Are Ashleigh fans going to dictate the result of every poll this week?

123457»

Comments

• KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    That isn't true at all. And you never shown us any evidence that double standards work both ways.

Well--in a very small nutshell: it appears to me that Helen's supporters think they should be able to support Helen without any retaliation from forum mates who don't like Helen but they unrelentingly berate Ashleigh fans for supporting Ashleigh.
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing folks remember the i pad can be used to vote on too. Another load of different aged people will own them too lol
  • GalacticusGalacticus Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've already responded to this point. If it's purely about numbers then why the campaigns? Surely they aren't necessary. I think the campaigns are about more in that they are mobilising support and also about targeting others. Certainly the vote Jale out campaign left a bad taste as far as I'm concerned.

The two 'bib's are not incompatible. It is necessary in any sort of vote to mobilise the voters and get them to actually vote rather than just supporting a candidate and not voting.

The 'targeting others' is simply tactical voting, which goes on in any vote where such can be leveraged successfully; again it is not incompatible with actual support being for the favoured candidate in superior numbers.
  • straystray Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not helping with that >:(

;-) :D

too late:cool::D
    lol at the Old timer:)
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    KDDS07 wrote: »
    Well--in a very small nutshell: it appears to me that Helen's supporters think they should be able to support Helen without any retaliation from forum mates who don't like Helen but they unrelentingly berate Ashleigh fans for supporting Ashleigh.

I think that quite a few on here assume those that are negative about Ashleigh are Helen supporters. In fact I know they do as it has been suggested to those who do not like that Ashleigh is immune this week that they can now feel the hurt that the rest felt about Helen having immunity. Nearly every poster this was said to has responded that they didn't want Helen to have immunity either but that has been ignored.

Who are these Helen supporters? They seem to be a construction of some Ashleigh supporters so that they can dismiss criticism of Ashleigh and put the debate into an easy black and white world.

No one wants HMs they like to be criticised obviously but the double standard doesn't exist there but at the heart of the support for Ashleigh because of the arguments used to vote Jale out IE She was up Helen's bum and she has a game plan. Ashleigh is now good pals with Helen but apparently that is a game plan :o>:(
  • KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    I think that quite a few on here assume those that are negative about Ashleigh are Helen supporters. In fact I know they do as it has been suggested to those who do not like that Ashleigh is immune this week that they can now feel the hurt that the rest felt about Helen having immunity. Nearly every poster this was said to has responded that they didn't want Helen to have immunity either but that has been ignored.

Who are these Helen supporters? They seem to be a construction of some Ashleigh supporters so that they can dismiss criticism of Ashleigh and put the debate into an easy black and white world.

No one wants HMs they like to be criticised obviously but the double standard doesn't exist there but at the heart of the support for Ashleigh because of the arguments used to vote Jale out IE She was up Helen's bum and she has a game plan. Ashleigh is now good pals with Helen but apparently that is a game plan :o>:(

Well that may be the case for some. I voted Jale out because all my favorites were up with her. And I'm sure most of the people who voted Jale out did so for the same reason. Yet we all get tarred with the same "Jale was voted out because she was up Helen's arse." Some may have felt that way but many voted Jale out for other reasons--but that also gets ignored. Like I said -- Double standards work both ways.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    No, i have been going off the series more and more since Armageddon week. The constant double standards and moaning from Ashleigh fans has ruined the series.

If anything, Ashleigh fans are the ones who should be accused of sour grapes.

I'm an Ashleigh/Christopher supporter and i've been going off it as well, i agree in many respects but i'm not going off it for Ashleigh related reasons. More to do with taking the publics vote away etc. We're not all bitching and moaning about everything, the more fans the more moaners. Any fanbase can set up a campaign really.

I'm quite happy the public is getting involved for once although it is not ideal that it's limited to apple.
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who are these Helen supporters? They seem to be a construction of some Ashleigh supporters so that they can dismiss criticism of Ashleigh and put the debate into an easy black and white world. C

Good pals hey. First of Helen recently has said i like Ashleigh now and i wan't her to make the final. If thats not bum licking all of a sudden what is. In a nutshell Helens scrambling to be Ashleighs best bud since good crowd reactions and app vote results. Funny that. On the flip side today after finding out the public picked her to be immune. Ashleigh said now you'll all have to find another person to nominate. Shes no fool sums it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother deals - foul called.
    Public deals - foul called.

What next - I know what will suit the trolls, Helen deals.... yay, we can all go round grunting 'apes together strong'.
  • zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    Just watched Ashleigh getting immunity. I suggest that all the other housemates get the bus home. What a farce! Who the hell is voting on the app?

I would have thought that that was obvious.:D
  • zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kikka wrote: »
    All this ludicrous 'I'm going to vote for Ashleigh despite everything she has done ' voting has spoiled this year's BB more than anything .

There is no point in us either watching or voting if these people are going to be allowed to circumvent everything .

Let her win. Forget the programme and let's get on with our lives.

Bye bye then.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's going to get a little bit boring and predicable if that happens whereby every positive vote goes her way and negative one is placed on someone they dislike.

So far she has got 2/2 with the immune vote and the task winning vote.

Lets see if mark is voted for the letters to make it a hat trick (i read her fans here and twitter are all voting for mark) also they seem to be deleting the app and reinstalling it to vote multiple times.why not just vote once and give it to the housemate of choice in a "fair" manner;-)

Gina and Dexter were the same last year i guess and if available at the time Josie/Aaron and Luke a would have won all these votes

All of Ashleigh's fans were contacted secretly and given a free phone.

Alllegedly.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    All of Ashleigh's fans were contacted secretly and given a free phone.

Alllegedly.

Well they missed me out:o:D
  • sandfordsandford Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They can stick their app.

Hopefully, Ashleigh is beaten in the real final vote.
  • Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    KDDS07 wrote: »

Again with they mythical Helen supporters. Ironic, really, because Helen and Ashleigh are the same attitude in different bodies. The only people who support Helen's behavior are the fans of Ashleigh who make excuses every time she behaves the same way Helen does. You'll find most people who aren't enthralled with Ashleigh want someone else entirely to win - Chris, Christopher, Winston, Zoe, Pav, even Mark.
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    wrong thread.....
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to get a little bit boring and predicable if that happens whereby every positive vote goes her way and negative one is placed on someone they dislike.

So far she has got 2/2 with the immune vote and the task winning vote.

Lets see if mark is voted for the letters to make it a hat trick (i read her fans here and twitter are all voting for mark) also they seem to be deleting the app and reinstalling it to vote multiple times.why not just vote once and give it to the housemate of choice in a "fair" manner;-)

Gina and Dexter were the same last year i guess and if available at the time Josie/Aaron and Luke a would have won all these votes

Well considering nobody knows the result of the poll except BB then I think the whole app thing is a farce! There is NO WAY of verifying the result independently so if they use the app more often to make decisions then you can expect the hm's BB want to progress doing so!!
This discussion has been closed.