Cant drink tea all of a sudden

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For the past few months i have gone off drinking tea, never had this problem before, always loved the stuff especially the first one of the day, started off not being able to finish a whole cup cos i just wasn't enjoying it so i just used to make half cups, now i cant even stomach sips, in fact just the thought of drinking tea makes me feel sick, i'm not pregnant or taking any new medication, nothing like that, anybody else experienced this with any foodstuffs?

Comments

• fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a long shot, and probably not related at all, but tea was the first thing that my mum couldn't stomach when her gall bladder started to give her trouble (we found out it was the gall bladder later on) - since having her gall bladder out, she has been fine.
  • gertrude hubblegertrude hubble Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time I went off tea was when I was pregnant. I went off pork for several years after I had food poisoning from it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a long shot, and probably not related at all, but tea was the first thing that my mum couldn't stomach when her gall bladder started to give her trouble (we found out it was the gall bladder later on) - since having her gall bladder out, she has been fine.

You could be right, i cant help thinking there's got to be reason for it, cos it really does make me feel sick when i try and drink it.
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could be right, i cant help thinking there's got to be reason for it, cos it really does make me feel sick when i try and drink it.

Could be a million things really - best bet is to speak to your doctor for reassurance.
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped drinking milk for a couple of week to see if my eczema improved. It didn't but just the thought of drinking milk makes me feel nauseous.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went off tea after I had the measles.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went off red wine after I got food poisoning alongside a hangover.

I never used to drink tea but took it for politeness' sake when I was offered it a few months ago and am now addicted to it even more than I always was to coffee..... :o I still drink coffee, but a lot less than I used to.
  • max_dbmax_db Posts: 3,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went off tea when someone made me one using a tea bag which had been left in the cupboard for a while without being placed into a sealed container, it was disgusting and took me a long time to start drinking it again. lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went off tea once as well. I used to always drink tea before but one day I decided to have coffee and quite liked it, so had it a few more times, then one day due to old habits I made myself tea and couldn't drink it at all, it tasted disgusting so that's when I realised I didn't like it anymore. After six months I had it at someone else's house and liked it so started drinking it again. Now these days I go through phases of liking it and hating it.lol.
    Hope it's nothing serious in your case, good luck.:)
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i stopped drinking tea a few years back and I used to love it, the reason is because it started to make me feel sick.
    I was told it was the Tanning, for some reason my body started not to like it.

I drink loads of coffee, if I had to give coffee up then I think I would give up living :)
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could you be sensitive to caffine / tannin? If I drink tea on an empty stomach it makes me feel really sick. Only happens with tea though - not coffee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the past few months i have gone off drinking tea, never had this problem before, always loved the stuff especially the first one of the day, started off not being able to finish a whole cup cos i just wasn't enjoying it so i just used to make half cups, now i cant even stomach sips, in fact just the thought of drinking tea makes me feel sick, i'm not pregnant or taking any new medication, nothing like that, anybody else experienced this with any foodstuffs?

Have you changed brand of tea? Or has the water changed in your area? Do you need a new kettle? I used to love Lift Lemon Tea, drunk about 2 jars of it a week for years. Then just one day I fancied a cup of milky tea, after that Lemon tea just didn't taste the same, not touched it since
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I attempted to drink decaff for a while - yuck - I'd rather go without.

Could it be the milk?

My Mum got to a certain age and went totally off milk!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrQuike wrote: »
    I stopped drinking milk for a couple of week to see if my eczema improved. It didn't but just the thought of drinking milk makes me feel nauseous.

Maybe give it a bit more time - I stopped eating dairy and after about 6 weeks my eczema completely disappeared. That was 2 years ago and it hasn't come back, yay. I'd had it for 36 years so it was pretty persistent! Cutting out dairy doesn't work for everyone, but it's worth a try, I know how annoying eczema can be.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes. I went completely off tea a few months ago. I can't stand the stuff now, and drink coffee, water or sugar-free squash.
  • JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went off tea on the 3 occasions that I was pregnant. I used to love it before then but even now, 10 years after I had my last baby I can't stomach it anymore.
  • SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrQuike wrote: »

My son has suffered all his life (he's 33) from eczema, at times he is tormented with the itching. I have known him get up in the middle of the night and lay on the tiled floor in the kitchen, because it was cold and it helped.

About 6 months ago he also developed IBS and he decided to send away for food allergy tests to see if he could control it.

The tests came back saying he had a high intolerance to yeast and recommended cutting out all foods containing it. There were other things as well but yeast was the main one.

He decided to give it a go. At the time he didn't have much faith as he had seen so many doctors and tried so many things over the years, but for one month he religiously cut out the things it recommended.

The result was his IBS stopped bothering him and his eczema totally cleared. I cannot begin to tell you how delighted he is. He can even go to the gym now, which was a total no no before as sweating sent his eczema into overdrive.

I don't know which company he used for the tests but if anyone is interested I can find out.