Comments

• Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    It is scheduled for 8 pm Thursdays. Every ABC show gets killed there. Charlie's Angels and Missing both bombed there this season. The competition is too tough.
  • Options
    DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    It is scheduled for 8 pm Thursdays. Every ABC show gets killed there. Charlie's Angels and Missing both bombed there this season. The competition is too tough.
    Eugh... I won't bother with it now! lol

Updated with other abc previews
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    It looks awesome! I hope it is awesome! I hope it stays awesome!

None of the other ABC pilot shows, or any other network pilot shows actually look that good from what i've seen. Anyone got any recommendations of new shows next year.

I might just watch 666 park avenue just because of Terry O'Quinn (yes i'm a lost fan)
  • Options
    DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    It looks awesome! I hope it is awesome! I hope it stays awesome!

None of the other ABC pilot shows, or any other network pilot shows actually look that good from what i've seen. Anyone got any recommendations of new shows next year.

I might just watch 666 park avenue just because of Terry O'Quinn (yes i'm a lost fan)
    I think Red Widow looks pretty good... and it's got Radha Mitchell ..

Plus I'm actually getting quite exited about CBS's Elementary.
    I was totally against it at first but I have a good feeling about it.

Revolution looks like the yearly trash sci fi that everyone will watch, and hate...and it will get cancelled then everyone will complain.. etc etc
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    A shame, ABC have put it in one of the most competitive timeslots of the week.

It'll go up against The Big Bang Theory/Two and a Half Men on CBS, The X-Factor/American Idol results shows on Fox, 30 Rock and Up All Night on NBC and unless changed tomorrrow, The Vampire Diaries on the CW.

The CBS and Fox offerings alone are likely to kill it, but no doubt 30 Rock and TVD will chip away at any potential audience as well.

You have to wonder sometimes why new shows even get greenlit when they're going to get offered up as a glorified sacrificial lamb, put into a timeslot where it can't possibly win. They should have put Body of Proof or Private Practice there instead.
  • Options
    johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Last Resort looks a lot like Lost, which I didn't like. That doesn't bode well.
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some interesting shows, crap shoot to predict which will survive!

Hope I do better with my choices time round, because last season most of my shows got canned after one season.

Adds to the fun I guess??!
  • Options
    johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Also, watching Zero Hour, The Da Vinci Code did pop into my head.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Densino wrote: »

Revolution looks like the yearly trash sci fi that everyone will watch, and hate...and it will get cancelled then everyone will complain.. etc etc

I've got a feeling that revolution will be wicked and pairing it wilth The Voice should make it a hit, but then again I really liked The Event and that got canned pretty sharpish so who knows
  • Options
    Forum Member

Red Widow just looks a bit meh to me. As do the new comedies. I'm sure they'll be good but from the trailers the story lines just look a bit unfunny. Especially 'The Neighbours'.
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member

My word, you're getting this thread in early aren't you?
  • Options
    JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I desperately want to like 666 Park Avenue because the strong cast span across so many of my favourite shows, but the premise so far hasn't exactly drawn me in. I will give it the chance it deserves I just hope it can gather a following in the US or it won't matter what I think. ;)
  • Options
    James68James68 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    ABC = General Hospital !
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of the shows in the OP

Last Resort - looks good but not sure how long the premise could last. I presume most if not all the footage is from the pilot?

Nashville, Red Widow - Not interested

666 Park Avenue - Not really grabbing me with the trailer, will probably still give it a go though.

Zero Hour - Got a feeling this one will be cancelled early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Out of the shows in the OP

Last Resort - looks good but not sure how long the premise could last. I presume most if not all the footage is from the pilot?

Nashville, Red Widow - Not interested

666 Park Avenue - Not really grabbing me with the trailer, will probably still give it a go though.

Zero Hour - Got a feeling this one will be cancelled early.

I agree with you totally.

Last Resort looks a bit more like a mini series than an actual full 24 episode season kind of show. The trailer looks like a movie showing most of the footage from each part more than just the pilot. I'm going to be interested what the story arc is and how it would progress if they do plan for more than just 1 season.
  • Options
    muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has this show been picked up in the UK ? If so who by ?
  • Options
    AnniesBoobsAnniesBoobs Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Has this show been picked up in the UK ? If so who by ?
    no....
  • Options
    PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the pilot is up on the US web a week before the premiere and it was great !
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prilicla wrote: »
    Well the pilot is up on the US web a week before the premiere and it was great !

One of the most entertaining pilots I've seen in a long time. It's got a totally stupid plot but it looks like it could be an interesting ride - until it is inevitably cancelled.