Windows 7 and Radio 4

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Okay I like listening to Radio 4 :o

Anyway I've got a nice clean installation of Windows7, start FireFox and jump to Radio4 only to find it plays all the recorded stuff but won't stream live.

I read the BBC help pages and it says live streaming require Real One. So I install Real Player but still no luck. If I run Real Player stand alone it will stream Radio4 live, but won't run it from the web site. I've also clicked the buttons to change file types and clean caches but still no luck. Any suggestions?

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i have this little gadget on my desktop.
    http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=e4c995f9-baa7-4a2f-89fd-5c6ab28e4500

but as for the bbc website, i didn't think they were using real any more.

i need a pee, but after that i shall investigate.

edit right done that. when i go to the radio 4 website and click Listen live it opens a poop up and plays in flash.
  • excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Radio Sure to listen to many worldwide stations including BBC Radio 2 (and 3 on occasion), search facility and favourites etc and as the ability to record the station you are listening to.

Hope that helps !
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ja88ed wrote: »
    I read the BBC help pages and it says live streaming require Real One.
    That is out of date:rolleyes: it uses Flash now, make sure you have the latest version of Flash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's embarrassing! Being a clean installation I could have sworn I had the latest flash. :o

*tsk* User error!
  • David TDavid T Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    You may find that the problem is using MS Internet Explorer - in Windows7 this is a 64 bit version, which the BBC iplayer does not like. I got around this by changing to Google Chrome, but if you were to download a 32bit version of IE it should work
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David T wrote: »
    You may find that the problem is using MS Internet Explorer - in Windows7 this is a 64 bit version, which the BBC iplayer does not like. I got around this by changing to Google Chrome, but if you were to download a 32bit version of IE it should work
    It may work with the 64 bit Flash beta .
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    the 32 bit version of IE is installed with w7 x64 iirc
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    I have W7 64 bit and can stream R4 live without doing any tweaking.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At any rate, there's no longer Real Audio streaming!
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    OP - have you tried a different browser?