Options

HUKD banned me

2»

Comments

• Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Having had a wee look at your site, its quite punchy and straight to the point, something you would fail to see on the price comparison websites (Like HDUK or Uswitch).

The only thing I would suggest if you have the skill is to offer direct comparisons, you get that done you are on to a winner. If like me you would struggle with that, then I am sure other forum members can help create it for you.

Either way a lot of effort looks to have gone in to it and its easy to read, nice one.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Seems Mobot don't like negative comments about plagiarism remove them too :)
  • Options
    Mr_DBMr_DB Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I know you say that you haven't the time or the effort to chase them up, but just send them an invoice for using your copyrighted work. If they don't pay it, send them a cease and desist letter... If nothing else it'll take you all of 20 minutes to do both, and scare them a bit into potential legal action (you can choose whether to follow that through or not).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    After just a short time reading through HUKD postings and MOD attitudes, you quickly realise that a shocking number of posters and mods are few pennies short
    I'm not sure where law comes into the picture with public forum posts, but mobot should have the decency to add your name to the post as a 'special thanks' for your hard work.

What is the name of your website? I recently purchased a new mob and went looking on HUKD for your post (that's how I found you on here - I only signed up to offer you my support)

Along with reminding me of your website, perhaps you could give a link to your avatar (or a customer message, similar to the 'deeky for VIP') that current members can change their profile to as a sign of awareness and support?

All the best
  • Options
    johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What is the name of your website? t

It was in post #26

http://www.hotsimonlydeals.com/
  • Options
    Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HUKD are untouchable when it comes to UK laws as they are registered in some Caribbean Island. They are "UK" in name only. Run by a bunch of charlatans.
  • Options
    ZebbZebb Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    www.hotsimonlydeals.com

I'm not creative with names haha.

Who is Simon?
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Zebb wrote: »
    Who is Simon?

I dunno. All I know is I got to do everything he says!
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Yeah and looks like he's got some simonly deals!!

I found it the other day when you mentioned it before. In case i didn't say so at the time..

Great site. I see it used the "KISS" system to good effect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Mods are virtually non existence on Hotukd.
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know about the OPs thread and the one before it which he based it on. Both went the hottest ever and proved to be invaluable over the years for me in finding good sim only deals.

Unfortunately HUKD has become a bit of a joke over the past couple of years. When it first started out it was the defacto Web site I always went to to find deals. As the site got bigger it attracted spammer from within companies and ebay sellers posting their own deals in order to drive up sales. Now it's got a bit too big and silly posting rules I don't use it as my daily go to site any more. I'd say as much as I dislike the man, Martin Lewis's mse is a better source of info for deals and saving money, although it can be over convoluted at times.
    Also the deals that get hot on HUKD seem to be very random. Someone posts a 'joke' thread about a deal on a Bentley or a Porsche and it quickly becomes the hottest of the month! I've not posted any deal on there since a few years ago I posted an autobiography book deal of someone for 99p and it quickly got cold because people didn't like the person it was about lol.

Since then my attitude has been why should I help the site make money when there's so many ungrateful idiots using it.

The OPs experience is nothing new I'm afraid but it is shocking they have the nerve to steal his work and claim it as their own. If I was him I'd definitely spend a few mins writing to Google about a take down notice. If anything it will make the site realise that people have noticed what they're doing.

Good luck OP
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and I think the same company owns Quidco and HUKD which probably explains why they're happy for you to mention Quidco without getting banned.

Is it true about the company being based in the Caribbean? I thought it was a small company started out and based in Sheffield somewhere lol
  • Options
    corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have 3 got rid of their 600 mins unlimited data sim only for £20 - I cant find it on their website?
  • Options
    binarybinary Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    corf wrote: »
    Have 3 got rid of their 600 mins unlimited data sim only for £20 - I cant find it on their website?

It appears to have disappeared...
    www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones
  • Options
    lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    corf wrote: »

What browser are you using? For me it pops up when using Opera, but not when using Chrome - or IE. It's still coming up as a response in the '7 questions' sim plan selector though, in Chrome at least.

In fact, having just had a hop about for this, at time of posting, when selecting 'Contract length - All'; Opera shows 14 sim plans, Chrome shows 6, and IE shows 4 :confused: Hmm, maybe it's just me.
  • Options
    sweetstylesweetstyle Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Hot Sim only Deals doesn't seem to scroll very well on a tablet...