Fave Girls Aloud album?

TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just thought I'd give them a listen again seeing as I loved them when they were all together in the days before Cheryl become an overrated irritance and all the others got along with Nadine.......... sigh

Anyway I love most of their studio albums, the first less so as its got alot of filler in it. I think my fave GA album is Chemistry almost every track could have been a single especially Models and Watch Me Go :cool:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TANGELED UP!! all the way!

apart from I Can't Speak French i think the whole album is enjoyable at least and i am not a GA fan per se! but my mum likes then and has the Greatest Hits and the two albums after it!.

MUST say the Synthpop displayed on that album was quality, Out Of Control was okay for me, but i felt the strongest were the singles from that album.

Nadine and Nicola are the best voices of the group i must say! I hope they do actually make an album the quality of Tangeled Up again!
    Something Kinda Oooh(on the GH) and Call The Shots are the best of all their catalogue i believe...Biology and Sexy, No No No! are slick!
  • robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangled up

close to love
    call the shots
    girl overboard
    control of the knife
    fling
    black jacks

= true love
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tangled up for me too but loved revolution in the head from out of control.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been listening to Tangled Up loads over the last few weeks, still sounds as exciting and thrilling as it did the first time. Don't think I will ever get bored of it

But I just love everything about their last 3 albums. For some reason I find that Out Of Control is a great album for winter. No idea why
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really love Chemistry, mainly because Biology is on it xD
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose Tangled Up is their strongest album, but my personal favourite is Chemistry. I especially love It's Magic, Biology, Swinging London Town, Models and Racy Lacey. And from the bonus CD, Count The Days and Not Tonight Santa.

Then I'd put What Will The Neighbours Say third, and Out Of Control fourth. Sound Of The Underground is their only truly rubbish album.
  • Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey! This is a campaign to get Untouchable by GA no.1 in 2011! Let us know if you can support :)http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lets-get-Untouchable-by-Girls-Aloud-No1/125961040796958?v=wall A date will be decided on to download the song just as we have a good few thousand members supporting :) Do this for the girls, would be the perfect way to show them we want them back! :D
    Slighly off topic sorry :p and in reply to OP's question, I <3 Tangled Up! :D xx
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, this is difficult - I love songs from all their albums. However, I think I'd go with Chemistry, there's only a couple of songs I'm not too keen on compared to their other albums. My personal favourite tracks from Chemistry are Models, Biology, Wild Horses, Whole Lotta History, Long Hot Summer, Swinging London Town, It's Magic and No Regrets - so most of the tracks then! :p

I think I'd rank all their albums like this:
    1. Chemistry
    2. What Will The Neighbours Say?
    3. Out Of Control
    4. Tangled Up
    5. Sound of the Underground
    (If I was to include their Greatest Hits, that would be in the middle somewhere.)
    :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tangled Up....just coz it had the wonderful "Call The Shots" on it if anything else.
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly dont really care that much for Tangled Up, I love about 5 songs on it the rest I just like

I'd rate it

1. Chemistry
    2. Out of Control
    3. WWTNS
    4. Tangled Up
    5. SOTU (other than the singles its truly awful Xenomania at their worst)

Out of Control was a real step up I wish they had continued as a group and released a 6th album in November 2009 and right now they could have just released a 7th studio album then next year they could have released a second greatest hits.

But no EGOS got in the way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tangled Up.

Probably one of the best pop albums of the past 10 years. Call The Shots is a modern classic. Just a shame they didn't give it a decent album cover.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what will the neighbours say for me

then tangled up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tangled Up for me, closely followed by What Will The Neighbours Say!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pharoah wrote: »
    Tangled Up.

Probably one of the best pop albums of the past 10 years. Call The Shots is a modern classic. Just a shame they didn't give it a decent album cover.

i always liked this cover best (dunno if it's an offcial alternate one) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Sa9SPINujks/SxLY4jYquuI/AAAAAAAABRk/T9xnnzp0rd8/s1600/tangled+up+aloud.jpg

i think my favourite is tangled up, followed by out of control and chemistry (for biology, waiting and watch me go)
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of control is really really bad.
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »

Out of Control is really really good
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Definitely not their best album, but its worth the money for the full length version of Untouchable alone. Miss You Bow Wow, The Promise and The Loving Kind are very good too.

The three b-sides from that era are brilliant though. Better than the vast majority of the album tracks.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:( I love Out Of Control, I think it's one of their strongest overall and nearly all it's songs are brilliant imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    i always liked this cover best (dunno if it's an offcial alternate one) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Sa9SPINujks/SxLY4jYquuI/AAAAAAAABRk/T9xnnzp0rd8/s1600/tangled+up+aloud.jpg

i think my favourite is tangled up, followed by out of control and chemistry (for biology, waiting and watch me go)

To be honest, I would have preferred this as their cover. Great photo

http://www.chartfanatic.com/covers_gallery/number_ones/number_one_covers/287.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Tangled Up and Chemistry. Can't choose between them.

I also love a lot of the songs off their other albums and b-sides. Especially Fix Me Up, Here We Go, No Good Advice and On A Round.
  • mattthemolemattthemole Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Tangled Up is definitely my favourite!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite Out of Control not being overwhelmingly popular, it is my favourite GA album, closely followed by Tangled Up
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out Of Control
    Sound of Girls Aloud
    Tangled Up
    Chemistry
    WWTNS
    SOTU
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chemistry. Very closely followed by Tangled Up.
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    1. Chemistry
    2. what will the neighbours say
    3. out of control
    4. tangled up
    5. sound of the underground