TARDIS Doors

Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
Forum Member
This sounds such a trivial thing - but in my youth it used to annoy me! In the classic series, the Doctor always went through the Police Box and slammed the door shut. Inside the HUGE big doors would be closing very slowly! Were they the real doors or not? In some episodes - we could see the outside of the Tardis......in others it was just blank as if they were walking into an entrance into the outside.
So pleased they have corrected the matter in the latest revamp and done what Peter Cushing did in 1966 - make the wooden doors the same!!:):):)

Comments

• DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive noticed the different doors too, I wonder why they went for different doors before and now just have the same doors?
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one of the things you were supposed not to think about. like everyone in the entire universe spekaing english ......

just been watching enemy of the world. when they leave the tardis start episode 1 the back wall is clearly visible ...... must have been fun 3 people standing huddled together inside the thing waiting for director to call "action" ......
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    spiney2 wrote: »
    one of the things you were supposed not to think about. like everyone in the entire universe spekaing english ......

TBF that is explained that The TARDIS translates it into English or whatever language you speak
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought there was a sort of hallway thing in between the outside doors and the inside ones that came and went depending on the desktop she was using.
  • saturns ringssaturns rings Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Have you noticed that in some episodes the doors open outwards