JADE Goody’s estate is facing bankruptcy...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Why do celebrities think they don't have to pay tax? (dead or alive)

They all seem to live in such a bubble, I think they feel tax is something us mere plebs do
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sad that trusts are left and then they are not invested.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sure.

But would you have had a better argument than 'Shilpa Poppadom?'

Jade had no tangible argument to hate on her other than her and her absurd mother referring to 'the injun'.

Jade had nothing to slag her off for other than her race. It was pitiful.

What is offensive about a poppadom? I like them.

What is more offensive than being called 'Phillip the Greek' as the Duke of Edinburgh often is...?

or do you have be from abroad with different coloured skin to qualify as being racially vilifed?
    Strange how Jade was so racist and yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sure.

But would you have had a better argument than 'Shilpa Poppadom?'

Jade had no tangible argument to hate on her other than her and her absurd mother referring to 'the injun'.

Jade had nothing to slag her off for other than her race. It was pitiful.

What is more offensive than being called 'Phillip the Greek' as the Duke of Edinburgh often is...?

or do you have be from abroad with different coloured skin to qualify as being racially vilifed?
    Strange how Jade was so racist and yet her closest friend at the end was a black man....or does that not count?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How the heck do you delete a double post on this site?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
    Forum Member

Strange how Jade was so racist and yet

What she said was said with anger and hatred....here's the full sentence, with expelitives deleted.
    "Shilpa F--kawallah, Shilpa Durupa. Shilpa Poppadom"

All race/ethnic based and then there was the limmerick.

What was actually said and done is not how Endemol the makers of the programme would like you to remember it.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't racist, she wasn't a bully, she was holed up in a house with a young foreign woman who would have annoyed the heck out of me if I'd been in there...I think she spent most of her savings after she was railroaded on CBB, became untouchable and went though the bulk of she had earned in just living expenses. She had to give a good chunk of money to some obscure Indian charity that jumped on the 'offended' bandwagon and stuck their hand out for some cash. The money she made from her wedding, TV series etc in the run up to her death was supposed to see her children into adulthood but I think after she went and paid up her children's private school fees to educate them until they turn 18 there would not have been much left.
    The treatment of Jade by the media and the sanctimonious public will always remind me of how a manipulative television program can influence gullible people to all but destroy a human being. The vilification of Jade was far far worse and much uglier than anything that careful and discriminatory editing tried to show she did. If almost an entire nation against one young woman is not bullying itself, as demonstrated here, then I'd like to know what is.
    Rant over.

Sorry but you are wrong.

I watched Jade on both the series of Big Brother that she was the classic schoolyard bully. Singling out a victim and then launching a whispering campaign against them. She'd pick on every little thing that the said and did, picking on their appearance, laughing and sniggering at them and making sure that they heard her doing it, she'd try and turn the others against them and did her damn hardest to isolate them. She did it to Sophie on BB3 who's only crime was being prettier than Jade (not hard) and quiet. She attempted to do it to Kate Lawler as well put she but her in her place.

If you really think her behaviour towards Shilpa was not bullying then I'd love to know what you think is? It's debatable that it was racist. I'd say more ignorance due to Jade being as thick as dog poop, although I still don't know how someone who was born and bread in central London which is a melting pot of races and colours can be so damn ignorant about things like that? But that's another story.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    What she said was said with anger and hatred....here's the full sentence, with expelitives deleted.

All ethnic based and then there was limmerick.

What was actually said and done is not how Endemol the makers of the programme would like you to remember it.

Yep, it's very boring to talk about poppadom all the time, when she was sniggering at limericks involving the p*** word.

In that convo they mentioned they'd said it before too. It was racism, pure and simple.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade Goody was a talentless ignoramus, who while it was tragic she died when she was 28, had absolutely no talent and even more sickening was when her partner tried to cash in on her death. A better example of a young woman is someone like Emile Sande, who became famous around the same age as Jade Goody and is a talented singer.
    Let us hope this vacuous reality show culture is put to rest as people like JG, Jedward, Kerry Katona and the cast of Geordie Shore have absolutely no talent, appear in rubbish television shows to keep their careers alive and will probably be completely forgotten in 10 years time.
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but you are wrong.

I watched Jade on both the series of Big Brother that she was the classic schoolyard bully. Singling out a victim and then launching a whispering campaign against them. She'd pick on every little thing that the said and did, picking on their appearance, laughing and sniggering at them and making sure that they heard her doing it, she'd try and turn the others against them and did her damn hardest to isolate them. She did it to Sophie on BB3 who's only crime was being prettier than Jade (not hard) and quiet. She attempted to do it to Kate Lawler as well put she but her in her place.

