Options

Can’t Pay? We’ll Take It Away! Channel 5

Comments

• Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    As I said earlier..... the kids should be in care.

If the parents aren't abusive towards the kids there's no need for them to be in care. Being removed from their crappy parents, and probably separated from their siblings would be much worse for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    If the parents aren't abusive towards the kids there's no need for them to be in care. Being removed from their crappy parents, and probably separated from their siblings would be much worse for them.

I am not so sure. Living in a sh**hole like that is hardly a good way to live. The woman will hang on to them for benefits.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    I am not so sure. Living in a sh**hole like that is hardly a good way to live. The woman will hang on to them for benefits.

Lots of people grow up in dirty, scummy homes, with horrible parents. Local authority care is probably much more difficult to survive.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Lots of people grow up in dirty, scummy homes, with horrible parents. Local authority care is probably much more difficult to survive.:(

If we could only stop these morons having kids in the first place. >:(
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too right.
  • Options
    GPWGPW Posts: 3,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they get rid of the woman with the annoying voice.
  • Options
    skiprunnerskiprunner Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    Terrible that, poor woman :(

How is she a 'poor woman'?

She's not paid her rent, has multiple tv' sand games consoles...a trampoline and a swimming pool
    Can't be bothered to go and sort it out...she's scum and is expecting everyone else to sort out her problems

I feel sorry for her poor kids
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    If she gets housing benefit why isn't the rent paid straight to the landlord ?

These people lack any sort of moral compass and will gladly buy another HD TV or X Box and f***k paying the rent.

the government in its infinte wisdom changed the system a few years ago so that it went to the tennant rather than the landlord, it's cases like this that highlight the problem with this system, it needs to be changed sooner rather than later
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skiprunner wrote: »
    How is she a 'poor woman'?

She's not paid her rent, has multiple tv' sand games consoles...a trampoline and a swimming pool
    Can't be bothered to go and sort it out...she's scum and is expecting everyone else to sort out her problems

I feel sorry for her poor kids

I think the poster's referring to to house owner not the useless bastard that trashed her property. That smelly skank should get jail time for wrecking that woman's property.
  • Options
    skiprunnerskiprunner Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    I think the poster's referring to to house owner not the useless bastard that trashed her property. That smelly skank should get jail time for wrecking that woman's property.

Ahhhh ok...apologies to the poster

I was just fuming watching this and it was a knee jerk reaction
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I felt sorry for the 6 children. Mainly for having such a moronic idiot for a Mother. What a complete waste of space she was. Expecting to go through life living off the backs of others, all the time laughing in their faces.

Absolutely no shame at all. She lived in squalor and filth. Dirty cow. She hadn't paid any rent since last November, and had the damned bare faced cheek to be upset when they (rightly IMO) kicked her out. To leave the house in that trashed state as well. >:(

I felt sorry for the landlady.
  • Options
    ellie1997ellie1997 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GPW wrote: »
    I wish they get rid of the woman with the annoying voice.

I said that last season. The whole fake radio voice irritates the crap out of me >:(
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    So the family effectively stole £10k in housing benefit, AND get rehoused without paying any of it back to the landlord. There's justice for you.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    So the family effectively stole £10k in housing benefit, AND get rehoused without paying any of it back to the landlord. There's justice for you.

That family was utter scum. I'm not keen on landlords but there was no way that woman deserved what happened to her because of that family.

They should not have been rehoused at least not until they paid back all they owed.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The handwringing over evictions of families gets on my nerves. Surely you should be doubly cautious about taking on debt if you've got people to look after. If you're single, you're still a pain in the arse to your creditors but at least it's only you who will have to find a room for the night. Risking the roof over your kids' heads is unforgivably reckless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, that about sums it up. She annoyed me more than most though. Her 'indignation' about being told to get out after having not paid any rent for months really annoyed me. The bailiff was too kind to her - though on reflection he was probably only concerned for her children and not her.
  • Options
    MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Council won't help her, they don't give a **** that shes gona be on the streets with 6 kids :(

Its the oldest trick in the book these people do not want private accommodation they want council as its cheaper and the tenure is more secure, so they try and 'force' an eviction as as soon as they are homeless they believe the council has to rehome them, however if a person makes themselves intentionally homeless the council does not have to rehouse them.

