Options

Sharon is going to want to adopt Denise's baby now

ZarlaZarla Posts: 5,610
Forum Member
She's always wanted a second child and when she finds out Denise plans to get Phil's baby son adopted, she'll tell Phil and they'll be up at the hospital trying to stop the adoption.

Comments

• Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zarla wrote: »
    She's always wanted a second child.

Has she?
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Has she?

Half the episode on Tuesday was Sharon talking about how much she had always wanted another baby.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Run Denise, get as far as you can before those two sad excuses for parents can get their hands on the poor kid. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    Half the episode on Tuesday was Sharon talking about how much she had always wanted another baby.

Half the episode on Tuesday is Sharon "always having wanted a second child" and not suddenly developing broodiness because the plot calls for it at all. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sharon is just like everyone else on the Square - obsessed with their kids and happy to add one more to the equation.
  • Options
    Peg ODwyerPeg ODwyer Posts: 43,110
    Forum Member
    No, Sharon does not want anything ( baby or otherwise).interfering with the manicure routine, Who wants to change a nppy of they can be off getting their nail or hair done. Sharon knows Phil would have her doing all the baby duty while he does nothing.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil will want custody of the child. Sharon won't as it will remind her she can't have anymore children and Phil had it off with her friend.

This is a great excuse to get rid of Denise. She could decide she wants the baby and does a runner to stop Phil getting his Mitchell hands on it.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Phil will want custody of the child. Sharon won't as it will remind her she can't have anymore children and Phil had it off with her friend.

This is a great excuse to get rid of Denise. She could decide she wants the baby and does a runner to stop Phil getting his Mitchell hands on it.

Some friend Sharon is, making catty comments at the baby shower.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they try to play the friends angle I'll be annoyed. Denise and Sharon are nothing more than neighbours with some mutual friends.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Some friend Sharon is, making catty comments at the baby shower.

To be fair Denise is a total bitch. She's always making catty comments about people. Nice to see her get a taste of her own medicine for a change.
    If they try to play the friends angle I'll be annoyed. Denise and Sharon are nothing more than neighbours with some mutual friends.

True but this is EastEnders. Mick and Jack are best friends despite only sharing about 2 scenes together before Jack asked Mick to be his best man:rolleyes:
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Indeed, in fact I remember a scene not long after Kathy returned when she openly expressed dislike for Sharon (and Linda) for being too catty
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To be fair Denise is a total bitch. She's always making catty comments about people. Nice to see her get a taste of her own medicine for a change.

True but this is EastEnders. Mick and Jack are best friends despite only sharing about 2 scenes together before Jack asked Mick to be his best man:rolleyes:

True, and on Soc`s EE they are all much closer friends than they`ve ever been before. The 'girls' boozy night out is now a grim bi monthly event involving all the ladies on the Square. Unlikely combos like Vincent and Mick go jogging together.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is definitely Going to happen.
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this will make for an interesting storyline. I think the real surmise of the plot will be is it better to be raised by your blood family despite their failings. Sharon is adopted so will have some strong views also Denise, Phil and Sharon's friends will all have differing opinions on whether the baby should be adopted by Phil or not.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this will make for an interesting storyline. I think the real surmise of the plot will be is it better to be raised by your blood family despite their failings. Sharon is adopted so will have some strong views also Denise, Phil and Sharon's friends will all have differing opinions on whether the baby should be adopted by Phil or not.

But Sharon's father was Gavin. :D Being adopted by Den and Angie was far better, so she'd be being rather hypocritical, no?
  • Options
    mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,769
    Forum Member
    Denise is vile. I'm sick of her 'pity me' attitude.

But yes, I think it could be on the cards Zaria.
  • Options
    diamonddogsdiamonddogs Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get sick of people saying that the baby's life will be ruined, a terrible fate etc etc to be adopted, like it's a fate worse than death. This is a slap in the face to anyone who was adopted, or have adopted (a) child(ren).

Also, a child can't just be adopted by anyone (are you listening, Jack Branning?) - there are people out there who've been waiting years to adopt, who've had every health and lifestyle check known to man, who'd make better parents that an alky in poor health with a police record as long as your arm, and spoilt little princess who doesn't like to be upstaged by anyone, child or adult and thinks she can have whatever she wants just by quivering her lips.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon has problems with the child she has another child is not gonna solve anything.

I don't think she was catty in yesterday episode?!
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon barely interacts with the son she already has.

'Denny' was a sop to the Shannis fans when they killed Dennis off and a pretty implausible one at that after Sharon had long been established as unable to have children.

Sharon in the 90s never wanted a kid. She turned down the chance with Grant several times, partly cos she knew he was a psycho but also because the Vic was her real baby. She wasn't maternal.

But if they had to give her a kid then she should've come back with Grant's in 2001 rather than the story she'd aborted Grant's baby and been left unable to have kids. People have been calling for a Sharon/Mitchell baby. That was the perfect opportunity.

I'd sooner have seen her with Grant's kid than Phil's. Even though originally he was her saviour Phil has ended up treating her worse than Grant ever did this time around and the thought of her ending up with his kid is a depressing one. Every time Sharon ages a year I breathe a slight sight of relief it's another step closer to it being a physical impossibility... I mean the infertility established in 2001 should be enough but it wasn't once before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zarla wrote: »
    True, and on Soc`s EE they are all much closer friends than they`ve ever been before. The 'girls' boozy night out is now a grim bi monthly event involving all the ladies on the Square. Unlikely combos like Vincent and Mick go jogging together.

I don't think Kathy's had a single scene since SOC took over without a glass of bubbly in her hand. :eek: I actually thought they were going to have her become dependant whilst Phil's health deteriorated.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I think that if there's a risk that the Mitchells will try to take the baby that Denise will relent and let Kim and Vincent bring him up. They are the better option in every way.
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    But Sharon's father was Gavin. :D Being adopted by Den and Angie was far better, so she'd be being rather hypocritical, no?

I agree with you but we don't actually know what Sharon will think, it will be interesting to hear her point of view.
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally. She's always making snide, unfunny digs at people.
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon can't even look after Denny let alone another child