Subway breakfast £2/2.50 deal- what's 'MEGA' about it?

steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
Forum Member
Extremely important thread this but...

£2gets u the breakfast 6" sub with coffee, 50p extra and this mere megar deal goes MEGA.

Well, I wanted my breakfast and day to be MEGA so opted for the 50p extra, the guy got a footlong out, cut it, and filled a 6" up,

'oh, that's the same as the picture'

So... What does 'the extra 50p get u? Seems like it gets u nothing? Perhaps an extra sausage ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, 6" breakfast subs are just 99p around here :eek:

edit: at least the sausage & cheese / bacon & cheese ones are.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Eh? The normal deal is a 6" and the MEGA deal is also a 6" :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    steveOooo wrote: »
    Extremely important thread this but...

£2gets u the breakfast 6" sub with coffee, 50p extra and this mere megar deal goes MEGA.

Well, I wanted my breakfast and day to be MEGA so opted for the 50p extra, the guy got a footlong out, cut it, and filled a 6" up,

'oh, that's the same as the picture'

So... What does 'the extra 50p get u? Seems like it gets u nothing? Perhaps an extra sausage ?

you'll know better next time...keep your fifty pence in your pocket and they can keep their extra sausage...job's a good 'un
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had a subway in ages. :( There needs to be one at the airport where I work... Sigh. Mind you, I'd be paying airport prices so I'd see your £2.50 and raise you another £2. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there will be some intended benefit/advantage in the "MEGA" deal, even if this guy just forgot to include it.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mega Breakfast Sub has more stuff in than the other breakfast subs, so isn't included in the normal Breakfast deal...

http://www.subway.co.uk/menu/subs/breakfast/default.aspx

518 Calories and 8.6g of sat fats - That'll set you up for the day nicely.
  • sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    make your own with a nice crusty bagete and save about a £.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Subway is nice, but needlessly complicated. The last thing I want to do first thing in the morning is customise a sandwich. What kind of bread? ... I don't know! CHOOSE ONE. What fillings would you like on top of what you already asked for? ... VEGETABLES. Which ones? ARGH. Sometimes choice is irritating.
    Forum Member
    johnny_t wrote: »
    The Mega Breakfast Sub has more stuff in than the other breakfast subs, so isn't included in the normal Breakfast deal...

http://www.subway.co.uk/menu/subs/breakfast/default.aspx

518 Calories and 8.6g of sat fats - That'll set you up for the day nicely.
    It won't though. Eat that many calories in a healthy breakfast of fruit, cereal and yoghurt and you will be stuffed. Eat half a sandwich at Subway and you leave wanting the same again twice more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porridge and grapefruit. The only way to go. Not together though. I don't imagine grapefruit mixed in would taste all that grand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strok wrote: »
    Subway is nice, but needlessly complicated. The last thing I want to do first thing in the morning is customise a sandwich. What kind of bread? ... I don't know! CHOOSE ONE. What fillings would you like on top of what you already asked for? ... VEGETABLES. Which ones? ARGH. Sometimes choice is irritating.

I only ever say 'Italian herbs and cheese' because it's the only bread of theirs I can remember the name for :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next time they ask I should just ask for Hovis. Or mighty white! Do they still make mighty white? I used to love that...
  • Awshum-YawnAwshum-Yawn Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Subway is not good for that kind of stuff; they are all pre-cooked and then microwaved. That's not eating fresh!

I tried their chicken fillet sub and it was horrible. The breadcrumb was soggy and the chicken tasted rank....... oh I feel like puking now.
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turkey and salad sub for me today.

Can shove your Meatball and Steak subs!
  • scorpio manscorpio man Posts: 4,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D***** wrote: »
    Turkey and salad sub for me today.

Can shove your Meatball and Steak subs!
    Shove where ?
    Granted they are the right shape for shoving where the sun don't shine
    :D

I don't rate these rip off Subway's or Mac/D's
    Crusty sausage or bacon and tomato cobs with a dash of brown sauce @ £1.20 each does me fine.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been in a Subway. Wouldn't know what to ask for. Maybe I'll get my daughter to go with me for one then she can advise me.
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who hadn't got a clue what the opening post was all about?

I realise now it's a breakfast at a fast food outlet, but it reads like homoerotic street talk:

mega, 6", the guy got a footlong out, extra sausage, sub (submissive?).
    Forum Member
    ribtickle wrote: »
    Am I the only one who hadn't got a clue what the opening post was all about?

I realise now it's a breakfast at a fast food outlet, but ir reads like homoerotic street talk:

mega, 6", the guy got a footlong out, extra sausage, sub (submissive?).
    You worry me!

:p
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    So the "MEGA" is 4 ingredients (sausage, egg, bacon and cheese) instead of just two.

Can't stand Subway. The smell whenever I walk past one knocks me sick, which is impressive for a sandwich shop! What the hell do they have in there that smells so much?
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    So the "MEGA" is 4 ingredients (sausage, egg, bacon and cheese) instead of just two.

Can't stand Subway. The smell whenever I walk past one knocks me sick, which is impressive for a sandwich shop! What the hell do they have in there that smells so much?
    I think it's the sauces.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I think it's the bread, personally.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talky Tiki wrote: »
    I think it's the bread, personally.

I think that's it. The few times I have been tempted to try Subway the bread has invariably tasted horrible. Not sure what they do to it but it really doesn't appeal to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    subway is far too expensive. sometimes nearly a fiver for a sandwich!!!
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I've just been trying to find out from the interweb. There seems to be be much discussion about the "Subway stink" and there are three theories:

1) The "deli meats" that Subway use come packed in an aspic-jelly preservative that apparently smells quite rank.
    2) The smell is the `speciality' breads prooving. Apparently, the list of ingredients in Subway bread reads more like a chemistry experiment than dough. They used to smell OK until about 2000, when they started introducing these speciality breads (with herbs and cheese and stuff).
    and my favourite:
    3) It is the smell of mediocrity.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Subway= a cocktail of nasty preservatives and chemicals.