David Mellor's unfortunate slip of the tongue on This Morning!

jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
Forum Member
✭✭
Whilst discussing Thatcher's death just now on This Morning, he meant to say "funked" but ended up changing the "n" for a "c"!!!:D:D:D

Comments

• molyeshamolyesha Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    I heard that too! He dealt with it in the 'kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse' way and carried straight on. It didn't seem noticed in the studio.
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    I didn't know he was still alive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Morning is going up in my estimation. Owen Jones again this week. More please!
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember in 1997, when he lost the election and ranted at the microphone against that anti-EC tycoon who beat him, who stood by with his mates laughing and clapping, going, 'Out! Out! Out!'
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy-B wrote: »
    I didn't know he was still alive.

he does a weekend show on Classic FM that is beyond dull. :sleep:
  • PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He also let the same word slip on his Saturday LBC radio show a few weeks ago. Getting to be a habit David? :o
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Potkettle wrote: »
    He also let the same word slip on his Saturday LBC radio show a few weeks ago. Getting to be a habit David? :o

The guy's becoming a bit of a funking liability isn't he....:D
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    he does a weekend show on Classic FM that is beyond dull. :sleep:
    Sounds about right.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    WelshNige wrote: »
    The guy's becoming a bit of a funking liability isn't he....:D

:D
    Freudian slips! - him not you ;)
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would he need to say funked? What was the sentence he was trying to say?:confused:
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably better known for 'funking' Antonia de Sancha and Mona Bauwens when he was not only married, but a Minister in John Majors Government. Bauwens was the daughter of a wealthy Palestinian businessman who was a major fund raiser for the PLO and Mellor enjoyed the high life courtesy of Bauwen senior.

As Dave has told us....."we are all in it together."

Some of us!
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe he wants a bit of publicity, just to remind people he's not dead, because I thought he was as well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Probably better known for 'funking' Antonia de Sancha and Mona Bauwens when he was not only married, but a Minister in John Majors Government. Bauwens was the daughter of a wealthy Palestinian businessman who was a major fund raiser for the PLO and Mellor enjoyed the high life courtesy of Bauwen senior.

As Dave has told us....."we are all in it together."

Some of us!

Were there toes involved ?:) Or have I got the wrong person?:o
  • xendesktopxendesktop Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Why would he need to say funked? What was the sentence he was trying to say?:confused:

It was meant to be flunked. As in missed the opportunity.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were there toes involved ?:) Or have I got the wrong person?:o

That was Sarah Ferguson I think and some bloke called Steve
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was Sarah Ferguson I think and some bloke called Steve

Oh thanks, memory playing tricks again.:rolleyes:
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toe-sucking was certainly mentioned, along with wearing a Chelsea shirt while funking, but this seems to have been an invention of Max Clifford's.
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    This Morning is going up in my estimation. Owen Jones again this week. More please!

I do hope this bizarre little 1970s Dave Spart recidivist soon gets ostracised by TV, leaving him more time to make Dennis Skinner seem forward-thinking.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember in 1997, when he lost the election and ranted at the microphone against that anti-EC tycoon who beat him, who stood by with his mates laughing and clapping, going, 'Out! Out! Out!'

James Goldsmith. And yes, it was hilarious!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mellor ruined 6-0-6 on Five Live. It's never recovered. Going from Danny Baker's brilliance to David's 'As I said to my friend Ken Bates....' was awful.
  • kernow19kernow19 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    Toe-sucking was certainly mentioned, along with wearing a Chelsea shirt while funking, but this seems to have been an invention of Max Clifford's.

Is this the same Max Clifford who seems to have gone very quiet lately about highlighting other people's shortcomings in the national press? :rolleyes:
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He is very good on social issues.
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    No he's not.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOznjgSt5K8&feature=player_detailpage#t=538s

:D
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