• Options
    benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    marke09 wrote: »
    From the early sche3dules for W/c June 19

Full week of Emmerdale (6 episodes)
    Full week of EastEnders (4 episodes)
    Only 2 episodes of Coronation Street - Friday at 7.30 and 8.30pm

Hi, marke09 for some reason I can't access my digiguide, are the Emmerdale episodes on the usual days and are there any episodes on Sunday 19 June? Thanks :)
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben96 wrote: »
    Hi, marke09 for some reason I can't access my digiguide, are the Emmerdale episodes on the usual days and are there any episodes on Sunday 19 June? Thanks :)

There a lot of blanks at the moment for ITV on Sunday 19

As for emmerdale two episodes on Monday and Wednesday start at 6.45pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There a lot of blanks at the moment for ITV on Sunday 19

As for emmerdale two episodes on Monday and Wednesday start at 6.45pm

Thank you :) I think ITV will put an hour long corrie on the Sunday (19th) as seen as there are only two episodes so far.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why cant they give the production teams a breather?

Is it vital the soaps are still transmitted during this period?

A few months down the line, you'll see a post saying how crap Soap X has got.

A short transmission / production break may have solved the problem.

Doctors had the right idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update - No EastEnders on Monday 20 June which is odd as BBC doesnt have any footie that night
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Update - No EastEnders on Monday 20 June which is odd as BBC doesnt have any footie that night

What's on instead? Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's on instead? Thanks.

A repeat of DIY SOS - but England and Wales are playing their final group games at 8pm that night so thats why it may be dropped
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A repeat of DIY SOS - but England and Wales are playing their final group games at 8pm that night so thats why it may be dropped

That is why. Makes no sense to put EE on against 15m+ watching England as EE would be annihilated.
  • Options
    Corrie_Fan2Corrie_Fan2 Posts: 1,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    That is why. Makes no sense to put EE on against 15m+ watching England as EE would be annihilated.

They could have found something a bit better than DIY SOS though? A classic episode of EE or a documentary?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really think the soaps should all go off air until after the Olympics, or cut down to two or three a week for the period. Trying to cram them in around summer sport is madness and annoying for fans. The other option would be go out in their normal slots on Watch and ITV2 giving that everybody has them now?
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deleted.....
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Week : Sunday 12 June - Friday 17 June

Lots of changes this week. This will be attached to the original post so that it's easy access.

Sunday 12 June

7:00pm ED
    7:30pm CS

Monday 13 June

7:00pm ED
    7:30pm & 8:30pm CS
    NO EE

Tuesday 14 June
    7:00pm EE (30 Minutes)
    8:00pm CS (1 Hour)
    NO ED

Wednesday 15 June
    No Soaps

Thursday 16 June
    7:30pm EE
    NO ED

Friday 17 June
    7:00pm ED (30 Minutes)
    8:00pm EE
    NO CS

The Sunday Corrie is also an hour. 6 episodes in 3 days. :eek:
  • Options
    Stewart_Osborn1Stewart_Osborn1 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    As much as I love the soaps I agree they should go on a break while all this sport is on! It's very confusing as to what is on when think I will set them all to record as of next week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But after the Euros ITV have no sport to disrupt the schedules while BBC have Wimbledon and the Olympics to come
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But after the Euros ITV have no sport to disrupt the schedules while BBC have Wimbledon and the Olympics to come

Didn't Corrie and Emmerdale suffer pretty significant losses at both the 2012 and 2008 olympics?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree about it being confusing, I expect the ratings for the hour long Tuesday Corrie to be lower as people will forget that it's on, and also this Sunday's Emmerdale I think will rate quite low too as Emmerdale hardly ever have Sunday eps whereas Corrie have them now and again.
    marke09, sorry to be a nuisance but have the schedules been confirmed for the week commencing Sunday 19 June? :D Thanks :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As much as I love the soaps I agree they should go on a break while all this sport is on! It's very confusing as to what is on when think I will set them all to record as of next week

But If they went off air completely, what would they put on on days where there is no sport in the soap slot? :confused:
  • Options
    Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For Week 18th June to 24th June)

SUN:
    7pm Emmerdale
    7:30 Coronation Street (1 hour)

MON:
    6:45 Emmerdale
    No Corrie

TUES:
    7pm Emmerdale

WED:
    6:45pm Emmerdale
    No Corrie

THURS:
    7pm & 8pm Emmerdale
    9pm Coronation Street (1 hour)

FRI:
    7pm Emmerdale
    7:30 & 8:30 Coronation Street

For EastEnders, Holby City and Casualty fans, I don't know the airtimes for that week yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EastEnders no episode Monday 20th as usual then

Holby City - Thursday 23 June 8pm

Casualty - Sunday June 26 Time to be confirmed 1 000 episode

Week after it will get messy with schedule A and B depending on which channel shows what
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EastEnders no episode Monday 20th as usual then

Holby City - Thursday 23 June 8pm

Casualty - Sunday June 26 Time to be confirmed 1 000 episode

Week after it will get messy with schedule A and B depending on which channel shows what

It's messy already! I think the ITV scheduling isn't very good, why the 6 episodes of Corrie crammed into three days, but just half of the usual Emmerdale episodes? I know that they will all be made up eventually but I don't think the one hour Corrie on Tuesday was necessary after the 1 hour Sunday and two episodes on Monday, talk about overkill!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's messy already! I think the ITV scheduling isn't very good, why the 6 episodes of Corrie crammed into three days, but just half of the usual Emmerdale episodes? I know that they will all be made up eventually but I don't think the one hour Corrie on Tuesday was necessary after the 1 hour Sunday and two episodes on Monday, talk about overkill!

Emmerdale is the second class citizen of itv :(
  • Options
    Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about the Casualty times? I know it airs this Saturday night as usual, (plus it doesn't have a fixed slot), but are there any Sunday episodes.
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    IMO, most if not all if the English soaps are dry at the moment; therefore changes to the soap schedule including less episodes would be welcomed by me this summer