Options

Madonna uses the 'N' word as an endearment about her white son..

i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
Forum Member
Is she really 55?
Madonna says she had no idea people would take such offense over her use of the n-word yesterday -- even though at 55 she probably should.

Madge released a statement moments ago saying she's not a racist ... and her use of the hashtag "#disni**a" in reference to her son on Instagram Friday was not meant as a racial slur.

Comments

• Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooo, edgy. Not. Silly moo.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go away dear.
    You are just tedious now.
    Yawn.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go away dear.
    You are just tedious now.
    Yawn.

*like*
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did she forget her adopted children? Cripes. :kitty:

Embarrassing.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    This is the only way she can get attention nowadays.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A racist couldn't possibly have shagged as many black men as Madonna has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »

Madonna made disparaging remarks about black men (unreliable partners) and women (weak) in interviews, though. She may see black men as a novelty.

It's pathetic. She has adopted black children and makes a comment like this. :eek:
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She uses that work and yet she has a black child? What the hell's she thinking?
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is trying too hard to stay relevant. Grow up dear.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »

That doesn't really mean anything. You can be racist and be married to a black person.
  • Options
    toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yawn...has she got a new record coming out?
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not doing it for attention, it's the so called journalists looking for 'news'. Nowadays you can't pass a wind without somebody writing about it.
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her music and I think she's incredible performer, but I've long found her to be a tedious idiot as a person for some time now. She's going to be one batty old OAP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toribaynes wrote: »
    yawn...has she got a new record coming out?

I don't think so, but she has to release two more albums under her current deal.

I'm afraid this can't be put down to Madonna's legendary thirst for attention - she's just an ignorant twonk.
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    She uses that work and yet she has a black child? What the hell's she thinking?

Actually she has 2 black children in addition to her 2 biological children, Lourdes & Rocco, a son named David whom she & her ex, Guy Ritchie adopted during their marriage and a daughter, Mercy.

I agree with the other FMs here as I see what she's playing up in public out of desperation to flog her flagging 'pop' career. Madge (99) should retire gracefully, given her age but the problem is she doesn't know how to...:D
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid cow, the N word has too much history and connotations to even be remotely considered as a term of endearment by anybody. Still she has impressed me because just when I thought I couldn't like the woman any less.........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another publicity stunt:

One cannot blame the change of life for her attitude, just not all there upstairs.
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »
    Actually she has 2 black children in addition to her 2 biological children, Lourdes & Rocco, a son named David whom she & her ex, Guy Ritchie adopted during their marriage and a daughter, Mercy.

I agree with the other FMs here as I see what she's playing up in public out of desperation to flog her flagging 'pop' career. Madge (99) should retire gracefully, given her age but the problem is she doesn't know how to...:D

Should mike jagger , Bruce Springsteen , bono etc retire too as they are older than her ? What age should singers / musicians retire at ?
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    Should mike jagger , Bruce Springsteen , bono etc retire too as they are older than her ? What age should singers / musicians retire at ?

Bono is younger than Madonna but I agree with your point. I would add to your list Cher, Elton John, David Bowie (David had a hit album last year)
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bono is younger than Madonna but I agree with your point. I would add to your list Cher, Elton John, David Bowie (David had a hit album last year)

Kate Bush can join the list. She won a South Bank Award for her album in 2012 - should she also retire?
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ageism is no better than racism. Lots of hypocrites on this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I’ve found that being a strong female is actually more frightening to the black men that I’ve dated. It took me a really long time to accept that.

You know, I believe that I have never been treated more disrespectfully as a woman than by the black men that I’ve dated. I’ve never actually said that to anybody, but it’s true and I think it’s a cultural thing.
    I think black men have just been **** on for so long, that, in a way, black women are maybe more willing to accept rage from a black man, because they see what’s happened to them. So many black men grow up without fathers, without strong male figures, without a sense of romance and seeing a man treat a woman with respect. I always thought that I appealed to the black and/or gay communities because they’re minority groups and they are prejudged based on things that they have no control over. If you’re born black, you have no control over that. If you’re born gay you can’t help that and you are judged by your sexual preference. The gay community does embrace me and is supportive of me; the black community, on the other hand does not.

I identified with black men because I thought in a way we experience the same things — people treat you like **** ’cause you’re black, people treat you like **** ’cause you’re a woman."

Found it.
  • Options
    mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think what might have happened was she thought it meant something else these days. Old people usually end up using words or sayings they have no idea what they mean in front of young people to make their selves seem young
  • Options
    carlito000carlito000 Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    "I’ve found that being a strong female is actually more frightening to the black men that I’ve dated. It took me a really long time to accept that.

You know, I believe that I have never been treated more disrespectfully as a woman than by the black men that I’ve dated. I’ve never actually said that to anybody, but it’s true and I think it’s a cultural thing.
    I think black men have just been **** on for so long, that, in a way, black women are maybe more willing to accept rage from a black man, because they see what’s happened to them. So many black men grow up without fathers, without strong male figures, without a sense of romance and seeing a man treat a woman with respect. I always thought that I appealed to the black and/or gay communities because they’re minority groups and they are prejudged based on things that they have no control over. If you’re born black, you have no control over that. If you’re born gay you can’t help that and you are judged by your sexual preference. The gay community does embrace me and is supportive of me; the black community, on the other hand does not.

I identified with black men because I thought in a way we experience the same things — people treat you like **** ’cause you’re black, people treat you like **** ’cause you’re a woman."

Found it.

While this quote does indeed contain some of the most cringeworthy & nonsensical generalisations I have ever read in my entire life I guess we should acknowledge that it was made some 20 years ago. I'm certainly a very different person to who I was back then:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carlito000 wrote: »
    While this quote does indeed contain some of the most cringeworthy & nonsensical generalisations I have ever read in my entire life I guess we should acknowledge that it was made some 20 years ago. I'm certainly a very different person to who I was back then:p

Indeed. But this was after Sean Penn. After that disaster, Madonna has the nerve to say those hideous things about black men (and women)? :kitty:

It puts the #dis***** comment into context, too.