Downton Abbey Series Four Thread.

Comments

• LadyOfShalottLadyOfShalott Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert or trailer I saw was for the first three series, run backwards! They're running the first three series again, starting later this month, I believe.

On ITV3, yes.
  • TellyGrannyTellyGranny Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Ahhh that would explain it! Thought it would be a bit too soon yet. Thanks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Following up on what is source and what is unsourced Zap2it, see link:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/08/downton-abbey-season-4-anna-and-bates-have-a-period-of-happiness-says-star-joanna-froggatt.html

Jo is talking about Anna and Bates in S4. I suspect most what she has said is accurate but of course one must always allow for editing.

Without rehashing all that has been said previously on spoilers or not, at the end of the day surely all of this should just be a bit of fun, relaxation away from whatever your day is like and looking forward to S4.

If there's a name and it's on the record, believe it. I simply find it ludicrous to agonise over tabloid makebelieve which doesn't even get the names right.

I wasn't sure about posting again on this thread because of previous postings. I've posted a lot of info over the years but I'm not sure I'll bother any more. I'm about to have the broadcast date of ep1 confirmed (tomorrow) but I don't think it's worth sharing as things stand.
  • ZipgoesamillionZipgoesamillion Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An interview with Lady Mary (Michelle Dockery) during her present visit to LA with TVline.
    http://tvline.com/2013/08/06/michelle-dockery-dan-stevens-leaving-downton-abbey-death/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there's a name and it's on the record, believe it. I simply find it ludicrous to agonise over tabloid makebelieve which doesn't even get the names right.

I wasn't sure about posting again on this thread because of previous postings. I've posted a lot of info over the years but I'm not sure I'll bother any more. I'm about to have the broadcast date of ep1 confirmed (tomorrow) but I don't think it's worth sharing as things stand.

Everyone's entitled to believe what they want to and from whom. It doesn't personally bother me. I just rather people could be happy to agree or disagree and not go down the route of some other boards where differences of opinion turn nasty. At the end of the day it's a drama on TV.
  • ScoutletScoutlet Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not spin. It's sorting the wheat from the chaff... Is that so hard???

Honestly, I am not trying to argue. I am just trying to get as much information as possible, which of course can be difficult with the way the press tends to run with stories.

On the other hand, I don't think the question about whether I would believe Tom was "hit by a meteor" is relevant. Because of course that ridiculous scenario has no basis in anything that can be attributed to an actual source.

What the Express said, on the other hand, is plausible at least in part. It makes sense that the relationship (however far it goes) would be "secret," given that Edna got fired for her flirtation with Tom. But since nothing at Downton stays secret for long, it also makes sense that they would become the "talk of the house" (as in, a source of gossip).

So really, I AM trying to separate the wheat from the chaff. Something that comes directly from the mouth or pen of a credible source can be believed. Some of the things written in the press seem plausible and even likely, while others seem dubious or dismissible. I am perfectly capable of seeing that.

Like she said, it is meant to be fun. We know they won't give a lot of things away, because they never do. But we can still speculate about what might happen, no? What's the harm?

I actually appreciate your information. The more the better, as far as I'm concerned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    An interview with Lady Mary (Michelle Dockery) during her present visit to LA with TVline.
    http://tvline.com/2013/08/06/michelle-dockery-dan-stevens-leaving-downton-abbey-death/

There is another interview about the upcoming season with a lot more detail!

http://tvline.com/2013/08/06/downton-abbey-series-5-final-season-end-date/
    I think it's interesting that Rose and Anna seem to be developing a relationship, which I guess was kind of set up in the Christmas special. I wonder how Mary will take that haha. But I like that Mary seems to be taking over in helping run the estate. I think that will set up well for character development and giving Mary a great storyline besides who her next love interest is going to be. Also Evelyn Napier is returning!
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, it must be August if Tangled is starting a Downton thread for the new series:):):). Here we are again (waves to Tangled:D).

A couple of things:
    • ITV3 will indeed be showing all 25 episodes ahead of series 4 starting year. It did great business for the channel last year and I expect it will be a huge success again.

• series 4 will probably start on September 22. I say "probably" because nothing is official till it's official. We'll know more in a couple of days.

Hello Ladyofshallott:)
    Couldn't resist because I'm always impatient for Downton to return this time a year.;)
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    Wille_kane wrote: »
    Cole. I see what you mean... Lillian`s st0rry is terrific... last wednesday I got a brand new Renault 4

Pretty impressive considering it's 20 years since the last one rolled off the production line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty impressive considering it's 20 years since the last one rolled off the production line.

