Snow watch 2012/2013

Comments

• leicslad4leicslad4 Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Have seen the forecast for the week ahead and theres a great deal of uncertainty about next weekend. It looks as though it could get colder from the east but next weekend is a long way off and things could change and the atlantic that has been giving britain a battering with rain since april could win the day.

Another factor is the jet stream if it stays where it is then we wont have snow it will stay mild with southwesterlys
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leicslad4 wrote: »
    Have seen the forecast for the week ahead and theres a great deal of uncertainty about next weekend. It looks as though it could get colder from the east but next weekend is a long way off and things could change and the atlantic that has been giving britain a battering with rain since april could win the day.

Another factor is the jet stream if it stays where it is then we wont have snow it will stay mild with southwesterlys

I watched country file too!!

please no snow - thank you
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,526
    Forum Member
    leicslad4 wrote: »

I think the message from all the models at the moment is that by next weekend, there won't be *any* strong westerlies anywhere near us. That doesn't necessarily mean the continental cold (by then) will push across here but it sure does make it more likely! If the cold wins, it could either be from the East by next weekend, or from the North a few days later as the predicted high regresses Westwards and *hopefully* pushes a strong ridge northwards.

What I don't much want is for the high to sit over us before any decent cold air grabs us, because that would be just wishy-washy coldish with night frosts but not much chance of widespread snow.

Interesting times!
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over the weekend it will (apparently) be changing and getting much colder. I thought today was mild but after a while I was frozen! Something funny in the air.

Not sure about snow (yet) but it's always a possibility.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently we are getting snow Saturday.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was lovely here this afternoon ... like spring but that way you know the cold is on the way! forecast says we might get snow at the weekend, I doubt we will all around us usually gets it but being on the coast we rarely see it
  • TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    3C in Belfast already. Quite noticable from the balmy temps of late.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    The cold is better, least it is brighter and you can wrap up warm. If you're soaked from the rain then it is awful - hate getting into work with soaked trousers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently we are getting snow Saturday.

woooooooooooooo :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's coming Saturday! :D (apparently)
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Due in the Midlands Saturday.....
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I woke up, my phone said it was snowing.....:eek: It was lying:)......But it does look like it might happen tomorrow:eek:
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it doesn't
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Snowing again here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my phone atm says ~light snow~ Saturday & Sunday :eek::D:D
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want snow :(
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neither do i but its the ice and cold im more worried about
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait :D

Hope it's so thick you miserable lot can't work.
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking good for Monday here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it snows loads tomorrow so I can't go to work, but that it clears so quick on sunday that I can go out for lunch for my mothers birthday :D
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait :D

Hope it's so thick you miserable lot can't work.
    I can work from home. I actually prefer to work from home so for me it's a good excuse. However I'm mindful of the impact it has on other people and for that reason I hope that it stays clear.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edit wrong quote
  • mikemoldmikemold Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Whatever it does this weekend, you can bet your life the whole country will grind to a halt.
    Councils, airports and railways will be ill prepared, despite the fact that we all know something is heading our way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it's Monday that it will settle.
  • Hootenanny123Hootenanny123 Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Well at least I will get a day off work, I can make it in, but it seems others cannot, therefore the whole building is closed.