This is seen all the time in fact people who are facing being told that they have to leave due to maybe the landlord wanting to sell up or wanting their property back are told by the council not to leave until evicted as they would make them selves intentionally homeless if they do, only once they are evicted will the council help but that's only when its not the tenant fault that they have to leave, not something that the tenant has done to make themselves homeless like not paying rent.

When the bailiff look amazed that the council wouldn't help I immediately said to my husband they have made themselves intentionally homeless and that proved to be the councils stance, the bailiff should have known that anyway he has done enough evictions, maybe his comments were just for the camera.

Although the council rehoused them we don't know how, it maybe they found them another private let, or maybe they rehoused them in a hard to let area or somewhere they didn't want to move to, not a nice council house with a garden that decent people would give their eye teeth to get

I would suggest the episode should be standard viewing for the bleeding heart brigade who whine about greedy landlords and/or the lack of housing for benefit claimants.
  • Options
    sandstonesandstone Posts: 1,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't the landlords be told by the council when tenants have destroyed previous property's and withhold rent?
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Yep, that about sums it up. She annoyed me more than most though. Her 'indignation' about being told to get out after having not paid any rent for months really annoyed me. The bailiff was too kind to her - though on reflection he was probably only concerned for her children and not her.

She reminded me of a woman the housing association I worked for had to evict a few years ago. She hadn't paid any rent in 9 Months, yet she and her family were outraged that they were being evicted.
    We were hoping to get another family into the property before Christmas but the vandalism to the house was that severe, it took nearly a Month to make the place habitable again.
    I think she ended up in the end getting rehoused by another ha and doing the same again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She reminded me of a woman the housing association I worked for had to evict a few years ago. She hadn't paid any rent in 9 Months, yet she and her family were outraged that they were being evicted.
    We were hoping to get another family into the property before Christmas but the vandalism to the house was that severe, it took nearly a Month to make the place habitable again.
    I think she ended up in the end getting rehoused by another ha and doing the same again.

They sound like they could be related. Both feel the world owes them a living.

I don't normally get angry about anything on this show, but her self absorbed attitude riled me for some reason.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    I don't like that dead eyed prick either. That's twice he's phoned the cops to cover his arse. Big man when he walks in to a situation. but can't back it up. Obnoxious cocksocket.

It nearly back fired on him in Stoke though as the cops never turned up, he won't learn though.

Paul has grown on me he swears a lot lol but i find him ok and he does seem to show sympathy towards some tenants he has to evict too.
    Last show i felt really bad for that landlady those scumbags trashing her house like that.
  • Options
    cotton tailcotton tail Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    Really annoys me seeing tenants behave like that - we rent, we have no other choice as my husband is disabled and I cannot work due to caring for him. However, all the time its 'No DSS/LHA', one could hardly blame them if they think we ll leave our homes in a state like that. (Having said that I dont recall hearing any mention of them being on benefits but you get my drift). We desperately need to move as now my eldest has left we are charged for having an extra room, but nowhere reasonable will allow us, despite having an excellent reference from our current landlords (been with them 18 years). Rant over :)
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she sues them for the damage they did to her house
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Centaurion wrote: »
    It's very confusing if not downright illegal that the enforcement officers' garb is almost identical to a real copper's uniform.

How the hell can it be illegal? It's not illegal to look a bit like a policeman you know.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That last case was shocking, but I cant help wondering why the woman was not suspicious as she had "Parental classes" or whatever before the renting started. Surely she had some inkling of how the **** end Lil behaved, or perhaps shes a very good actor.
This discussion has been closed.