tinman wrote: »
    Keep clicking on this thread hoping for good news.:(

and me too. :(
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    tinman wrote: »
    Keep clicking on this thread hoping for good news.:(

Me too! Thinking of you at this difficult time and hoping so much your beloved little cat comes home soon.

Take care
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope you find him soon Shuttermaze.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep popping into this thread hoping for good news. I have my fingers crossed for you OP.
  • Options
    ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Still no sign or news of him. It's so hard to not have him home, but I'm slowly getting used to it. I really fear that I'm never going to see him again.

We're very rural, lots of lovely fields to explore, he may well have just gone on a wonderful holiday, but deep down I am now starting to accept the fact that he's gone.

I do know how far cats can wander. A few years ago, this stray cat started coming into the garden, and when it was brave enough, ventured through the cat flap to scrounge food from my lot. He never caused them any issues, didn't fight them at all. He just wanted somewhere warm to sleep and some food to eat. I eventually managed to get him up to my Vets to have him scanned and given the once over. Turns out he'd gone missing from somewhere in Worcester. and had been missing for roughly 3 years! With the info off his chip, (he was a feral from the RSPCA) I managed to track down the owners via their original vets, to let them know Matty was residing with us. They'd since moved from their original home and had acquired dogs, so felt it wasn't fair to uproot Matty, and try to integrate him with the dogs. So he stayed with me, for four long happy years, bless him.

So I do know that it can happen, he could just walk through that door at any time, But I really feel he wont,. And I miss him, so bloody much,
  • Options
    blossom24blossom24 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Hugs and Kisses for you and yours in your time of need xx
  • Options
    niki1969niki1969 Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I keep checking your thread hoping for good news. I am thinking of you at this time xx
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,112
    Forum Member
    and me x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One of my cats, Dennis, has been missing now for two nights:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ohh Snowy, I really hope Dennis is back with you now. It's so hard, not knowing where they are. Sending a massive hug chick.x x

My Boo still isn't home. I'm starting to get used to him being gone, but I still miss him so much. I took the decision to give a home to two little ones last Sunday, in honour of my darling boy. One of them has a lot of Boo's quirks, which has astounded both me and hubby. Boo, (when he was resting, getting ready to have a sleep) used to literally turn his head into his chin, and flump his whole self down in one go. In all the many years I've had cats, he's the only one I've ever seen do this. Well, one of the kittens ( who has quite a look of Turbo about him) did the exact same thing. I think it's Boo's way of looking out for me, and letting me know it's ok. God I'd give anything to have him home. He'd love the new additions.
    I've called the one Cosmo, (stupid I know, but it's close to Turbo, and he's the one that's most like him) and the other one is called Kip, as he likes to snuggle up close and sleep!

Here is a pic of them. Kip is on the left, Cosmo is on the right. Kip and Cosmo

I'm still looking out for Boo, Not a day has gone past that I don't check for him. My older 3 cats, have coped brilliantly with Kip & Cosmo, it's small steps each day, but they've all seen one another,and done nose bumps. The new boys slept upstairs last night with Henri, not a peep out of them all night! I swear they all know how upset and lost I've felt these last few weeks, and are trying so hard to settle down with the new boys. They're all getting poached chicken for tea! (spoilt babes)
  • Options
    PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gorgeous cats shuttermaze, i'm still hoping your boy will find his way back home soon x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ohh So am I PopRocket, it's what I want more than anything, Had a bit of a cry again this morning, I can't believe it's been so long since I last saw him. I miss him so much.
  • Options
    BobbyDrakeBobbyDrake Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    You never know - I have heard of cats coming back months, even years later so you never know! I know what you must be feeling - my cat Kohl went missing a few years ago and I put posters through hundreds of doors. I know how upset I was until we got him back (after an operation) 6 days later. Hopefully so kindly person has taken him in for a holiday and one of these days he will find his way back to you. I understand it is the not knowing for sure what has happened that is the worse. Just remember if the worse does happen how he had such a good life and was loved - its more than a lot of cats have!
  • Options
    FairyFeet1964FairyFeet1964 Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my cats, Dennis, has been missing now for two nights:(

Thinking of you Snowy hope Dennis is home soon xxx
  • Options
    FairyFeet1964FairyFeet1964 Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohh Snowy, I really hope Dennis is back with you now. It's so hard, not knowing where they are. Sending a massive hug chick.x x

My Boo still isn't home. I'm starting to get used to him being gone, but I still miss him so much. I took the decision to give a home to two little ones last Sunday, in honour of my darling boy. One of them has a lot of Boo's quirks, which has astounded both me and hubby. Boo, (when he was resting, getting ready to have a sleep) used to literally turn his head into his chin, and flump his whole self down in one go. In all the many years I've had cats, he's the only one I've ever seen do this. Well, one of the kittens ( who has quite a look of Turbo about him) did the exact same thing. I think it's Boo's way of looking out for me, and letting me know it's ok. God I'd give anything to have him home. He'd love the new additions.
    I've called the one Cosmo, (stupid I know, but it's close to Turbo, and he's the one that's most like him) and the other one is called Kip, as he likes to snuggle up close and sleep!