What's any of this got to do with Downton Abbey??
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    What's any of this got to do with Downton Abbey??

Buggered if I know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Ladyofshallott:)
    Couldn't resist because I'm always impatient for Downton to return this time a year.;)

Downton returns on September 22 - not long to wait but a little later than widely thought.

An autumn drama trailer is expected Monday August 19 (9pm) with a couple of short clips on Saturday August 24 and a full Downton trailer early in September.

ITV3 begins showing the series from the beginning on Monday August 19.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downton returns on September 22 - not long to wait but a little later than widely thought.

An autumn drama trailer is expected Monday August 19 (9pm) with a couple of short clips on Saturday August 24 and a full Downton trailer early in September.

Thanks can't wait.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member

Hi!

I'm new to DS as a member, but long time lurker :o This thread was always my first port of call after a DA episode, hopefully I can get involved this time.

Thanks for the information, me and my nan are massive fans of Downton since we saw the first trailer for Series 1. I'll let her know about the date for the ITV3 reruns, she's already so excited!
  • Janey_BeeJaney_Bee Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Massive Downton fan over here. So so so so excited for series 4. I know its sad but I can't help wishing the rest of summer away to get to September :P Love this time of year!

Interested to see where they'll take it next but I have faith. My flatmate asked me the other day if I had seen the advert for the upcoming series, is there one being shown already or has she got it wrong? Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

I haven't seen an advert....and I would expect it to be on YouTube or something, which I haven't seen. I hope they start advertising soon!

Re Matt Milne, I've heard a lot of people say about it being 'his last day' on set, but maybe that just means last day, this series? They must all be wrapping up pretty soon, as the Christmas special is being filmed. Although if Alfred leaves, my guess is he moves on to become a chef somewhere. That seemed the general way things were going to go for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's good news. As you say a week later than S2 & 3. Maybe more in line with S1. And a shorter period between ep 8 and the CS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janey_Bee wrote: »
    I haven't seen an advert....and I would expect it to be on YouTube or something, which I haven't seen. I hope they start advertising soon!

Re Matt Milne, I've heard a lot of people say about it being 'his last day' on set, but maybe that just means last day, this series? They must all be wrapping up pretty soon, as the Christmas special is being filmed. Although if Alfred leaves, my guess is he moves on to become a chef somewhere. That seemed the general way things were going to go for him.
    I understand from a tweet by Jon East the director of the CS on 1st August they had 14 days to go. So probably sometime next week.
  • scarlet8715scarlet8715 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all, thought I would join in as I too am a huge fan of the show! Edith is my favourite character so I am looking forward to seeing what she does next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, thought I would join in as I too am a huge fan of the show! Edith is my favourite character so I am looking forward to seeing what she does next.

You will enjoy series 4, i think!;)
    mel2k10 wrote: »
    Thanks for the information, me and my nan are massive fans of Downton since we saw the first trailer for Series 1. I'll let her know about the date for the ITV3 reruns, she's already so excited!

it's in the Heartbeat slot on ITV3 - 5.55pm to 7pm though it starts early when it's an extended episode, including ep 1.
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Edith doesn't die in the series. Let's be honest it's a possibility, they killed off Sybil :(
  • scarlet8715scarlet8715 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Edith doesn't die in the series. Let's be honest it's a possibility, they killed off Sybil :(

Perish the thought! :(

I'm sure she won't if LadyofShalott is to be believed and I'm sure she is :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a link to a 5 minute video interview Michelle did yesterday in LA with accesshollywood:
    http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/michelle-dockery:-whats-happening-in-downton-abbey-season-4/2589973668001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by maddiesdoor View Post

I hope Edith doesn't die in the series. Let's be honest it's a possibility, they killed off Sybil

Perish the thought! :(

I'm sure she won't if LadyofShalott is to be believed and I'm sure she is :D

JF has commented on a number of occasions there will be no deaths in S4 otherwise it will turn into Midsummer Murders, LOL.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to hand it to Downton - there's a story everywhere. Check out today's Standard -

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/rock-royalty-in-downton-pink-floyd-stars-children-join-cast-as-extras-in-new-series-8749302.html

Even the extras are celebrities - what a hoot!
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by maddiesdoor View Post

I hope Edith doesn't die in the series. Let's be honest it's a possibility, they killed off Sybil

JF has commented on a number of occasions there will be no deaths in S4 otherwise it will turn into Midsummer Murders, LOL.

They said there will be no more deaths in Series 4