Options

Re-regeneration?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
Forum Member
Can time lords only regenerate into a new version of themselves, or can they regenerate into a now older version of a former regeneration?

If so, I'd be interested to see Peter Davison return as the 12th Doctor. I think that would create a very interesting twist on 'time' - making the Doctor into a human palimpsest.

Any views?

Comments

• Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tennant isn't coming back.

(sorry, had to get in there before it got suggested!)
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't that be DEgeneration?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    hmm why do people make so many threads about the same thing, jsut read same theory in a thread about Twins..

Is there some glory in making a new thread.. !!!
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm why do people make so many threads about the same thing, jsut read same theory in a thread about Twins..

Is there some glory in making a new thread.. !!!

Those that have created threads stride the world as if gods, welcomed with open arms by all peoples and all nations. They pay an effective tax rate of -10%, have houses made of solid gold and are masters of karate. Everything they say is recorded by scholars for the benefit of future generations. I heard a rumour that once, one of them was five minutes late for an appointment. The rumour was false.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well now i understand why it is so important to keep making new threads rather than positng in existing ones....
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    No. The word you're looking for is regression.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ungeneration ???
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »

Yes. It would be.

If the pedants pile in: degeneration may merely be 'to decline, as in function'. So we're all degenerating, since ageing fulfils the criteria. Hence any former Doctor returning to the role will have degenerated since they left the Doctor's overall transition since that Doctor left could be described as degeneration. That specific moment would also likely be degeneration in and of itself as all former Doctors are older than the current and none stands out as particularly more healthy than the others.

Also, degeneration sounds good.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    All things are possible, none are denied. Of course, not all things are likely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I didn't think my idea really fitted into other threads. I'm not suggesting who might be the next doctor per se - it was more a re-regeneration question.

Actually, I've hoisted myself with my own petard by using 'human palimpsest' - the Doctor, is of course, an alien.

Anyway - this thread will soon bump down into obscurity ;0)