Drunk Ashleigh...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Haters. When will they learn.

These anti-Ashleigh threads always backfire.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I can't speak for BM, but personally, while I don't mind Ashleigh as a housemate (she's okay; I don't cringe or change channel whenever she's up, she's not Mark) I'll admit to finding some of shriller fans, who seem to see her as a cross between Joan Of Arc, Kylie Minogue and a young Margaret Thatcher, fairly irritating.

I have to admit that I'd calmed down on the Ashleigh dislike for a while and even had some moments where i thought she was okay but this saintly image some have of her does rub me the wrong way most of the time. But I suppose we all are entitled to our opinions so live and let live I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JedHigh wrote: »
    Haters. When will they learn.

These anti-Ashleigh threads always backfire.

:D They do.. mainly because the evidence just isn't there.

I don't think Ashleigh is a saint, just a very intelligent, likeable woman.
  • kikkakikka Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D They do.. mainly because the evidence just isn't there.

I don't think Ashleigh is a saint, just a very intelligent, likeable woman.

You are entitled to your view of course , but there are plenty of other people who find her devious and two - faced.
  • YerbamateYerbamate Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    So cute when she's drunk. :)

NOT>:(
  • Lucky lad34Lucky lad34 Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She,s quite possibly the most wonderful drunk ive ever seen,once shes ad a few she,s truly incandescant.a credit to youngsters everywhere,poise & control with the odd crude swear word thrown in just to keep it real of course
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually found it endearing.

If c**t is said maliciously like it has been by a few people, then yeah it's disgusting. But if it's said like Ashleigh said it, in somewhat of a jokingly manner, "I used to think you were a c**t *everybody laughs*", then people need to grow up.
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was ace. And she was still true to what she had said previous weeks. Good for her for openly admitting in front of both Ash and Helen that she used to think Ash was a c**t. She did think that! And she more or less stood up for Danielle whilst finding it funny of course, but still not joining in with this 'epic banter' that they seem to find funny.
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    I actually found it endearing.

If c**t is said maliciously like it has been by a few people, then yeah it's disgusting. But if it's said like Ashleigh said it, in somewhat of a jokingly manner, "I used to think you were a c**t *everybody laughs*", then people need to grow up.

Agreed. It's a word, get a grip. It's all about context I find. If it's said in an insulting way I can see why people would find it vulgar, but it wasn't. It was drunken conversation.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    sangreal wrote: »
    Woooo! :D

Here's the YouTube version, btw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcIK9P9NrOo

Yess! Finally got it to work. Poor Ashleigh thought it would be on the highlights but BB can't have us thinking she can enjoy herself too much. :confused:
  • this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when helen gets drunks calls someone a name she hated for life , when ashleigh does it ? nothing but love here......... ok
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIGM0MMA wrote: »
    What a charming site.. Oh dear.

How nice of her to say she thought Ash was a c**t. She told Jale she was one as well according to Jale herself.

What site was that? Was she on this site? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, the old "shes drunk" chestnut. Didn't take long for that one to excuse her.

Are you saying all young people go around getting drunk and calling people a c**t?

Probably quite a lot of them actually!
  • Lucky lad34Lucky lad34 Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this_THAT wrote: »
    when helen gets drunks calls someone a name she hated for life , when ashleigh does it ? nothing but love here......... ok
    but have you not noticed how she slags her self off as well ? How you can equate helens name calling to ashleighs is beyond belief,the contexts aren't even similar,when i go out drinking we all slag each other off & swear all night,its called banter & its totally normal in most working class circles,i think a lot of these outraged posters on here must have big brother mixed up with downton abbey
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont forget she also called Jale one. Just accept it, she got drunk and used fouls and abusive language. I don't think the group knew what to say, it made uncomfortable viewing.

Strange Ashleigh fans see it as funny.

I don't know what you watch but it certainly isn't the same show I'm watching. There was nothing uncomfortable about it. They all had a laugh. Give it up FGS we get you don't like Ashleigh but it's time for you to accept that others do. So please just move along!:(
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the out of context stuff lol Calling people a c*** she never did that. That was Helen and Ash in previous weeks like twice each. Ashleigh never said it out aloud in anger how they have. She was just discussing those weeks with Ash while a bit drunk , that's a different context.

Anyway read my post 168 in here if you want more detail lol
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this_THAT wrote: »
    But that's when Helen's having an argument, this situation is different as they were just having a chat and having a laugh. Totally different context.
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robinson1 wrote: »
    They do indeed and some older people too :)

Well I used to have a necklace that said c**t on it. I loved it. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    I'm quite amused at the hypocrisy on here, Helen calls people a few childish names and she's "foul mouthed and vile". Ashleigh calls Ash a c u next Tuesday and she's "amusing". Sometimes I really do wonder about people.

Oh come on you have to put things into context. When Helen was calling people those names she was being aggressive and beligerent. Okay she seems to have calmed down a lot and I'm actually warming to her a bit now but please don't re-write history. Personally I don't have a problem with the C word at all. It's just a word and as with any swear word, the context and tone in which it is used is far more telling than the word itself.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dtorre wrote: »
    A lot of people don't like Ashliegh because of her sycophantic fans and their obsessive threads who defend her no matter how wrong she is and forgive her anything and everything

Best post this year and all that really needs to be said, I applaud you.

I have 4 grown up sons and if they used that word in front of me I would slap their faces. As for a girl or lady using it then they are no lady and people wonder why Ashleigh is compared to Helen and it's being said she is as bad!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that isn't true - is it?

Ashleighs implied silence on the matter was deafening.

What's implied silence?:confused:
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come on you have to put things into context. When Helen was calling people those names she was being aggressive and beligerent. Okay she seems to have calmed down a lot and I'm actually warming to her a bit now but please don't re-write history. Personally I don't have a problem with the C word at all. It's just a word and as with any swear word, the context and tone in which it is used is far more telling than the word itself.
    That's pretty much spot on, personally I don't see how others can see it differently.

People swear and there's nothing wrong with that imo, as you and others say, it depends what context it is being used. If Ashleigh was being aggressive and shouting then I could see where other people are coming from.
  • farlofanfarlofan Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has been a funny read, ok Ashleigh is a naughty girl for using such a bad word and should go to bed without any dinner but come on don't ignore the context in which it was said. It wasn't aggressive, the group laughed, big deal.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farlofan wrote: »
    This thread has been a funny read, ok Ashleigh is a naughty girl for using such a bad word and should go to bed without any dinner but come on don't ignore the context in which it was said. It wasn't aggressive, the group laughed, big deal.

Correct.