Hi IAC ers:) So how do you rate this series?

Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
Forum Member
✭✭
I have LOVED it.

Apologies to her fans in advance :o, but I loathed Gillian and feel it's a great shame her antics monopolised much of the earlier shows, but I've been so happy watching the other cast members this year.

The final 4 were great, I've been enthralled by Dom, Shaun, Stacey and Jenny.

Shaun and Dom have particularly captivated me and Stacey is incredible. She'd have to eat small puppies now not to win, but her positivity has shone through IMO.

So yeah apart from the McKeithage I'd give it 10/10.

I've been following the 'Ms Mc's Hubby thread' with much enjoyment :D thanks to all involved there :D

P.S I've missed you all, hope everyone's ok, has Swinga been about? Bet I've missed some fantastic posts in the IAC discussion threads :)

Comments

• alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although McKeith was INCREDIBLY annoying, she has provoked some of the funniest threads on here - but when she was squealing and shrieking and faux-fainting on telly, I just wanted to put my fist through the screen.

I loved the final four too. And Stacey will be a deserved winner, she's a little star.

I wish Kayla had gone earlier than Britt though, and Aggro had gone before Lembit. The pair of them are probably lovely, sweet people, but I didn't find them entertaining. I'm sure there are other, more recognisable z-list celebrities around.

However, it's been as much fun for me as other years - long may it continue!!:)
  • Charlie123xxxCharlie123xxx Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    I have LOVED it.

Apologies to her fans in advance :o, but I loathed Gillian and feel it's a great shame her antics monopolised much of the earlier shows, but I've been so happy watching the other cast members this year.

Shaun and Dom have particularly captivated me and Stacey is incredible. She'd have to eat small puppies now not to win, but her positivity has shone through IMO.

I have to agree with you I have enjoyed it very much too.
    I have laughed a lot.
    There will be the people on here who will moan saying" it's a fix it's not fair" like always
    But I think the last few were the one's that should have been there at the end.
    I love Stacey and Shaun is very funny.
    They all had their parts to play good and bad.
    Good luck to them all.
  • chickseechicksee Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good mix of characters in my opinion,not too many contrived arguments and some real funny moments. Best show for several years I think.
  • Granny WeatherwaxGranny Weatherwax Posts: 52,923
    Forum Member
    Hey Joni!

This is the first series I've watched all the way through for a few years. Last year I switched off the minute KP went in and by the time she left I couldn't be bothered with it. So I'd give this one 8/10. It would have got a 10/10 if it hadn't been for Gillian McKeith, hooray for the ability to record and fast-forward all the bits she was in. Although that in the begining meant an hours programme could be viewed in about 10 minutes! :D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been a vintage year imo. Probably the best year since the Lydon/Price/Andre/Katona one
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although McKeith was INCREDIBLY annoying, she has provoked some of the funniest threads on here - but when she was squealing and shrieking and faux-fainting on telly, I just wanted to put my fist through the screen.

I loved the final four too. And Stacey will be a deserved winner, she's a little star.

I wish Kayla had gone earlier than Britt though, and Aggro had gone before Lembit. The pair of them are probably lovely, sweet people, but I didn't find them entertaining. I'm sure there are other, more recognisable z-list celebrities around.

However, it's been as much fun for me as other years - long may it continue!!:)

I felt exactly the same way about Britt and Lembit and would have much preferred to see them hang around for longer, with Kayla and Aggro leaving. And say what you like about Gillian, as grotesque as she was (and she was grotesque), she was perfect IAC material because of the reaction she generated in the other campers. And you do need a bonafide panto villian and she certainly was that, although less panto, more horror film.

I loved that the 4 who most entertained were the last 4, that rarely happens. Great series, Ant & Dec delivered as they always do and the winner - queen OR king - will just be the icing on a thoroughly good IAC cake! :cool:
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have LOVED it.

I have to agree with you I have enjoyed it very much too.
    I have laughed a lot.
    There will be the people on here who will moan saying" it's a fix it's not fair" like always
    But I think the last few were the one's that should have been there at the end.
    I love Stacey and Shaun is very funny.
    They all had their parts to play good and bad.
    Good luck to them all.

And if that was what was required to win that is what she would do
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I felt exactly the same way about Britt and Lembit and would have much preferred to see them hang around for longer, with Kayla and Aggro leaving. And say what you like about Gillian, as grotesque as she was (and she was grotesque), she was perfect IAC material because of the reaction she generated in the other campers. And you do need a bonafide panto villian and she certainly was that, although less panto, more horror film.

