what would she do without her sister there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not recently, and that still doesn't alter the fact that there would be no reason for Tina to turn up, and what would she do without her sister there?

to be fair shirls been in a pretty bad way and hasnt had the money to go and see her. its realistic
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully the Hartmans are all getting killed off at once .
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Shirley cares for her sister like everyone else around her, don't forget what Shirley is.

Actually could not give a dam, I just hope it's Grant or Peggy long term
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I doubt Shirley cares for her sister like everyone else around her, don't forget what Shirley is.
    i think theyve had a troubled childhood. will be so interesting
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully its Alfie leaving for good this time
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its good!!!!

why are so upbeat all of sudden? You know something!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    why are so upbeat all of sudden? You know something!?

im upbeat about tina..still bummed about the other thing :p