Lets Sponsor David Tennant

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now the Olympic Torch routes had been revealed do you think if enough of us offered to sponsor him we could get David Tennant to run a mile carrying it?

He'd have to do it in a suit though ;)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ja88ed wrote: »
    Now the Olympic Torch routes had been revealed do you think if enough of us offered to sponsor him we could get David Tennant to run a mile carrying it?

He'd have to do it in a suit though ;)

Haha, that would be very funny :D
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    He must do this for us. :D

When we say run, run.

(Nominations open at 11am)
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd sponsor him to not do it. :D

I'd rather it was done by a Dalek, an RTD era one not a Moff era one, it's bad enough the Olympics are a shambles anyway without having the Mighty Morphin Power Daleks crawling along with the Olympic Torch. :p
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely it would be appropriate for Paul McGann to run a mile and then pass the torch to Christopher Eccleston who then passes the torch to David Tennant who then passes the torch to Matt Smith...and then the papers can be full of speculation as to who Matt will pass it on to :D

(I left out the earlier Doctor's as they are getting on a bit, although I suppose they could amble along with the torch instead)
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I would love to see that happen!
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got to do it!

I mean, I've already seen him do it!:confused:

Oh, no, not wibbly-wobbly time-can-be-rewritten stuff.:(

I was looking forward to seeing him run in his swishy coat just one more time. :(
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got to do it!

I mean, I've already seen him do it!:confused:

Oh, no, not wibbly-wobbly time-can-be-rewritten stuff.:(

I was looking forward to seeing him run in his swishy coat just one more time. :(

It's the only possible way to redeem that episode, innit! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I swear if I'm watching the olympics and the spectators don't disappear, I am going to be very disappointed!! :p

And yes, this all needs to happen, esp the McGann to Eccelstone etc etc thing!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about petitioning for The Doctor to be a part of the opening ceremony.

He can link together pagents of British history through flights in the Tardis.

He could save the doves from their fiery death in Barcelona 1992 and bring them through time to be released out of the Tardis.

If anything goes wrong with the cauldron lighting, he could be on hand to sonic a loose connection.

Let's have a campaign. Doctor. Doctor DOCTOR.
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    I'd sponsor him to not do it. :D

I'd rather it was done by a Dalek, an RTD era one not a Moff era one, it's bad enough the Olympics are a shambles anyway without having the Mighty Morphin Power Daleks crawling along with the Olympic Torch. :p

Don't know if you've read but Moffat says the proper Daleks aren't gone completely - the plastic hunchbacks are just some sort of Dalek elite and we'll still have the others (probably couldn't afford to build more than three new ones but what the hay)

Who knows - maybe there'll be a Dalek civil war and we can see the proper Daleks kick those poncy ones' humps.

PS...

I don't like the new ones either.

PPS...

In case you hadn't guessed :D
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if you've read but Moffat says the proper Daleks aren't gone completely - the plastic hunchbacks are just some sort of Dalek elite and we'll still have the others (probably couldn't afford to build more than three new ones but what the hay)

Who knows - maybe there'll be a Dalek civil war and we can see the proper Daleks kick those poncy ones' humps.

PS...

I don't like the new ones either.

PPS...

In case you hadn't guessed :D

Nope, never noticed. ;):D
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,765
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Surely it would be appropriate for Paul McGann to run a mile and then pass the torch to Christopher Eccleston who then passes the torch to David Tennant who then passes the torch to Matt Smith...and then the papers can be full of speculation as to who Matt will pass it on to :D

(I left out the earlier Doctor's as they are getting on a bit, although I suppose they could amble along with the torch instead)

I like that idea!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »

How about

David Tennant
    Independent Talent Group Ltd.
    Oxford House
    76 Oxford Street
    London W1D 1BS
    UK
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone think that David Tennant might not fancy the idea of running a mile in a suit?

:p
  • kalon1701kalon1701 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »
    Anyone think that David Tennant might not fancy the idea of running a mile in a suit?

:p

I wonder how many miles he did run during his tenure?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Well, won't the converse high tops make up for the suit? :)

I love this idea!!
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unfortunately the moment in question is one of my least favorite moments in the shows history....:o
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    unfortunately the moment in question is one of my least favorite moments in the shows history....:o

I thought watching the Tenth Doctor run with the torch, in his swishy coat was one of the redeeming features of that episode. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The petition has an impressive 11,000 signatures already !
    Keep adding to them guys and gals. Allons-y !!

It's got even more signatures than 'Save Stargate Universe'