Gareth Gates

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Well shes an even bigger eejit for doing it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well shes an even bigger eejit for doing it!

My sentiments exactly.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely wrote: »
    Wow, what a crime, how dare he not spell potato right.

Don't you remember how Dan Quayle was derided because he put an "e" on the word potato? Gareth is supposed to have A-levels so he should know.
  • Charisma2Charisma2 Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Don't you remember how Dan Quayle was derided because he put an "e" on the word potato? Gareth is supposed to have A-levels so he should know.

Don't worry about it Gill, its the way most people talk on Twitter :cool:
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is clearly an attempt to bait fans, but I really couldn't care if anyone is daft enough to find offence in something that most people presume to be a tongue in cheek comment, except for those who are looking for something to get judgemental about. However, I would suggest you are more careful when quoting fans to take the mickey out of. Of all the many comments made by fans and to Gareth, you picked one by a fan who I believe has Aspergers. This has been discussed on Gareth's forum, which the OP has been a regular visitor to for years.

Well Dan Quayle was an important political figure visiting schools to discuss education. Gareth is a singer who was tweeting in the early hours after a long day's work and probably a couple of drinks, via a mobile phone. It's a common spelling mistake that as you have reminded us, has been made by people in very senior positions. Anyway, Gareth doesn't have A-levels, as he was still at school when he was on Pop Idol with your favourite, Will. I'm surprised you feel the need to labour Gareth's apparent stupidity, not once, but twice. Will failing his A-levels first time around has never stood in the way of your appreciation of him. What do you think he'd think of you still trying to score cheap points about someone he says he admires?
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    CHEE KY wrote: »
    Gareth is a lovely guy and very gay friendly, he'll go into the Vauxhall Griffin pub and play snooker with all the gays not knowing they'd like do more than knock his balls into a pocket.

Great lad, don't knock him too much. ;)
    You really think he doesn't know?
  • lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG he wanted a butty he should be hung,god a lot worse things going on in the world.i like gareth.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Yukkk Mashed potato on a sandwich :eek:

And why is Will gettin brought up in a Gareth Thread :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andyzbabe wrote: »
    Yukkk Mashed potato on a sandwich :eek:

And why is Will gettin brought up in a Gareth Thread :confused:
    Maybe cos any will thread gareth gets bashed in them.
    Forum Member
    lady*tara wrote: »
    Maybe cos any will thread gareth gets bashed in them.

I see...I`m kinda new on here so didn`t realise ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andyzbabe wrote: »
    I see...I`m kinda new on here so didn`t realise ;)
    Lol you will get used to it hi.:)
    Forum Member
    lady*tara wrote: »
    Lol you will get used to it hi.:)

lol...Thank You and Hi Back :)
  • CHEE KYCHEE KY Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    You really think he doesn't know?

I know he doesn't know. There is only so many times you can pot the black.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the "Gareth/Will bashing" is now water under the bridge. I don't know why Will was brought into the conversation. I certainly didn't do it! Being tired is no excuse for not spelling a simple word like potato correctly! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair he probably wanted that sandwich at some reasonable time in the late afternoon and it just took him until three in the morning to get the request out of his mouth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was always curious as to what happened to Gareth's sister. When he first appeared on TV he was singing with her.
  • AstonvilsAstonvils Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I think that the "Gareth/Will bashing" is now water under the bridge.

Is it?

Hi Andyzbabe.
    Just give the sandwich a try. You may like it.

Many a restaurant have added 'bubble & squeak' to it's menu. :) Will potato mash sandwich follow?:)
  • Charisma2Charisma2 Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why Will was brought into the conversation. I certainly didn't do it! Being tired is no excuse for not spelling a simple word like potato correctly! :D

No, you didn't Gill, but you couldn't resist the little snipe at Gareth could you. Have you ever looked on Twitter. Its not a place where you write a piece with perfect Grammar. Its more somewhere where people type like they do on their Phone.

Gareth is also acting the big brother to his young sister on there too
    @CharlotteGates Oi... Tiger Tiger where?! Get home safe kid! Love u x
    :D
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought he was gay.

When he first started off I didn't know if it was a stammer he had or a gagging reflex. :p

Courtesy of Frankie Boyle. :D
  • Gold SequinsGold Sequins Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Whoever would have believed that a sandwich would stir up such emotion on a messageboard.:eek:
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no bigger turn off than a man who appears to still need his arse wiped by his mum.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Mash potato, nice and fluffy, made with butter and milk and lightly fried on one side, served in warm crusty granary bread. Seriously, I'm with Gareth on this one:D

That I can agree with but at that time of night my hubby would get Smash with a bit of spit in it on thin white 3 day old bread!
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being tired is no excuse for not spelling a simple word like potato correctly! :D

Sorry Gill, but I think it's bad manners to point out other people's spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes. Peolpe don't post on forums to have others ridicule them for their errors and that includes Gareth on his twitter account too.

I feel as strongly about that as you obviously do about the correct use of the English language and spelling ability. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    maybe she got up and made them because she was tired of waiting for 15 minutes for him to say

m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m mashed potato!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    That I can agree with but at that time of night my hubby would get Smash with a bit of spit in it on thin white 3 day old bread!
    Mine too.:D Actually no, he wouldn't, he wouldn't get a sodding sandwich made by me, he'd make his own or go hungry.