How many regenerations has the doctor got left?

2»

Comments

• jpljpl Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    if hurt is a doctor and the metacrisis is a full regen, then smith is the 13th and final incarnation based on established canon.

I think that tees up a pretty nice story for the 50th or they may choose to ignore it. who knows :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Banks246 wrote: »
    As many as they like./QUOTE]

Agreed, the 12 regenerations and that's your lot is like the Cybermen being allergic to gold dogged Doctor Who for years .
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Khof wrote: »
    Why waste the opportunity for a really interesting plot revolving around the Doctor struggling to survive beyond the regeneration limit?

Precisely. Obviously he's not going to stop at 12 regenerations but, not only would it upset fans of continuity if it wasn't mentioned but it would also miss an opportunity to capitalise on the drama of such a situation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    as a few have said, he wil lkeep regeniing till the BBC decides ratings are falling.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    as a few have said, he wil lkeep regeniing till the BBC decides ratings are falling.

Even then I doubt they will kill him off just stop him mid regeneration so they could bring it back a few years later it worked last time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Even then I doubt they will kill him off just stop him mid regeneration so they could bring it back a few years later it worked last time

or noteven regn at all. the end of the TV show showed no Regen, nor did the movie come back end with one.

so more likley to just end mid story....
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    or noteven regn at all. the end of the TV show showed no Regen, nor did the movie come back end with one.

so more likley to just end mid story....

I suppose they could leave it open he gets "killed" tells his current companions he feels different this time and is not sure if he will regenerate so this is goodbye and takes the TARDIS off somewhere.

If it never returns we are to assume he died if it does years later we just have a new Doctor pop out of the TARDIS