Eastenders 31/12/2010 - Goodbye 2010... Episode Discussion

Comments

• Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    masterquan wrote: »
    True. If it happened to kat, tanya etc, I'd feel sometHing. But i'm just rolling my eyes with ronnie. She doesn't even look like a mother. Her whole pregnancy was cold and nonchalant

They didn't show much of Ronnie happy in her pregnancy for people to really feel her joy.

It was a bad build up that only started once Stacey left.
  • JJAMUFCJJAMUFC Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emzi-bob wrote: »
    No Auld Lang Syne?!

Upsetting but not quite as disturbing as I was expecting. A good thing?

That comes tomorrow :)

What people are forgetting is that tomorrow's episode continues from where tonight's one ended so that is where the harrowing scenes come in.
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    Kat gave birth in the pub though

ah i missed that episode.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    upsykimsy wrote: »
    I was... albeit in a bit of pain... Giiving birth doesn't turn you into an invalid for six weeks... Honest!

You have babies these days and your out the next day lol.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    True. If it happened to kat, tanya etc, I'd feel sometHing. But i'm just rolling my eyes with ronnie. She doesn't even look like a mother. Her whole pregnancy was cold and nonchalant

I think some people are like that because the scriptwriters are constantly giving misery to Ronnie. There are always tragic characters in soaps, but this is just going too far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    upsykimsy wrote: »
    I was... albeit in a bit of pain... Giiving birth doesn't turn you into an invalid for six weeks... Honest!

haha - I feel like a wimp so! I could barely walk from the hospital to the car 2 days later!
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    The story was done with better acting and quite tearjerking in 1985 tonights episode smelt heavily of just wanting to shock viewers.
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like that scenes were cut. The least they could have done was show the uncut version later on BBC3.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot all about it, will watch at ten
  • upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    Not as 'awful' as people were making out IMO. Brilliant acting from Samantha Womack as always. I thought the scene of Ronnie banging on Glenda's door shouting for mummy was sad. :(

That was where I really started crying... It just kind of showed her regressing, IMO... Both times she's needed her "Mummy", she hasn't been there... :( Poor Ronnie
  • mouthalmightymouthalmighty Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a soap, guys!

No! Really? Why didn't anybody tell me? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    So you can justify swapping children?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I agree it wasn't moving at all.
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    maybe baby rocky or tom is ronnies and kats is baby james, after all kat has the promblem

Started on the cans already I see ;)
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    dr-rsk wrote: »
    So you can justify swapping children?

Nope and they are going to have a hard job in doing that if Sam Womack is staying.
  • upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miloilo wrote: »
    haha - I feel like a wimp so! I could barely walk from the hospital to the car 2 days later!

Lol. I had no choice, really... I had to go get more nappies... Guess which genius left them in her mother in law's car...
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,573
    Forum Member
    there was nothing horrorific about the episode and I'm not bothered about the cot death

I'm just bored of yet another Ronnie misery storyline, as that's what this will ultimately end up as
  • sammie1millionsammie1million Posts: 9,970
    Forum Member
    Super Frog wrote: »
    I don't like that scenes were cut. The least they could have done was show the uncut version later on BBC3.

I agree. the bed scene didn'y really effect me. If there was actually a shot of how blood soaked the sheets were:eek: I would have got chills
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    A great end to 2010.

A brilliant episode tonight and i expect Tommorows (8:30pm) ep to be emotional and very dramatic

No doubt the usual sados will be complaining how depressing it was and i expect the BBC and Ofcom to have a lot of calls tonight.

Nice to see EastEnders adding in a lighter moment with Kim and Jane/Tanya

Im so looking forward to tommorows episode

8/10 tonight the acting and writing was brilliant

EastEnders is getting a good reponse in Twitter and Facebook right now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the most moving bits will be tomorrow - probably when Ronnie tells baby Tommy he has to go back only to realise it's too late, or when Kat and Alfie find (what they think is) baby Tommy dead. This was only setting that up. Ronnie still choked me a bit when she found him dead though and the realisation slowly dawned on her.
    Forum Member
    I luved Jane and Tanya together again :D please show more of them two drunk :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. the bed scene didn'y really effect me. If there was actually a shot of how blood soaked the sheets were:eek: I would have got chills

ditto

i wanted to see this scene and still do, just maybe not when eating pizza

agree bout showing an uncut version later tho, that i'd defo watch
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    knowing eastenders there will be some sort of Christmas 2011 reveal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    I luved Jane and Tanya together again :D please show more of them two drunk :D

me too, see sooo long ago since we had scenes like this, more please:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    dr-rsk wrote: »
    knowing eastenders there will be some sort of Christmas 2011 reveal

Feb I have heard it comes out.