Exactly 8 years since BB6 launched.

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
Forum Member
I remember I went out bowling that night as a 13 year old, and I got home at the time Kemal was entering the house in his Sari and the first thing I said to my Mum was - "Mum, that is a man".

Comments

• k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    I remember I went out bowling that night as a 13 year old, and I got home at the time Kemal was entering the house in his Sari and the first thing I said to my Mum was - "Mum, that is a man".

Loved BB6 as a series, certainly up there as one of my favourites, I actually watched the launch night just a few months ago and there was loads of things from launch night I either never picked up first time or completely forgot about:

- Derek's 'oohs' and 'oh my's' to his surroundings once he entered the house.

-Mary not realizing she had to push the door open once she entered the house.

-Science refering to himself as 'Science The Great' as he entered the house, leading to a 'who the hell do you think you are' look from Maxwell.

- The audible gasp from the crowd as Kemal stepped out of the car.
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    The launch night didnt take my interest. I did not find 1 person i could really get behind. Got better a few days in.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    :eek:

8 years!

Crikey I feel old :o
  • SCOUSE-DUDESCOUSE-DUDE Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell I was a few months shy of my 18th birthday!! Few days after the miracle of Istanbul(LFC fans know what I'm on about).

That was a top draw series for me, big brother in it's peak.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved BB6 launch night (apart from the producers making Mary dress up as witch).. Wasn't long before the nastiness set in to spoil things.
  • peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    I loved BB6 launch night (apart from the producers making Mary dress up as witch).. Wasn't long before the nastiness set in to spoil things.
    Making her?

She's a grown woman

I presume she could have just 'No, I'm not dressing up as a witch'

:confused:
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell I was a few months shy of my 18th birthday!! Few days after the miracle of Istanbul(LFC fans know what I'm on about).

That was a top draw series for me, big brother in it's peak.

I flew out to New York the day after the miracle of Istanbul ;) so missed launch night.

Made up for it the when I got back. Loved that series
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    peterstone wrote: »
    Making her?

She's a grown woman

And be denied a place on the show.
    Forum Member
    And be denied a place on the show.

It was a requirement of picking her that she wore a witches costume on launch night?

I presume she over egged the 'witch' angle at her audition which was got her picked.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    peterstone wrote: »
    Making her?

She's a grown woman

Either way it was pretty lame, even compared to Lesley's launch night costume.
  • birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last half decent series, in my opinion.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    The first half of it was great, the last few weeks it went on a slippery slope to a crappy final.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe that was eight years ago! :eek:
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

I'm sure her cape ended up getting tangled up somehow so she took it off.

And funnily enough, Anthony got booed on the way in after he started to over work the crowd.

That year was my favourite ever launch night.
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB6 is my favourite series.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother 2008 was my favourite series of C4. Although I didn't watch earlier series, I saw 2007 one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't remember who won.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    Can't remember who won.

I think it was that Anthony guy.
  • PaulB1973PaulB1973 Posts: 2,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    birdsong wrote: »

I concur, I suppose the next regular series (2006's BB7) wasn't too bad in hindsight. But BB6 was the last series with great tasks and high production values along with the humorous Big Brother producers which was a theme this year. One BB voice in particular - had a Geordie accent [not Marcus] Danny Bell I believe his name was, featured very heavily in BB6, t'was he who dated Anthony and teased Makosi on various occasions. And not forgetting one of the best housemates ever to grace the house, the aforementioned Makosi - not that I was a huge fan of hers at the time. I have great memories of BB6, luckily I have every highlight show and eviction on DVD.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I think it was that Anthony guy.

Yes it was I remember meeting him a couple of years ago on the street at 3am after the nightclub we were in closed. :o
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Yes it was I remember meeting him a couple of years ago on the street at 3am after the nightclub we were in closed. :o
    I remember about it :p:D:o

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1375972
  • DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel so old. That was when BB peaked in my interest. So many ego's but definitely one of the most entertaining.
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    BB6

Awful HMs

One of the best evictions of all time (Maxwell Plank)

Worst final, ever.

Worst winner of all time.

Most annoyingly smug **^&%*g disco dance performed at the top of the stairs by an undeserving winner...ever.

Worst final night interview, ever.

Most innovative use of a wine bottle....ever.
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As entertainment levels go it was up there with the best.

Great housemates ( who cares if they were often nasty,its big brother )
    Great tasks although nowhere near the level of BB5s tasks.
    Lots and lots of comedy elements to it.
    Poor winner although slightly better than the runner up.
    Bad interviews and an awful eviction crowd
    The last series to have a perfect live feed where they showed tasks in full without video loops and there was something always going on after midnight.
    A very interesting launch which i will always remember because of makosis mission.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    birdsong wrote: »

Yes. It was all down hill after BB6. I thought BB7 was overrated and BB9 and BB11 started with promise but went wrong in the middle somewhere. BB6 was compelling all along, I never felt bored of it.