The XBOX ONE anticipation thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your excited by the prospect of having the XBOX ONE in your grubby little hands, then this is the thread for you !!

Just for those of you that don't know what it looks like..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pictures+of+XBOX+ONE&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DxqjUb-7KYqw0AWHwIGgAg&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=1600&bih=805

Your thoughts on what we'll see at E3 can be discussed here.

Any thoughts on the tech, Kinect 2, the new controller.

If you have something negative to say then please use one of the many other threads on DS.

This is a happy thread :):):)

I'm sorry but with the 'So, whos buying the XBOX ONE and why?' thread and the PS4 vs X1 poll thread

this thread does not need to exist, the part i have underlined and but in bold, wow just wow

so you want to discuss the X1 but only if people like it, so you can pretend it's all pretty and roses and happy, i'm sorry this a discussion forum, starting a thread that already exists about 10 times and calling it the don't be negative version just shows the problems not only with the X1 but with some of its fans
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but with the 'So, whos buying the XBOX ONE and why?' thread and the PS4 vs X1 poll thread

this thread does not need to exist, the part i have underlined and but in bold, wow just wow

so you want to discuss the X1 but only if people like it, so you can pretend it's all pretty and roses and happy, i'm sorry this a discussion forum, starting a thread that already exists about 10 times and calling it the don't be negative version just shows the problems not only with the X1 but with some of its fans

erm... yes.

Not pretend all is rosy tho.

its the anticipation thread, for those that are anticipating the xone, its a unique thread. But thanks for your input.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    erm... yes.

Not pretend all is rosy tho.

its the anticipation thread, for those that are anticipating the xone, its a unique thread. But thanks for your input.

There is nothing that will be discussed in this thread that hasn't been discussed elsewhere

the other threads are anticipation threads, but they have a better point - counterpoint system where people can say what they like and people will disagree, people will say what they don't like and people will argue against that

Rather ironically the only thing unique to this thread is us discussing whether or not this thread is unique
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing that will be discussed in this thread that hasn't been discussed elsewhere

the other threads are anticipation threads, but they have a better point - counterpoint system where people can say what they like and people will disagree, people will say what they don't like and people will argue against that

Rather ironically the only thing unique to this thread is us discussing whether or not this thread is unique

Sorry you feel that way.
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    No one is underestimating them, I'm just making it clear it works both ways. The big problem with your examples Is they, unlike EA have other bigger revenue sources. These movie companies could of easily gone through with their threats, and still gone on. However EA or any big publishers has not got the option.

Agreed, but they certainly have more options now, especially with iOS/Android/Ouya/Shield.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not the best reason to buy the Xone (tho maybe the only good reason for some :D)

The controller is shaping up to be something quite special

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408733/features/ready-to-rumble-hands-on-with-xbox-ones-impressive-controller/
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    The original intention of this thread is ruined. But no surprise since pretty much every site is overwhelming negative for the Xbox One!
    To tell you the truth: I am been studying that reveal many times now, and the MSFT execs were not exactly the most confident bunch! Not even Phil Spencer for the ‘new ips’. I hope they got it sorted because it’s their turn again on June 10!! Straight away followed by Sony!!
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Chparmar wrote: »
    The original intention of this thread is ruined. But no surprise since pretty much every site is overwhelming negative for the Xbox One!
    To tell you the truth: I am been studying that reveal many times now, and the MSFT execs were not exactly the most confident bunch! Not even Phil Spencer for the ‘new ips’. I hope they got it sorted because it’s their turn again on June 10!! Straight away followed by Sony!!

I wouldn't personally say It's negativity. It's confusion,frustration, and a lack clarity.

