Options

Which UK Female Singer will be the first to tie with Geri Haliwell for most number1s

4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
Forum Member
Currently Geri Haliwell holds the record for most number 1 hits by a UK female in the UK charts with 4 number 1's : 'Mi chico latino', 'Lift me up' , 'Bag it up' and 'It's raining men' more than 10 years ago.... No other female artist has achieved that. a few have gotten close though recentley with Alexandra Burke with Elephant which could of tied as she has three but only got to 3 . Who is most likely to score a number to tie or even break the record out of the current female artist out atm not who you want to get there but who you THINK will get there.

Which UK Female Do You Think Will Score Her 4th Number 1 first? 222 votes

Alexandra Burke (3)
12% 28 votes
Leona Lewis (3)
26% 59 votes
Pixie Lott (3)
9% 20 votes
Jessie J (2)
15% 34 votes
Cheryl Cole (2)
24% 54 votes
Adele (1)
7% 17 votes
Other Please Specify
4% 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Jessie, Alexandra, Leona, or anyone else I s'pose.
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    Jessie, Alexandra, Leona, or anyone else I s'pose.
    poll now up :)
  • Options
    troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its gonna be between Alexandra Pixie Lott and Jessie J
  • Options
    Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona.

The album must be amazing if they keep delaying it to spend more time adding/tweaking more. Her comeback will be brilliant. :D
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be Alexandra. If Elephant which wasn't the best got to #3 with poor radio support then her second single which according to Mr. Popjustice is x3 better has a very strong chance of reaching #1...

I reckon she will do it....it's either going to be her or Jessie J/Pixie Lott...
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the only one deserving is Adele she releases decent material its a travesty pixie and have 1 number 1 let alone 3.
  • Options
    digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I think it will be Alexandra. If Elephant which wasn't the best got to #3 with poor radio support then her second single which according to Mr. Popjustice is x3 better has a very strong chance of reaching #1...

I reckon she will do it....it's either going to be her or Jessie J/Pixie Lott...

You would say that..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking Jessie J currently has the momentum for some more big hits.
    Adele seems the obvious choice but I feel her songs are more growers rather than instant hits. She's far more suited to albums.

However, I like Geri best, so there's no hurry for anyone to try and break her record. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digichant wrote: »

It's my opinion. If you don't like it tough. Besides she's one of the closest to the title anyway so have a seat. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    digichant wrote: »

Because she's closer to it, she has 2 singles coming up this year. Use that noggin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Because she's closer to it, she has 2 singles coming up this year. Use that noggin.

I don't think they have one judging by their comments...:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I don't think they have one judging by their comments...:p

Oui, je sais :D
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Alexandra definitely! :D

Although I think Pixie fares a very good chance, UK Radio love her too much! :o
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Leona.

The album must be amazing if they keep delaying it to spend more time adding/tweaking more. Her comeback will be brilliant. :D

Yes her comeback was certainly outstanding, I love Collide. :)
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alex is the closest and all she needs is a song that connects better with the music buyers. jessie, leona and pixie may catch up at some point.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Leona or Alex or perhaps even Cheryl, her lead singles have always been great but now this time she has spent alot of time recording so she may have another couple of really strong songs up her sleeve.
  • Options
    Whoopie DooWhoopie Doo Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise Geri had that many number 1 singles.

So if you factor in all the Spice Girl number 1 singles as well she will be on 11 number 1s in total but what about Mel C? Spice Girls had two more number 1 singles without Geri but I don't know how many number 1 singles Mel had as a solo artist?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona!!!:D her album is going to be great and I hope for at least 1-2 no.1's from it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I think Leona or Alex or perhaps even Cheryl, her lead singles have always been great but now this time she has spent alot of time recording so she may have another couple of really strong songs up her sleeve.

how could i forget cheryl.:eek: she could be the surprise success, much like geri back in the day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise Geri had that many number 1 singles.

So if you factor in all the Spice Girl number 1 singles as well she will be on 11 number 1s in total but what about Mel C? Spice Girls had two more number 1 singles without Geri but I don't know how many number 1 singles Mel had as a solo artist?

she had 2. `never be the same again` and `i turn to you`.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course I would love it to be Leona, she will always be my no 1, but I also like Alex, so I am not bothered, because I think they will all get there in the end. Probably Alex stands the best chance because she will be releasing before Leona, good luck to them all. When this record is broken it could be broken again by the end of the year, sales are far more important.
    I am happy that Leona has 7 top 5 singles to her name at the moment.
    Adele is brilliant, I love her 21 album, but I really think of her as an album seller rather than a single seller. To me, albums are more important. I only ever buy singles from my 2 favourite artists, but I buy a lot of albums.
  • Options
    dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    I'd say Cheryl
  • Options
    DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele No1. WEIRD POLL !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    I think Jessie J laser light has a very good chance of going number 1, then at the end of year I expect another album by her so i'd be suprised if she doesn't get it. Alexandra could come close,

i'm shocked how little number 1's is the most by a female solo artist.
    In fairness though spice girls got like 8, (I realise this is solo artist) but 12 number 1's in or out a group is still incredible
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meeech wrote: »

i'm shocked how little number 1's is the most by a female solo artist.

I agree! I'm really surprised by that and especially more so that the record is by Geri haha.

It's all down to timing I guess. Jessie J probably but my money is on Cheryl, though it depends when her new single drops.