Options

Watching BB8 for the very first time

SexSex Posts: 44,161
Forum Member
A hmm a hmm...... What are your. Views on It is it an ok series cause a lot of people slate it.

Comments

• Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Second to worst series for me.

Awful.
  • Options
    DLS1DLS1 Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't bother, you'll never get those hours of your life back.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Terrible opening night twist

Terrible winner

Can't go into any more details than that as I'd "spoil" it for you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Very boring in all honesty this year, I dont like anyone really
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How exactly the people twists?
  • Options
    BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible year.

Do some painting and watch that.
  • Options
    purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ONLY year I never watched BB. By the looks of these comments, a good decision. ;)
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Loved it.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Poor series in part, I suspect, because of the controversy surrounding the CBB earlier that year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Ops thought you meant this year, which one was bb8?
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Its basically a masterclass of how not to do twists and how to mess up a series.

The beginning twist was crap and then it got worse from there.
    Emily was made an example off for pretty much an ignorant and throwaway comment, Charley was saved by the Production team for far too long. The fake eviction was massively underwhelming. The Halfway House was pointless and the all female start was ppointless.

The majority of the interesting HM left early, whilst the likes of Carole and Tracey stayed FOREVER. The whole austrailian thing was a complete misfire too.

The series was just bad - and a serious let down after BB7
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It had some really good arguments. But the later weeks were crap, and the winner was probably my least favourite ever.
  • Options
    BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its basically a masterclass of how not to do twists and how to mess up a series.

The beginning twist was crap and then it got worse from there.
    Emily was made an example off for pretty much an ignorant and throwaway comment, Charley was saved by the Production team for far too long. The fake eviction was massively underwhelming. The Halfway House was pointless and the all female start was ppointless.

The majority of the interesting HM left early, whilst the likes of Carole and Tracey stayed FOREVER. The whole austrailian thing was a complete misfire too.

The series was just bad - and a serious let down after BB7

Yeah, everything screamed producers panicking with what to do with the show now after the Shilpa fiasco.

The series was clueless from start to finish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole series was more or less singlehandedly ruined by one housemate.

Days 59-66 was probably the worst week ever in BB history. We lose THE only two remaining characters of the show in the space of two days, the house is joined by a gaggle of unlikeable new housemates, BB's halfway-house "task" is made up as it goes along resulting in the unfair eviction of two new housemates who nobody knows or cares well enough about, and who had already earned their right to be in the house but had it taken away from them at the last minute.

Dreadful.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    dont bother youl also never get to see the ghastly shanesa either
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only series I ever gave up on, halfway through
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Was the first BB that lost the magic for me.
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has its moments, but they're few and far between.

The beginning is dominated by the constant loud droning from Charley as she argues with anyone and everyone over everything. Be prepared to have a headache for the entirety of the first half.

And, for all the rest of it, you have fun-sponge Carole either shouting or crying at anyone who tries to enjoy themselves in any way whatsoever until they stop.

Watching Ziggy mooching about the garden in a hoodie sighing deeply for a couple of weeks was probably the thing that was the most consistently entertaining. Which should tell you something.

You can also play along with a fun game, if you like. One of the housemates from that year is incredibly obnoxious on twitter and believes him/herself to be one of the most famous and successful people ever to have been on the programme. See if you can guess which one it is.
  • Options
    XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful
    Best bit about BB8 was having LF coupled with the forums so much hope and expectation was pinned on STFU Carole being found out for being a massive control freak and game player not the kindly mother figure who only had her "boys" best interest at heart, if you were a young female she was evil. Biggest ever emotional blackmailer in BB history IMO.
    And don't get me started on Tracy, Charlie and Belo!
    Oh and the sagas of Chiggy!
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thread title was sang in my head Glyn "Cooking an Egg" Wise style! Haha! A-oooo, A-oooo! :p

Yeah, BB8 gets a lot of flack, but I don't think it was THAT bad! It was a little safe compared to BB6 and 7 because it was the first series after the CBB race row with Jade and all. There are some great characters though, like Charley, and Chanelle, and Jerry, Brian (to an extent), Laura, Samanda. Some fun tasks like the Sleep deprivation (I wish they did endurance more often in BB) and the Birthday party task.

But... In my rewatching of BB, I reckon I'll be skipping BB8. I really could not stand Tracey, Nicky, Ziggy, or Lesley.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member

But... In my rewatching of BB, I reckon I'll be skipping BB8. I really could not stand Tracey, Nicky, Ziggy, or Lesley.

It went down hill when Lesley went - she was a class HM - Seany was a complete bellend and if it wasn't for him messing about with her bed she possibly would've stayed a bit longer.

Fantastic moment when he says sorry and she just says 'You're not in the least bit sorry.' Before carrying on packing. Poor cow was out of her depth, but her one liners were by far the best part of BB8
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It went down hill when Lesley went - she was a class HM - Seany was a complete bellend and if it wasn't for him messing about with her bed she possibly would've stayed a bit longer.

Fantastic moment when he says sorry and she just says 'You're not in the least bit sorry.' Before carrying on packing. Poor cow was out of her depth, but her one liners were by far the best part of BB8

Sorry, I meant to type Carole but was thinking of writing something positive about Lesley! D'oh! Lesley was lovely! I'd have included her in the big characters if she was there longer!

Seany made me embarrassed to be Irish, even though he is from Northern Ireland and I'm in the Republic! He was just dire. I can't watch him pushing Charley in the pool because that was so wreckless, I just picture her wholloping herself against the edge of the decking. :(
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it somewhat, but it was easily one of the worst. Just far too many housemates (everyone was forgettable other than Charley, Brian and a couple of others).

I think this was easily the trashiest and most fame-seeking house ever.

I just remember Chanelle being reunited with Ziggy in some obvious and lame twist after she'd been evicted, and the first thing she said to him was "my manager wants to sign you". :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trollface wrote: »
    It has its moments, but they're few and far between.

The beginning is dominated by the constant loud droning from Charley as she argues with anyone and everyone over everything. Be prepared to have a headache for the entirety of the first half.

And, for all the rest of it, you have fun-sponge Carole either shouting or crying at anyone who tries to enjoy themselves in any way whatsoever until they stop.

Watching Ziggy mooching about the garden in a hoodie sighing deeply for a couple of weeks was probably the thing that was the most consistently entertaining. Which should tell you something.

You can also play along with a fun game, if you like. One of the housemates from that year is incredibly obnoxious on twitter and believes him/herself to be one of the most famous and successful people ever to have been on the programme. See if you can guess which one it is.

billi, i haven't seen BB8, but omg he has a big head i'm telling you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    on day 1, seems ok I like everyone there's no one I hate yet....