Jade did the same thing when in the C5 series Back To Reality to Rick Waller. It's a pattern of behavior that she displayed in all three series she appeared in.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farscape wrote: »
    Jade did the same thing when in the C5 series Back To Reality to Rick Waller. It's a pattern of behavior that she displayed in all three series she appeared in.

Yes, sorry I'd totally forgotten about that. She was a bully, end of. I can't believe some people try and dispute it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farscape wrote: »

She did it to Sophie in BB3 too, one thing that can be said for her, was she was consistent. Ken Russell said a lot of her nastiness to him wasn't shown either.
    Forum Member
    Back in Feb 2010 Russell Myers of The People wrote...
    .....accountants discovered a gaping hole in her £4million bequest.

The source added: "There's still a lot to be sorted out and the family are reliant on the Inland Revenue being sympathetic so the whole lot isn't swallowed up."

From the large sums reported was tax, VAT or National Insurance ever paid, are the general public struggling pay bills supposed to be sympathetic?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back in Feb 2010 Russell Myers of The People wrote...

From the large sums reported was tax, VAT or National Insurance ever paid, are the general public struggling pay bills supposed to be sympathetic?

I dunno, her wealth was always a bit odd, I think It's like Kerry Katona, she made tons but spent more. Jeff Brazier was saying this when he was in The Farm.

If she hadn't made all the money from her cancer, I think she'd have left a lot of debt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If money was tight, Jeff always has the option of doing a one-off interview with current photos of the boys.

I doubt he would ever need to as he obviously has his own money.

I'm surprised the three houses haven't been sold already
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her death, while obviously a tragic event, was made into an exercise in trash mag crassness. The Daily Star had a black edged front page FFS as if the Queen had died.
    All Jade Goody will be remembered for is appearing in two rubbish television programmes and I bet in 10 years time it will be Jade who? I haven't really heard anyone mention her for about 3 years.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A newspaper that made money exploiting Jade Goody reports..

How can HMRC be 'grabbing' her fortune? Surely they recovering the money she owes in taxes, and if it's £1m then thats a lot of unpaid tax over the years?

As for her sons being left with nothing, are The Sun suggesting their father does not care and provide for them from his earnings as a well paid TV presenter?

I see no problem with HMRC going after anyone deceased or alive who does not pay their dues, I like many others have no choice to pay tax as its deducted at source, so my heart bleeds for those that are facing hardship becacause HMRC has finally grown a pair and started going after tax cheats be it dead or alive.

And I have no time for racists, dead or alive.

I believe everyone's tax receipts should be accessible and in the public domain.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    Benefits scroungerJackiey Budden alledgedly wades in....
    Her mum Jackiey Budden, 55, said: “Why are they bringing this now four years after her death?

“It was her dying wish that the two boys had the life she never had."

The life she never had ? Did Budden not read yesterday's paper ?

The same paper reported she was spending £150,000 a year on personal living costs alone and that doesn't include mortgages or car payments.

Or maybe Jackiey has forgotten the £1m she herself blew with her daughter...
    ....the first day we got the money, nutty mummy, we just jumped on a plane and went to Nigeria for a year and then we went to Egypt and then we just never came back. We went everywhere.

What next Jackiey, bleating on the This Morning sofa?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Strange how Jade was so racist and yet her closest friend at the end was a black man....or does that not count?

Oh that classic old chestnut - 'she was friends with a black man'.

She was an ignorant racist bully.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benefits scroungerJackiey Budden alledgedly wades in....

The life she never had ? Did Budden not read yesterday's paper ?

The same paper reported she was spending £150,000 a year on personal living costs alone and that doesn't include mortgages or car payments.

Or maybe Jackiey has forgotten the £1m she herself blew with her daughter...

What next Jackiey, bleating on the This Morning sofa?

Not her, I thought we had seen and heard the last of this loud mouthed woman.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, if there's no money left in the Estate the Revenue are not likely to get anything anyway. Once they bankrupt the Estate they can only take what's there and I doubt it will cover the tax bill. Sounds like the Estate has been mis-managed.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    A big mouthed racist chav

Never deserved a fortune anyway. The fact that she had one is a damning sign of our society and culture.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is, the money was never jades in the first place. It was our money, that she neglected to give to us.

They should charge interest on it and sell the assets of the estate to get every penny back of OUR money.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Sorry but you are wrong.

If you really think her behaviour towards Shilpa was not bullying then I'd love to know what you think is? It's debatable that it was racist. I'd say more ignorance due to Jade being as thick as dog poop, although I still don't know how someone who was born and bread in central London which is a melting pot of races and colours can be so damn ignorant about things like that? But that's another story.

Strong agree with you.