Options

Mr Reeves - Furniture Store in Croydon

alisonrose3764alisonrose3764 Posts: 1,493
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just heartbreaking - a business passed down through generations just ruined by mindless thugs - that poor, poor man.

Comments

• Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Yes, I was listening to him and his brother speaking to Sky News.

Absolutely shocking.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Sickening. The store's been going since Victorian times.
  • Options
    crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure people will think, 'well tonnes of businesses have been destroyed, what makes this more newsworthy', but the fact it has been a massive business through generations, it is incredibly upsetting and shocking...
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes,that was heartbreaking to listen to.
    Does anyone know if the buildings and contents insurance for all of these properties covers 'damage cause by riots'?.
    I hope there isn't some get out clause.That would even worse for these poor folk.
    I think it's all quite shameful.
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't hear that, I will listen out for another play of it.

That store has been there for donkeys years, I've even been there myself on a few occasions. Poor, poor bloke (and everyone) who has lost their homes, business and just about everything because a few mindless idiots haven't got anything better to do with their time.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    It was heartbreaking to listen to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the buildings and contents insurance for all of these properties covers 'damage cause by riots'?.
    I hope there isn't some get out clause.That would even worse for these poor folk.

I read on here earlier than home insurance doesn't cover civil unrest and the like. I had no idea, seems completely wrong that people get no recompense for such dreadful, dreadful things.
  • Options
    ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just tragic.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »

There was a bloke on the news earlier - he was a loss adjuster I think - and he was saying that these businesses etc. will only be covered if the government actually declare what's happened as a riot and then the government will be liable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jojo01 wrote: »
    I read on here earlier than home insurance doesn't cover civil unrest and the like. I had no idea, seems completely wrong that people get no recompense for such dreadful, dreadful things.

That's guttting for so many people.
  • Options
    belfastkidbelfastkid Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Mr Reeves gets millions in compensation. And he deserves sympathy from the public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a bloke on the news earlier - he was a loss adjuster I think - and he was saying that these businesses etc. will only be covered if the government actually declare what's happened as a riot and then the government will be liable.

:( Well it's definitely a riot.So hopefully they'll be able to rebuild.It won't come close to making up for what people have lost but at least it's a start.
  • Options
    FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Years of hard work gone in a flash by someone who's probably never worked a day in their life.

Shocking stuff.
  • Options
    crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have we got an article on Mickey Reeves?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad others agree that this is heartbreaking - of course lots of people will have suffered today but somehow Mr Reeves moved me more than I can say.
    I wonder if people will try and rally round and help them out - if anyone is local to Croydon here and knows could they post and let us know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad others agree that this is heartbreaking - of course lots of people will have suffered today but somehow Mr Reeves moved me more than I can say.
    I wonder if people will try and rally round and help them out - if anyone is local to Croydon here and knows could they post and let us know.

I live in Croydon and was thinking the same a short time ago. This is where we (in Croydon) need to get together and rally round and support the people who have lost everything like Mr Reeves. I just wish I knew how to go about such a thing. If anyone has any advice, it would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojo01 wrote: »
    I live in Croydon and was thinking the same a short time ago. This is where we (in Croydon) need to get together and rally round and support the people who have lost everything like Mr Reeves. I just wish I knew how to go about such a thing. If anyone has any advice, it would be appreciated.

Me too - I agree people need to rally round and help where they can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too - I agree people need to rally round and help where they can.

Yep. The majority of people (I still like to think) in London are decent and would want to see the city restored asap.
  • Options
    agentzagentz Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was utterly appalling listening to the two brothers on the phone to Sky News. Poor guys, felt so sorry for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a website - houseofreeves.com - have tried to send them a message but I think the site is busy or the server is down.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it made for a good diversion while some hoodies looted themselves a new xbox. That's the main thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes me so mad that these brainless gorks are enjoying this sort of thing about wrecking people's lives, the repercussions on the economy will hopefully hit them up the backside, rather than it does to us as taxpayers who bloody look after them when they sit at home on their backsides enjoying every benefit for existing like a bum (sorry lot of arse words here!).
    If it were their business (probably drug related-the selling of) then they may have a different opinion!:mad:
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Mr Reeves. Just listening to him on News24 now :(