If I'm a witness in court, do I have to go if I don't want to?

13»

Comments

• neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part of the job is gathering evidence from witnesses, and an increasing number have your attitude.

Such people should not complain about lack of success in getting convictions if they are not prepared to do their bit.

Well said, I agree 100%.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    Phone the police even off your mobile and you are logged. I reported a street fight, and went home. Within minutes my ex directory land line rang...it was the Police asking for me to give a statement which I did.

If you don't allow your number to go though then it won't. I think it does for 999 calls, but not if you ring the police station directly. I could also use my other mobile phone which is a PAYG phone and is not registered.
    Noise you can't just walk on by in life and leave people, a phone call is often not enough.

why not? other people do, I tend to find people in this world, certainly in this country not giving a crap about anyone, so why can't I?
    So what happens if you had an accident and all the witlessness looked away? You'd be happy with that? No, in reality and if your honest you would be mighty miffed. The Police are under resourced and stretched, they do a blooming good job in this age of apathy / compensation / lets take the pee.

If someone had a accident that is a different thing. I got very little time for the police, i would not trust them as far as i could throw one to be honest
    In my case several times in Military hearings, in civvy street two RTA's and Coroners court hearings (never defending my own actions I add) plus jury service.

Fair enough, as I said I never been in court and not planning to, i got no reason to. i don't trust the justice system in this country or any country for that matter, which is why I would not go on Jury service, apart from the fact I don't think it is my job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part of the job is gathering evidence from witnesses, and an increasing number have your attitude.

So is that not telling you something?
    Such people should not complain about lack of success in getting convictions if they are not prepared to do their bit.

even if they catch the person and there are witnesses the justice system here is naff, you can murder someone and yet still live.

No wonder crime is going up, there is no deterrent .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    So is that not telling you something?

even if they catch the person and there are witnesses the justice system here is naff, you can murder someone and yet still live.

No wonder crime is going up, there is no deterrent .

Noise, you are burying yourself yet again. In another thread you said you would never be an organ donor, never be a blood donor, would never do jury service, never give a witness statement/appear in court, never do this that and whatever to contribute to the society that surrounds you. You hate Talktalk and BT with a vengeance, hate Google and other stuff which is verging on clinical paranoia and yet you advocate the death penalty. Mate you have major issues with life and I strongly advise you to go and talk to someone who can help you and not "my mates" who frankly I think you invent in the vague hope it will justify your latest rant (which run every few minutes, are you using a mobile phone for net access?)

I'm off from here to get some sunshine in Portugal Sunday, don't know if I'll bother coming back here.

Bye.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough, as I said I never been in court and not planning to, i got no reason to. i don't trust the justice system in this country or any country for that matter, which is why I would not go on Jury service, apart from the fact I don't think it is my job.
    If you're asked to do jury service just tell them you don't believe in it. ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    Noise, you are burying yourself yet again.

i don't think i am
    In another thread you said you would never be an organ donor, never be a blood donor, would never do jury service, never give a witness statement/appear in court, never do this that and whatever to contribute to the society that surrounds you

Contribute to society, what is the point? it never gets you anywhere.

That is up to me is it not?
    You hate Talktalk and BT with a vengeance, hate Google and other stuff which is verging on clinical paranoia

i am not paranoid, just prefer to keep as much as my life away from other people as i can.

If google or any other advertising company want to make money out of me then they should pay me

Talk Talk I hate with a vengeance, I don't hate Bt the same way, but I think they are a lousy company
    and yet you advocate the death penalty.

What is wrong with that? You kill someone, then you die, simple as that. We are far too soft in this country.
    Mate you have major issues with life and I strongly advise you to go and talk to someone who can help you

I don't need help,
    and not "my mates" who frankly I think you invent in the vague hope it will justify your latest rant (which run every few minutes,

Oh yeah, you are correct they don't exist, I made them all up just for you. :rolleyes:

Going over to see one of my imaginary mates later on, got some work to do in the studio on a video, but he is not real. tomorrow i am going over to another ones place to have sunday dinner with her, but it will be all in my imagination

are you using a mobile phone for net access?)

Not normally,
    I'm off from here to get some sunshine in Portugal Sunday, don't know if I'll bother coming back here.

Bye.

Ah ha, my job is done
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeaCosy wrote: »
    If you're asked to do jury service just tell them you don't believe in it. ;):D

A few years back someone at my last place of work said he could get out of Jury service as he is a Jehovah witness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't think i am

Contribute to society, what is the point? it never gets you anywhere.

That is up to me is it not?

i am not paranoid, just prefer to keep as much as my life away from other people as i can.

If google or any other advertising company want to make money out of me then they should pay me

Talk Talk I hate with a vengeance, I don't hate Bt the same way, but I think they are a lousy company

What is wrong with that? You kill someone, then you die, simple as that. We are far too soft in this country.

I don't need help,

Oh yeah, you are correct they don't exist, I made them all up just for you. :rolleyes:

Going over to see one of my imaginary mates later on, got some work to do in the studio on a video, but he is not real. tomorrow i am going over to another ones place to have sunday dinner with her, but it will be all in my imagination

Not normally,

Ah ha, my job is done[/QUOTE]

Not yet its not. So the death penalty is OK then? under what circumstances ?