Options

Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway - starts Sat 21/2/2015 on ITV

Comments

• Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm still in the right thread... Was a bit disappointed in NPH tonight, he was very wooden and was just reading verbatim from the script with very little enthusiasm. I don't know too much about him, but ever since coming across this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=danBaPWT09A (which must be the most amazing opening ever to an awards show) I've thought of him as a great talent. But he didn't even get involved in the end-of-the-show-show, which he would have been well able to join in with.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Wrong thread I think

Oops :D
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're due a Simon Cowell appearance too. He usually shows up at least once a series.

Along with Michael Buble
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    The best show yet tonight. My only issue was that Little A&D got more live airtime than usual and they got a bit over-excited but it was quite funny.

The way Stephen Mulhern dealt with everything so professionally demonstrated exactly why I love live theatre. Anything could happen, it usually does, and you have to think on your feet. Fair play to him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Tonight's show was hilarious. Always funny when things happen unscripted, like Little Dec saying Dec likes to play with Ant's sausage :D.

It was "Big" Dec said that. Little slip of the tongue.
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    It was "Big" Dec said that. Little slip of the tongue.

It wasn't, it was Little Dec-twice! Watch it again.
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did also like how Dec always giggled whenever Stephen called him Big Dec! 😜
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the behind the scenes footage of the undercover prank with Stephen. Very funny! And Stephen took it very well. You can tell they're great friends!! 😊
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm still in the right thread... Was a bit disappointed in NPH tonight, he was very wooden and was just reading verbatim from the script with very little enthusiasm. I don't know too much about him, but ever since coming across this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=danBaPWT09A (which must be the most amazing opening ever to an awards show) I've thought of him as a great talent. But he didn't even get involved in the end-of-the-show-show, which he would have been well able to join in with.

That Tony Awards opener was fantastic. It must have taken weeks if not months of rehearsal to do that. And the fact the song was so wordy as well and some parts of it were like a tongue twister it was an astonishing performance from NPH.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't, it was Little Dec-twice! Watch it again.

Here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxpcd2uaaHA

:D
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor Little Dec - tried to rescue the situation but ended up digging a deeper hole for himself. :D

I thought that was another extremely enjoyable show with the only thing bugging me being Dec saying 'classic Rinder' during the opening game. Otherwise a great way to pass a Saturday evening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »

Ah, I see. However earlier (Big) Dec says "It's one of two, it's either playing with my sausage or my phone....sausage DOG!" Something like that.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Ah, I see. However earlier (Big) Dec says "It's one of two, it's either playing with my sausage or my phone....sausage DOG!" Something like that.

Yes he did. :D

I think the biggest issue was Little Dec yelling out "I meant Ant's sausage!" while pointing at his groin. :D
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If i went to a live recording of Ant and Decs Saturday night takeaway and the blue rinse brigade started to clap along at everything i'd say "OI! Blue rinse brigade NO! people want to hear what's going on not listen to you clapping along, if you want to clap along to something go to the beach and join a seal club!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I really loved last night's episode, I think that woman at the beginning was awful! Stealing from her own child.
  • Options
    MrTheDMrTheD Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I am gutted that there is only 1 left in this series, Saturday Night Takeaway is everything Saturday Night TV should be, it's like a Greatest Hits medley of Saturday Night TV from bygone days - a bit of quiz, a bit of Beadles About, a sprinkle of House Party, etc ,etc.

And it is tipped over the edge by the natural likeability and charisma of the hosts who remain the best, by a comfortable margin, at what they do. You can tell how much they put into the show and how rightly proud of it they are.

In a house with 2 kids where it is impossible to get the whole family sat together without distractions of toys, laptops, DS's and tablets, this remains the only programme that we all religiously sit together from start to finish and laugh at and enjoy as a family. In other words - It is EXACTLY what this kind of show should be.

Really hope it returns again next year for another run.
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrTheD wrote: »
    I am gutted that there is only 1 left in this series.

There are two more shows in this series.
  • Options
    MrTheDMrTheD Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    There are two more shows in this series.

Really? Thats good news then! I'm sure last week they said there was only one to go, but am happy to be wrong.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seen a clip of cheryl's get out of my ear cant wait
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump for tonight :)
  • Options
    DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Cheryl Cole, Claire Balding and Professor Green are some of the guests tonight. Only on Saturday Night Takeaway would those three appear on the same show at the same time. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prof Green standing next to A & D :D:D
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol the height difference.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155