Simon making unprofessional digs at Sir Brucie

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is there any need for it? Its hugely unprofessional and makes him look childish and petty. Why does it bother him so much when other celebrities criticise his shows anyway? He's done the same when people have slated the X Factor. People are
entitled to pass comment, its a free country after all.

It might be worth Simon remembering that Bruce's show has trounced the X Factor for the past two years ;)

Comments

• SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Simon cowell's just bitter that Bruce forsyth is presenter of a more popular show than xfactor.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just said on another thread about this, Cowell is just a smug get, he cant help himself, i agree with Bruce actually, how many more kid acts have we to watch, and the judges saying how wonderful they are because they are children or they will have another Holly Steel scenario, Im not saying they are not talented but some adults who i believe are better than some of the children acts did not get through....
  • Banks246Banks246 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The kids are talented yes, but they should still be talented when they are adults and have had chance to be children and do normal children things.

It's just not fair on them as they don't know any better.

Half the time I suspect it's parents desperate for their children to become rich and famous....:rolleyes:
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think SImon was right on this one, if Bruce had his way, he would be denying that little girl who has a big talent the chance to get the foot through the door. No one knows if the show will be around before she turns 16.

So she has decided to take her chance now.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might be worth Simon remembering that Bruce's show has trounced the X Factor for the past two years ;)

Exactly what I said.

The fact that he's made digs on tonight's show says to me that he's annoyed by Bruce's comments.
  • DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if Bruce stopped having a go about kids in bgt it would help.
  • mrtrobzmrtrobz Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of the kids on the show have more talent than that has been. He should stick to wandering around sets having no idea what is going on and reading his lines of the auto cue incorrectly. :p
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diane wrote: »
    Maybe if Bruce stopped having a go about kids in bgt it would help.

He has a point though and I agree with him to me they are way to young
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrtrobz wrote: »
    A lot of the kids on the show have more talent than that has been. He should stick to wandering around sets having no idea what is going on and reading his lines of the auto cue incorrectly. :p

Lol yah maybe in your wierd world
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has a point though and I agree with him to me they are way to young
    How are they too young? All the young kids on tonights show performed admirably live. Its nonsense to say they are too young.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    I think SImon was right on this one, if Bruce had his way, he would be denying that little girl who has a big talent the chance to get the foot through the door. No one knows if the show will be around before she turns 16.

No her parents did.

They are the one with the real power in this.

And I highly doubt with the way tv is going that there will not be some kind of singing/ talent contest for her to enter.

The pressures and fame etc that will come her way could ruin her just as much as make her great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are they too young? All the young kids on tonights show performed admirably live. Its nonsense to say they are too young.

No one is saying they are not good but the fact remeinds they are still young and I have no idea why your saying "how are they to young" the clue is there age
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Banks246 wrote: »
    No her parents did.

And I highly doubt with the way tv is going that there will not be some kind of singing/ talent contest for her to enter.

The pressures and fame etc that will come her way could ruin her just as much as make her great.

Great post and you make some interesting points
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I absolutely hate the ad breaks. Yes recording finished so now to watch.

Who said no one take any notice....the thing is we all do! We just don't realise it. The trick being the name/brand is planted in the back of your mind. So when out shopping your more likely to go for the familiar name/brand.

Turn the sound down, make a brew, switch channels or best of all record it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great post and you make some interesting points

Thanks, I just think it's not fair and that children should be aloud to be children.

They have plenty of time as adults to worry about the pressures and worries that this kind of life undoubtedly comes with.

I'm not saying it changes everyone, but for a lot of children it can't be good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one is saying they are not good but the fact remeinds they are still young and I have no idea why your saying "how are they to young" the clue is there age
    Yes, young but not too young. They had no problems at all on the show tonight. So what if they are 11 years of age or younger, if they can handle it, then there should be no problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, young but not too young. They had no problems at all on the show tonight. So what if they are 11 years of age or younger, if they can handle it, then there should be no problem.

Think long term, not just one nights performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Banks246 wrote: »
    No her parents did.

Oh come on, do you think they seriously dragged her by the hair to the audition? Lets get real. She obviously wanted to do it, her parents most likely did too. Its hardly a crime to appear on the show.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If parents want their children to become actors,dancers or singers they should send them to stage school.
    Then enter BGT afterwards. Then again they might need the prize money to send them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come on, do you think they seriously dragged her by the hair to the audition? Lets get real. She obviously wanted to do it, her parents most likely did too. Its hardly a crime to appear on the show.

since when did kids know what's best for them?

I wanted to to stay out after dark when I was a kid, doesn't mean my parents should let me.
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    must have been awkward for alesha

just got in but i will be watching for this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes but at the end of the day most of its down to the parents I mean do u think a child will know how much pressure they will be under if they ever did make it big? No matter how people may try to spin it there is a lot of pressure in show business and to me they are young
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All Brucie suggested was to have a kid's edition, rather than pitch them up against adults. So they could still make it if they were good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And you know that do you?
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boring bruce