Options

Cards To Say Sorry?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do card shops like clinton cards etc sell cards to simply say sorry to someone for something you've done?

Comments

• Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Do card shops like clinton cards etc sell cards to simply say sorry to someone for something you've done?

From a quick Google, yes.

http://www.clintoncards.co.uk/cards/other-occasions/sorry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »

Thanks :) They don't seem to have a big selection do they? I saw loads of 'sorry you're leaving' 'sorry you lost the baby' 'sorry you didn't win the lottery' (ok i made that one up :D) but i just want a simple sorry card. At least there are 3 to pick from. I like the bear one
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Thanks :) They don't seem to have a big selection do they? I saw loads of 'sorry you're leaving' 'sorry you lost the baby' 'sorry you didn't win the lottery' (ok i made that one up :D) but i just want a simple sorry card. At least there are 3 to pick from. I like the bear one

Buy a neutral card that's blank inside and write the apology yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    Buy a neutral card that's blank inside and write the apology yourself.

Yes i suppose i could do that :) Just as long as i do something is the important bit, the gesture is important however big or small at least they will know i cared enough to bother
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Yes i suppose i could do that :) Just as long as i do something is the important bit, the gesture is important however big or small at least they will know i cared enough to bother

Yes, that's true, but a personal apology is always going to do the job better.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it depends on what you did.
    A face to face apology may be more meaningful than a card through the letterbox?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on what you did.
    A face to face apology may be more meaningful than a card through the letterbox?

I'm ashamed to admit this but don't have the courage to face them :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I never really understand apology cards to be honest. If I'd done something small then a general apology in person would be easy, but if I'd done something serious enough to warrant sending someone an apology in the form of a card, then a card would surely seem too casual? It sounds like something that would need to be more of a letter?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    I never really understand apology cards to be honest. If I'd done something small then a general apology in person would be easy, but if I'd done something serious enough to warrant sending someone an apology in the form of a card, then a card would surely seem too casual? It sounds like something that would need to be more of a letter?

Sorry cards for reasons other than a death or something similar are just a money maker for the card companies
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Sorry cards for reasons other than a death or something similar are just a money maker for the card companies

Well I suppose all cards are really :D

I do understand the others but can never think of a time a general sorry card would be appropriate to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm ashamed to admit this but don't have the courage to face them :blush:
    Fair enough.
    Card, with a bit more than "sorry" or letter then.
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As is a bunch of flowers or similar.
    It's a gesture of thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As is a bunch of flowers or similar.
    It's a gesture of thought.

With flowers you can get some the person likes to at least show you know them well and have tried, A card for me personally is a waste of time

Like i say, For a death i understand the reasoning, But to just say sorry i can't get that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With flowers you can get some the person likes to at least show you know them well and have tried, A card for me personally is a waste of time

Like i say, For a death i understand the reasoning, But to just say sorry i can't get that

You could say the same for birthday cards, thank you cards, congratulations cards. Why only single out sorry cards?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You could say the same for birthday cards, thank you cards, congratulations cards. Why only single out sorry cards?

I agree, I am not a big card person in general. But if you are not buying a gift then a card does come in handy for say a neighbour or distant family member

I think anything other than a birthday card and a commiseration card is a bit unneeded, But as i say that is just me. Everyone is different
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    OP I hope you realise we are all sitting here wondering if you're going to tell us what you've done ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I am not a big card person in general. But if you are not buying a gift then a card does come in handy for say a neighbour or distant family member

I think anything other than a birthday card and a commiseration card is a bit unneeded, But as i say that is just me. Everyone is different

I'm not a card person either, i rarely buy cards for anyone. nor am i someone who finds it easy to write letters and say sorry and all that. I realise it probably seems like taking the easy option but a card is the only thing i can think of that i can do as a gesture to maybe clear the air.

The people i upset (family) i'm not really that close to as such and they always do cards for bloody everything. Thank you, congratulations on the new job anything you can think its a quick card thru the door. We don't have that close touchy feely family thing going on, maybe if we did i'd find it easier to want to make more effort than just a card
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

moon pig have 10 and highly customisable

http://www.moonpig.com/uk/Gallery?sf1=ProductCategory&sv1=Cards&sf2=OccasionGroup&sv2=Sorry&bhcp=1
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh. I find that 'suck it up' works well enough :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    Meh. I find that 'suck it up' works well enough :D

yeah suppose :(:cry:
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think a card is at all appropriate. A letter would be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I don't think a card is at all appropriate. A letter would be.

I simply don't know what to write. Not good at this sort of thing :(:confused:
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marks & Spencer have some nice ones. I think they start from about £1 too :)
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP I hope you realise we are all sitting here wondering if you're going to tell us what you've done ;)
    ^^^ this :D
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