The 100 - E4 - UK Pace - NO SPOILERS (Merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant wait for this looks pretty good. Took me ages to work out that its Janae from Neighbours
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant wait for this looks pretty good. Took me ages to work out that its Janae from Neighbours

Isn't there another from neighbours in it? Think he played aiden the nurse.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to say i loved Janae in Neighbours, although i haven't watched it for a very long time now.

Isn't Calvin Valentine from Hollyoaks also in this?

I'm definetely going to give this a watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Have to say i loved Janae in Neighbours, although i haven't watched it for a very long time now.

Yea he is in it for a few EP's. Its been commissioned for a second series so must be quite good.
  • Tool2004Tool2004 Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if this will be shown a few days later on C4 HD?
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member

I just looked and yes, both of them are in it. The adverts look great. Has it gotten good ratings and reviews in the US does anybody know?
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^good enough to warrant a 2nd season :) so they must be doing something right
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just looked and yes, both of them are in it. The adverts look great. Has it gotten good ratings and reviews in the US does anybody know?

the show's ratings haven't been great but it was renewed another season because CW had cr*ppier shows to axe first

its 18-49 demo ratings started out at 0.9 but was down to 0.5 by the ep 13 finale - this is actually the same rate of decline as The Tomorrow People's ratings (which fell further thereafter because it had a 22 ep season)

so if the ratings don't pick up in s2 that may well be its last season
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It only has 13 episodes in its first season?
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It only has 13 episodes in its first season?

yup

so bit of a cheat really that it got renewed based on a much shorter season than TTP
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks good but I might just wait and see if it's renewed after season 2, if it does, I'll catch up. Getting a bit fed up getting into a new show only for it to go and get cancelled leaving me disappointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    yup

so bit of a cheat really that it got renewed based on a much shorter season than TTP

That's even better, so at least it won't be one of those long and drawn out seasons with tons of filler episodes. 13 suits me just fine.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Henry Ian Cusick aka Desmond Hume from Lost is in it as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rodrick out of Diary of Wimpy Kid film series is in it. He was quite comical in those even though they were kids films.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hadn't quite decided if I was going to watch this - another series to take on but if its only 13 episodes I think I'll give it a go. I read somewhere that its a slow starter but really takes off after a couple of episodes.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm in two minds about this myself. I'm not really a fan of the post-apocalyptic genre as I tend to find it too depressing. I did like Defiance, though, so I'll give this a go.
  • chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    "High school drama that wants to be a sci-fi show" says one of the reviews. Doesn't sound promising, but I'll give it a go. If it can't sustain the interest of its target audience (viz. my teenage son), I'll know it's in trouble (like Marvel AOS and The Tomorrow People).
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    "High school drama that wants to be a sci-fi show" says one of the reviews. Doesn't sound promising, but I'll give it a go. If it can't sustain the interest of its target audience (viz. my teenage son), I'll know it's in trouble (like Marvel AOS and The Tomorrow People).

AOS isn't in trouble, is it? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    AOS isn't in trouble, is it? :confused:

Viewing figures plummeting from 12.12m to end at 5.45m, just above the season's low? Being labelled "Fall's Biggest Disappointment" by US critics?

I read that its ratings were too low relative to its production costs and that it needed to be downsized if renewed. That's why I think they've rewritten the story to allow the (cheaper) rebuilding of Shield.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

AOS improved massively in the latter half; it engaged me and my oldest (12y) in a big way. It'll be a shame if it gets cancelled part way through the next season.

No spoilers for The 100 here, but having just watched the first episode my only complaint is Henry Ian Cusicks accent. Enjoyable.
    Forum Member
    clonmult wrote: »
    AOS improved massively in the latter half; it engaged me and my oldest (12y) in a big way. It'll be a shame if it gets cancelled part way through the next season.

No spoilers for The 100 here, but having just watched the first episode my only complaint is Henry Ian Cusicks accent. Enjoyable.

I thought AOS turned around post-CA2, but its ratings still continued to slide. It shows that you've got to hold on to the younger viewers. Once you lose them, it's hard to get them back as they have so many other things to watch online.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the first episode, dumber than a box of rocks.
  • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first three episodes not great but after that it improves a lot. A decent sized cast meant that a lot of different plots developed during the series and that really worked well. Recommended.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this an ultra cheap version of The 4400?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got this on series link but I've also got the option of the whole of Season 1 on Netflix Canada as well. I might watch the 1st episode later on to give it a go. The premise sounds interesting, but if it's essentially a "teen" show then I might not take to it. At least it's only 13 episodes though.