Options

Suggesting children may shoplift in a shop is now RACIST, apple-rently.

Comments

• Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Don't give Her Maj ideas, she'll be down to the local skateboard shop checking out the best ones for her dogs :D It'll be mayhem in the palace corridors this Xmas :D

but think of their little furry faces as they unwrap them :kitty:
  • Options
    simysimy Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blueblade gearing up for one of his month long arguments, little does he realise the true nature of his opponent. This could be a defining moment in the history of DS.
  • Options
    spaccanautspaccanaut Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Same here. Groups of teenagers who used distraction tactics to steal. Nothing whatsoever to do with colour.

Some people see race in everything.
  • Options
    JDFJDF Posts: 4,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaccanaut wrote: »

Sad but ture.
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you are suggesting I went to Eton instead then? ;-)

Well your OP is a mess!
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever I've had to deal with shoplifters they've always been white and British....
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Whenever I've had to deal with shoplifters they've always been white and British....

Hardly surprising as we are about 85% of the population.:)
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Same here. Groups of teenagers who used distraction tactics to steal. Nothing whatsoever to do with colour.

Absolutely. There is the possibility that is what the boys thought, but it doesn't make it true, and it more than likely isn't.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Based on your posting history alone, you're certainly one of those people.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Then they should post a 'nobody under the age of 16' sign (or 18) clearly. That's set the cat amongst the pigeons when mummy and daddy can't take little master and miss in whilst they buy their over-priced Apple products :p
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Considering the high proportion of threads that you post which concern non-white people, I'd say you definitely do!
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw someone get caught trying to shoplift in an Apple Store recently. They were white and not wearing school uniform. I mean. one of the arguments for school uniforms is that the students will be easier to identify and that should make them less likely to misbehave (and more likely to get caught).

Just like when staff wear Apple Store uniforms.
  • Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sport1 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a race card. Also, sometimes minorities are victims of racism and they raise concerns. Why shouldn't they?

A lot of the time they raise it where it doesn't exist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    It doesn't just happen to black kids.

I remember being about 9 or 10, I was in a shop with my birthday money and my Mum was waiting outside for me, I was looking at the toys trying to decide what to buy when the old bint behind the counter barked "Oi, I can see you there, so I'll know if you pinch anything"

I was quite sensitive at that age, so I left the shop and started to cry :confused: I was a weird kid.

Also when I was a bit older (maybe 14), me and my Sister tried to go into a shop and was told at the door that we would have to wait outside until the teenagers that were already inside the shop had left as they had a "2 at a time policy" in case we tried to shoplift.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hardly surprising as we are about 85% of the population.:)

I was about to say the same thing :D
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the sadder aspect of today's world is multitude of 'isms' which are generally self defined and used, as and when required.

Just look elsewhere on this forum for a few self proclaimed experts arguing the toss (at great length) over whether an armed piece of low life with a hefty criminal record should be beatified after biting off more than he could chew with 'The Feds'.

I wish common sense would make a national re-appearance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    darkisland wrote: »
    One of the sadder aspect of today's world is multitude of 'isms' which are generally self defined and used, as and when required.

Just look elsewhere on this forum for a few self proclaimed experts arguing the toss (at great length) over whether an armed piece of low life with a hefty criminal record should be beatified after biting off more than he could chew with 'The Feds'.

I wish common sense would make a national re-appearance.

Identity politics, get used to 'em :(
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sport1 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a race card. Also, sometimes minorities are victims of racism and they raise concerns. Why shouldn't they?

Anyone can be a victim of racism. Not just minorities.
  • Options
    Sport1Sport1 Posts: 8,819
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »

Again, no-one has suggested otherwise.
  • Options
    spaccanautspaccanaut Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Considering the high proportion of threads that you post which concern non-white people, I'd say you definitely do!

Huh? There is noi evidence for this. :confused:
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member

Don't know about a lot... but there seems to be "a lot" more emphasis on denying racism ever occurs to minorities, as if that would somehow legitimise it if the threshold of recognised racism was raised or even removed entirely... there is even a phrase handy to signpost this phenomenon so it can be highlighted and observed...it's called "the race card".
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »

Who has argued against that? The answer is: nobody.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does racism exist, then?
  • Options
    MinaHMinaH Posts: 3,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people claim that "races" don't exist. So one could play the "race doesn't exist card" - although that movement hasn't really been taken up by the media or society.