Options

Is DS a fair and fun place to post?

BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Must of you will know I made a thread about past members on this thread and there seem to be loads of long term users! Feel free to contribute!

So many fun memories, naughty users that got banned or just left and stories of trolls and doxying, I feel left out! :D

To the oldies and newcomers, what do you think of DS? :cool:

Comments

• Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes fun, certainly not fair.
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People seem OK.... if they agree with you!

If not, all kinds of accusations come flying out.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Brookline, you're a new poster. Why the keen interest in bygone posters?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookline, you're a new poster. Why the keen interest in bygone posters?:confused:

It gets posts. Tried a Justin B one and a advice one and got little interest. This gets interests. Plus I wouldn't consider myself new anymore.
  • Options
    Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    I find DS to be fun, most of the time :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    People seem OK.... if they agree with you!

If not, all kinds of accusations come flying out.

Frankie_Little just did that to me! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a lot of intelligence on here. :) There are forum members I actually love (I'm not going to name them as that would be seriously creepy) for their humour and intelligence. Obviously there are incredibly irritating people as well, but that is just life really.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy geeking out in various TV forums and Movies/Music and the majority of FM's seem pretty nice.

The occasional rude or disparaging post...couldn't give reggub really. It isn't that serious.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    "Fun & fair" ? Sure. But usually not at the same time.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Yes best place on www your young get out get a life dear most young I know would never hang around www, my sons are in their 30s and would never post an www they have a life,
    go forth and enjoy your life
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside wrote: »
    It gets posts. Tried a Justin B one and a advice one and got little interest. This gets interests. Plus I wouldn't consider myself new anymore.

You consider a thread with 70 replies and another with 30 to be 'little interest'...? I'm happy if a thread I start gets more than 5.... You've high posting standards! Maybe you've been spoiled by the 'Old members' thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    You consider a thread with 70 replies and another with 30 to be 'little interest'...? I'm happy if a thread I start gets more than 5.... You've high posting standards! Maybe you've been spoiled by the 'Old members' thread

I was gutted not to get more than 50 posts on my new soap threads :blush:
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    Must of you will know I made a thread about past members on this thread and there seem to be loads of long term users! Feel free to contribute!

So many fun memories, naughty users that got banned or just left and stories of trolls and doxying, I feel left out! :D

Did you mean "doxing"....although I do recall the time(s) vosne tried to start a brothel :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it here.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member

Sounds like too much Harry Potter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avidian wrote: »
    Did you mean "doxing"....although I do recall the time(s) vosne tried to start a brothel :D

Thank you, only discovered the word yester from another user :)
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nowhere near as much fun as it used to be, the fun seems to have been sucked out of the place in recent months which is a big shame. It was great on here this time last year, was always a good laugh. Several of the good and fun posters rarely post these days and it's become pretty boring because of that.

As for fair... sometimes yes, other times no.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

So many fun memories, naughty users that got banned or just left and stories of trolls and doxying, I feel left out! :-D

Every newbie is a potential PBU, IMO. Also, I don't do cliques, nor do I post as part of a popularity contest. You have been warned.

And if I start a thread, consider it an honour.

Call me wikipedia man if you wish and don't criticize my musical tastes if you know what is good for you.
    You'll get used to my warped style of humour after a while.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gutted not to get more than 50 posts on my new soap threads :blush:

Remember, its quality not quantity that counts..... Sure any idiot can start a thread on halal or religion and get 100 replies... but the smart poster will focus on quality instead of those easy, boring topics
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    housegirl wrote: »
    your young get out get a life dear most young I know would never hang around www, my sons are in their 30s and would never post an www they have a life,

:confused: Plenty of us posters here under 30 and have a perfectly good life, thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WoodenCat wrote: »
    I love it here.

You would, as you don't read threads most of the time. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    Remember, its quality not quantity that counts..... Sure any idiot can start a thread on halal or religion and get 100 replies... but the smart poster will focus on quality instead of those easy, boring topics

I'll remember that, thanks dude :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    housegirl wrote: »
    Yes best place on www your young get out get a life dear most young I know would never hang around www, my sons are in their 30s and would never post an www they have a life,

And take English lessons.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fun? yes, at times. Fair? sometimes, yes. If you didn't think it was at all fun or fair, surely you'd stop posting here, thus wouldn't see the thread and wouldn't reply? lol maybe im being a bit pendatic though...who knows. I know some people complain about people being confrontational here but others say its not too bad here compared to some more 'feral' forums that exist elsewhere.
  • Options
    Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    Avidian wrote: »

It landed him in hot water, IIRC :blush: