Options

Weight Loss Thread - 2014 Edition

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    azaleaazalea Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I'm still going currently at 9st 2. I know that's ok for my height 5'6 but I just look at my self and feel I carry a lot of weight around my stomach and top of my legs. At my lowest I have been 8 1/2st albeit I was ill at the time but I really felt I looked better. I'm running somewhere between 10-14 miles per week and doing plenty of walking and some small weights too. For me to go below 9st and shift the belly I'm absolutely starving all the time and have to eat 1000 or less calories a day. I'm not sure if it's worth it tbh. Has anyone any tips on getting rid of the tum?
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HI all, how are we all getting on?

I have met my 5 stone goal for the year and have lost almost 8 stone total. Still quite a bit to go but determined to get there.

I am going to have a good Christmas but not use it as an excuse to eat crap.
  • Options
    LilNikki1987LilNikki1987 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Hi guys ☺hope all are well?

I'm just looking for a bit of advice please if you don't mind?

I'm not wanting to lose weight as I'm only 5ft 1 and currently weight is 8stone 6

I'm wanting to change my eating habits as my diet is pretty crap/too much rubbish etc. I'm wondering which foods would be best for snacking on for energy boost/keeping energy levels up as i want to kick the habit of sweets/fizzy drinks/junk please?

Nikki☺
  • Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry. Can't give much advice on snacking as I'm pretty terrible at it too. Maybe just half the amount of snacks. Half a chocolate bar or a can of coke rather than a bottle.

My weight loss is going well since my last update. I'm down to a 32 inch waist, but I've only lost one more pound since November. I'm pretty bulky now though since changing my workout routine.
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys ☺hope all are well?

I'm just looking for a bit of advice please if you don't mind?

I'm not wanting to lose weight as I'm only 5ft 1 and currently weight is 8stone 6

I'm wanting to change my eating habits as my diet is pretty crap/too much rubbish etc. I'm wondering which foods would be best for snacking on for energy boost/keeping energy levels up as i want to kick the habit of sweets/fizzy drinks/junk please?

Nikki☺

I have a booklet of portion sizes and food options from a dietitian, and some of the suggested snacks that aren't sweets/fizzy drinks/crisps/etc are:

Milk
    A pot of yoghurt
    A pece flapjack
    Muesli bars or Nutrigrain bars etc
    Things like wasabi peas, spice mixes, etc
    A piece of fruit
    2 crackers and e.g. a slice of cheese, 2tsp peanut butter or pesto, 2tbsp huumus, things like that
    A small packet of nuts, or dried fruit, or things like chocolate/yoghurt coated nuts and raisins (around 40g)
    A slice of toast with jam (or something)
    A small scone

I hope some of that helps with some ideas :)
  • Options
    robwillsmithrobwillsmith Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Svetzem wrote: »
    Yes you are. somebody your size needs at least double that amount of calories.

Come back in 6 months to a year and I bet you will be nearer 20 stone as your body does not take kindly to gorge and starve routines.

I'm so glad to report that you were so wrong.
    I have lost 4 1/2 stone (63lbs) last year so stick that up your A*s. lol:)