If people read the articles Journalist. are happy with many aspects of the X1, the multi tasking, the amount of new IP's, the new controller.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Hey, anyone remember this article? ;) It's a good read I promise you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha. People still think like that ;)
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member

All that was based on the PS3 before Sony basically stripped it down. Something that won't be repeated with the PS4, unless It gets delayed.
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member

What are you trying to say? ;)
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I got as far as "J Allard" and remember what I hated most about the early days of 360. I am so glad that prick has disappeared somewhere.
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member

But that's when Sony showed Pre-rendered footage!

Certainly MSFT showed pre-rendering for the Xbox 1 reveal! ;)
    Forum Member

Excuse me, if people who are looking forward to X1 wish to talk about it without some muppet rattling on about how much better PS4 is and how much of a fail "Xbone" is then why is that a problem for you?

So turning your question around you would rather poeple only discuss the X1 so long as it has a running PS4 discussion in the same thread. It's clear who has ulterior motives and it's not the thread starter.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calling people "muppets" isn't doing you any favours.

But then again, Microsoft fans have been resorting to name calling all across the internet. I find it rather interesting, given how vocal the x box crowd have been over the past 3 years.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    But then again, Microsoft fans have been resorting to name calling all across the internet. I find it rather interesting, given how vocal the x box crowd have been over the past 3 years.

Xbox fanboys have been throwing shit at Sony this whole generation, now that shit is been thrown at them they suddenly have a problem with mud slinging.

Its amusing seeing people so vocal against mandatory installs now defending the practice.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the last 2 comments!

It seems that some people get really passionate defending a piece of plastic, I thought this had all died out years ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me, if people who are looking forward to X1 wish to talk about it without some muppet rattling on about how much better PS4 is and how much of a fail "Xbone" is then why is that a problem for you?

So turning your question around you would rather poeple only discuss the X1 so long as it has a running PS4 discussion in the same thread. It's clear who has ulterior motives and it's not the thread starter.

Whatever point you may of had was nullified when you resorted to name calling
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a shame that Microsoft are getting slagged off for summit that will inevitably happen on the ps4 aswell as the X1. :rolleyes: :(

(Has Sony actually stated their intentions regarding 2nd hand games? or are they just hiding in the shadows keeping their traps shut?) :confused:

(I preordered an X1 yesterday despite me saying I wouldn't lol:p)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Xbox fanboys have been throwing shit at Sony this whole generation, now that shit is been thrown at them they suddenly have a problem with mud slinging.

Its amusing seeing people so vocal against mandatory installs now defending the practice.

I think the problem with PS3 mandatory installs were that they were 'half assed', just game data, the disc had to be spinning to run the game. That was the problem for me, if your going to install on the HDD, then install the whole game and save wear on the optical drive. But the option to install or not to install should be available, even next gen, but that's not going to happen.
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »

Completely different situation and that was an old argument before the XNE update and when PS3 only shipped with 60gb max.. I install all of my games and play everyone of them from HDD on 360. The PS3 done partial mandatory installs because the Blu Ray was too slow and you still can't install a retail game in it's entirely to PS3.

Besides the argument still has relevance even today, if you buy a non-HDD 360 at least you can play all of the games from disk, try buying a 12gb PS3 super slim and see how many games you can actually play. With X1 the machine comes with 500gb of internal storage...is that not enough now? External storage devices are also accepted if not
    Forum Member
    Whatever point you may of had was nullified when you resorted to name calling

Yes of course it was, that wasn't directed at anyone in specific.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    It's just a shame that Microsoft are getting slagged off for summit that will inevitably happen on the ps4 aswell as the X1. :rolleyes: :(

(Has Sony actually stated their intentions regarding 2nd hand games? or are they just hiding in the shadows keeping their traps shut?) :confused:

(I preordered an X1 yesterday despite me saying I wouldn't lol:p)

Jeez you've been one of the most vocal against the x1, there is hope for ms and there new machine!

I might change my mind, might just irritate some on here LOL
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree csi ... Ps3 installs were because of technical issues with the BR drive ... 360 installs were optional ... Which is totally different ... I always install my 360 titles ... So it won't bother me on the x1. :)