Options

EE to 'axe' Orange Wednesdays from 2015.

iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The offer will be replaced with a new entertainment deal, although the details of this are yet to be announced.

No doubt this new deal will be nowhere near as attractive.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Three could take over the promotion and win a few new customers.. Three Thursdays?
  • Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not used it for a long time now myself but there must be plenty of customers out there who still do.

Would be good to see it picked up by one of the other networks.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Seeing O2 have started to offer more via O2 Priority i doubt overall it will be a worse offer.
  • Options
    OrangyOrangy Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet there's a tie in with some online content and EETV.
    Wonder if there will be a return to the free weekly film rental.
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    That's my contract ended with EE next year when it runs its course then. I have been a loyal customer for 10 years. I am not happy. I think it is a really stupid move when they are already struggling. Cinemas will be quieter on Wednesdays now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    That's my contract ended with EE next year when it runs its course then. I have been a loyal customer for 10 years. I am not happy. I think it is a really stupid move when they are already struggling. Cinemas will be quieter on Wednesdays now!

Isn't that a bit of an overreaction?
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just a bit! I don't think EE are struggling and I'm sure they'll offer some other new stuff to replace it, from time to time offers change, customers can choose to change whenever they want too, there's not really any reward for loyalty, in fact in most industries there's a penalty as new customers get the best offers and shopping around pays.
  • Options
    wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I avoided Wednesdays, it was rammed full of chavs, would rather pay and go another day
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    Just a bit! I don't think EE are struggling and I'm sure they'll offer some other new stuff to replace it, from time to time offers change, customers can choose to change whenever they want too, there's not really any reward for loyalty, in fact in most industries there's a penalty as new customers get the best offers and shopping around pays.

I think he was possibly on about struggling cinemas. I'd hardly say the cinemas are struggling, especially when you look at the prices they charge for a ticket! I made the mistake of going to the cinema on a Wednesday once. NEVER AGAIN, people were queueing around the block to get in.
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think they over reacted no. If someone has only stayed with ee because they offered the 2 for 1 ( I have a couple of friends who have) then they will go elsewhere when their contracts end.

Pretty obvious that people will leave ee now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bio Max wrote: »
    I don't think they over reacted no. If someone has only stayed with ee because they offered the 2 for 1 ( I have a couple of friends who have) then they will go elsewhere when their contracts end.

Pretty obvious that people will leave ee now.

Call me old fashioned, but I go with the mobile phone provider that I feel gives me the best coverage for my mobile phone, not a free ticket to a film that will be infested by chavs.

Ho hum...
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Call me old fashioned, but I go with the mobile phone provider that I feel gives me the best coverage for my mobile phone, not a free ticket to a film that will be infested by chavs.

Ho hum...

Maybe he's a chav?

You ever think of that?
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was in last Wednesday and there were 10 people at my screening, not exactly bothering the box office isn't it?

Granted it will be a miss, as I am off work most Wednesday's it is a good saving for us.
    I avoided Wednesdays, it was rammed full of chavs, would rather pay and go another day
    What a ridiculous comment.
  • Options
    wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    I was in last Wednesday and there were 10 people at my screening, not exactly bothering the box office isn't it?

Granted it will be a miss, as I am off work most Wednesday's it is a good saving for us.

What a ridiculous comment.

Why? Wrexham odeon is, can't even watch the film because of the talking and playing with their phones!
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? Wrexham odeon is, can't even watch the film because of the talking and playing with their phones!

Maybe true for Wrexham, we are a bit more civilised here. :D

I'd guess these people will be behaving like that whether they are getting in for free or paying top dollar for entry though.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I've always found the Odeon full of idiots in general. Strangely I'd have thought Cineworld being cheaper (unlimited card) but no. It could be due to the two Odeons I used to visit were not in the best of areas. I'm not really going to miss this deal and I'm pretty sure the cinemas won't either.

I doubt EE will lose many punters over this, but they just were not getting customers because of it. O2 Priority is the better retainer & draw... Looks like they have noticed.
  • Options
    srw985srw985 Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Are you really suggesting Wrexham is not rammed full of chavs any other day of the week ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if EE will re-open "the pirate bay" as their inclusive entertainment package.

That's sure to get a lot of customers.

But seriously, pretty obvious EE are going to do some sort of movie streaming/downloading service in the future with rewards and crap.
  • Options
    dabotsonlinedabotsonline Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    In the extremely unlikely event that EE offer unlimited 4K streams at 50Mbit H.265 with 12-bit colour depth then I'll be happy. Otherwise, I will regard this withdrawal as an extremely boneheaded decision. Wednesday 25th February is the magic date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In the extremely unlikely event that EE offer unlimited 4K streams at 50Mbit H.265 with 12-bit colour depth then I'll be happy. Otherwise, I will regard this withdrawal as an extremely boneheaded decision. Wednesday 25th February is the magic date.

2031 called, they want their 4k video back!
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member

Ho hum...
    I dont travel that much, but the places i do use my phone all have good coverage in the networks i have used, i dont even use my phone that much, a few phone calls and a bit of internet, but i do like the cinema, and orange Wednesdays is a great deal, and that swung it for me, my partner and i went to see interstellar for £15 for both in IMAX, that would have been £30 normally, and we got a free pizza afterwards.

Really, three offer a better deal for the money i spend every month, but EE have the benefit of the cinema thing, with that removed, my choice is clear.

I will wait for the official announcement with the "new offers", if it aint good, i will go with three.............Ho hum.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "Mirror" is blaming netflix, but you cant see new releases on that, can you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    I dont travel that much, but the places i do use my phone all have good coverage in the networks i have used, i dont even use my phone that much, a few phone calls and a bit of internet, but i do like the cinema, and orange Wednesdays is a great deal, and that swung it for me, my partner and i went to see interstellar for £15 for both in IMAX, that would have been £30 normally, and we got a free pizza afterwards.

Really, three offer a better deal for the money i spend every month, but EE have the benefit of the cinema thing, with that removed, my choice is clear.

I will wait for the official announcement with the "new offers", if it aint good, i will go with three.............Ho hum.

Im not a fan of the cinema to be honest, too many idiots wanting to spoilt he experience.

I do find it interesting that you say the offer saved you £15, but did you also spend £15 that you wouldn't have, had it not been for the offer?
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Im not a fan of the cinema to be honest, too many idiots wanting to spoilt he experience.

I do find it interesting that you say the offer saved you £15, but did you also spend £15 that you wouldn't have, had it not been for the offer?
    No, because me and my girlfriend were going to see this and wanted imax that would have cost us £30 so we went on a wed and used the offer, it saved us £15 in one month alone over the course of the last year it must have saved us £100, I pay a little more for ee than 3 for example but not £100 per year more so this will cost me if we use the cinema just as often but I will claw I bit of that back by moving networks