I loved that the 4 who most entertained were the last 4, that rarely happens. Great series, Ant & Dec delivered as they always do and the winner - queen OR king - will just be the icing on a thoroughly good IAC cake! :cool:

I would have preferred
    No Agrro or Sheryl, although they are not offensive at all, they are rather dull in that situation
    No Gillian or Stacey - too much focus from the editor and attention seeking from them , ruined what could have been a belter with the remaining contestants.
  • RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    I've enjoyed this year more than last year, Last year i felt like switching off at times because of Katie Price mainly, but this year i liked everyone pretty much (Gillian was comedic value for me, I enjoyed laughing at her theatrics).
    The Final 5 I really loved, I think who ever wins out of Shaun and Stacey its well deserved.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's been terrible on the whole. The public have championed the more unlikeable (imo) this year, expect Stacey.
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the best, little happened and most of that revolved around one person. Stacey was the winner from the start so it sapped any competition out of the show, like Dom himself said.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    There is far, far too much emphasis on eating 'animals' in this show which I find rather tasteless (excuse the pun). There aught to be more fun and games type of BTTs.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    There is far, far too much emphasis on eating 'animals' in this show which I find rather tasteless (excuse the pun). There aught to be more fun and games type of BTTs.

Oh yeah, definitely. They need to sort that out. The physical tasks are so much more fun and interesting to watch, and actually far more challenging. People eat the bugs because what else can they do, they've got to make the effort? But I never think after I've seen one of the eating tasks, didn't they do well, or wasn't x really brave to eat an anus or a cock or an eyeball, I just think ugh, imagine having that crap inside you!

Limit it to one eating task or figure out a way to make it new and interesting. As it is, it's just pretty pointless now because there are no surprises.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the best series since series 5. Only things that have let this series down were...

-Gillian dominating the bushtucker trials, as Katie did last year. Next year, if a celeb is chosen by the public to do two bushtuckers, they should be immune from the remainder of the votes, so we get to see other celebs.

-There's been no competition. Even before the series began, Stacey was the runaway favourite. It's going to be a bit of a hollow final tonight, because this series has felt like dragging out the inevitable...that Stacey will be crowned Queen of the Jungle.

-Splitting the group up into two separate camps. Not unique to this series, but I, personally, HATE it when they do that.

Been a good series overall though.:)
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loathe to say it but I think Mc Shriek made the show for me this year. I think it must be the really bad side of me.
    Whatever; this show has been captivating for me and the iacgmoohNOW even better.:)
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »

i completely agree, I find those trials the most predictable and least entertaining.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i completely agree, I find those trials the most predictable and least entertaining.
    Oh I agree too - watching people retch and almost vomit is NOT entertainment. It was gobsmackingly awful when they first did it - now it seems a very lazy way of conducting a trial, getting people to chow down a variety of insects and repulsive animal body parts. I really enjoyed the more adventurous trials but maybe the eating ones are cheaper to do, hence the inclusion of so many this time around?
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final 2 are just about what everyone expected

Downsides for me:
    • No-one really challenged Stacey for the winners crown which she is probably going to run away with tonight, unless they all knew she was favourite from the off beforehand and just went through the motions until they left
    • Wish they could have left out the usual splitting of the camps, that particular idea is so old now
    • Think I was one of the few that didn't enjoy the secret missions, especially since they just seemed to focus on the expected top 3 or 4

Other than that, a solid start which dipped in the middle and picked up again after McFake left

One of the better series IMO so it is near the top of the series I have watched
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    I think it's been a fantastic series :)
    I really liked the final five too, and I would be happy with any of the last 3 as winner - in other years, I bet Shaun or Jenny would have had a great chance of winning, and it's just a shame (for them) that this year has someone unstoppable!

I watched a few earlier episodes on ITV Player t'other day, though, and it brought back just how horrible Gillian was. Entertaining when thought of in the past tense, but it was like a dark cloud was lifted from the camp, the day she was kicked out.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I agree too - watching people retch and almost vomit is NOT entertainment. It was gobsmackingly awful when they first did it - now it seems a very lazy way of conducting a trial, getting people to chow down a variety of insects and repulsive animal body parts. I really enjoyed the more adventurous trials but maybe the eating ones are cheaper to do, hence the inclusion of so many this time around?

Ah, I hadn't thought of that Alfie, good point.

Thanks for all the responses folks, it's nice to see your views, much appeciated.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it's the best since the Jordan/Andre/Lydon one.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Time, hence forwards to give this series a miss. If it were to be held in our Summer, just what sort of viewing audience would it get. Very low, I suspect.
    This is just winter entertainment fodder for for we frozen brits.
    :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its been much better than last years which was pretty much ruined for my by Katie Price (who I actually don't mind away from the show)

I don't think it was anywhere near as good as the Janice Dickinson or David Guest years. They were real classics for me
  • darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the whole I've enjoyed this series Joni. Spoilt by the likes of McCheat, Kayla and Aggro.
    It was a shame they lasted so long, would have liked to have seen Cheryl and Lembit stay longer.
  • casa_novacasa_nova Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    It is ok - not the best or worse about on a par with Gino's one last year.

Series 3 - Katonna, Andre, Price, Lyndon one.
    Series 5 - Carol Thatcher, Lord Brocket one.
    Series 6 - Janice Dickinson year.

We all better than this series.

Think the ruined the end of this one massively by having just 2 in the final instead of 3. Should of finished yesterday.