Here is a pic of them. Kip is on the left, Cosmo is on the right. Kip and Cosmo

I'm still looking out for Boo, Not a day has gone past that I don't check for him. My older 3 cats, have coped brilliantly with Kip & Cosmo, it's small steps each day, but they've all seen one another,and done nose bumps. The new boys slept upstairs last night with Henri, not a peep out of them all night! I swear they all know how upset and lost I've felt these last few weeks, and are trying so hard to settle down with the new boys. They're all getting poached chicken for tea! (spoilt babes)

Shuttermaze they are adorable :) have to say I love their names as well! They look so cute together :)

I can understand how you must be feeling missing Turbo and you have done everything in your power, I still hope one day your dream will come true x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    aww I'm so so sorry to read this :cry:

my darling Elphie went missing for a month in 2010 and it was just terrible. I enlisted the help of an animal search company, called local vets & shelters, nothing. Then I did leaflets of my own and in a last ditch attempt to bring my baby home put them through all the doors in walking distance.

I was in Italy and as I gathered my bag at Gatwick and turned my phone back on I had a voicemail from someone two streets away to say she was quite happily living on a nearby factory roof, the little bugger had been 500 yards away the entire time! She was filthy but luckily she'd been fed by the overlooking neighbours the week she was on the roof. I called the RSPCA who were flipping useless and refused to leave a trap but I got one of my own borrowed from cats protection, set it with some tuna and had her back by 7.30am the next morning.

I know exactly what you're going through, they're our babies but the fact is, as others have said they just love to go on these random adventures and give us heart attacks, but really really don't give up hope.

People won't know to help if they're not aware so posters, leaflets through doors are invaluable, call all your local vets/shelters etc... I take it Turbo is chipped as well? They can go incredible distances. Thinking of you xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awww, thanks Emzie. Yep, Turbs is chipped. I've done the posters through doors, and put one up in the Post office and local Vets. He's on various shelter and rescue websites, and I've also put him on a animal search company's website too. Where I am, is very rural, just mainly lots and lots of fields to wander and roam through. I hope with all my heart that he's just gone off on a little jaunt, and will one day find his way home again. I have a fb page for him, thanks to the lovely MaiseyMoo on here, and so a lot of peeps from various places are looking out for him too. I'm so glad you got your girl back, they do like to scare the wits out of us!
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Don't give up hope. Our big boy disappeared when we had just moved house. WE did all the usual postering, knocking on doors etc. initially there were some possible sightings but nothing came of them. Out of the blue, 15 months later, a phone call from the local vets telling me someone had brought theircat in for injections and a check for chip revealed him to be ours!!!
    he'd been taken in by someone half a mile up the road.
    they were happy to return him and we were more than happy to have him home. He came in as if he'd never been away.

Hopefully, one day you'll have him back.
  • Options
    Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    Don't give up hope. Our big boy disappeared when we had just moved house. WE did all the usual postering, knocking on doors etc. initially there were some possible sightings but nothing came of them. Out of the blue, 15 months later, a phone call from the local vets telling me someone had brought theircat in for injections and a check for chip revealed him to be ours!!!
    he'd been taken in by someone half a mile up the road.
    they were happy to return him and we were more than happy to have him home. He came in as if he'd never been away.

Hopefully, one day you'll have him back.

I was watching an Australian RSPCA show on tv this week and a cat that had been missing for 2 years and temporarily paralyzed by a tick bite was found by them. It had a chip and traced to a family who had since moved to another part of Australia.

They were able contact the family and they were reunited with their cat. It was lovely. It made me think of this thread - there is still hope.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks shutter and fairy..have been out leafletting ,putting up posters etc but have a bad feeling....Dennis is a stroppy devil...goes out looking for trouble and I fear he may have found it this time......:(
    am broken hearted:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ohh Snowy, please don't give up hope. I know though, sometimes you just know in your heart if it doesn't feel right. I so understand. We're all here for you. You've all been so wonderful, and offered so much support to me. we'll be here for you too chick. xxx

Saskia & Pie eyed, It's amazing some of the stories of cats being reunited with their owners after such a long time apart. There is always hope, I shan't ever give up hoping he'll be home with me again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks
  • Options
    Pedalo GirlPedalo Girl Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I'm so sorry to read about this Snowy Ghost. I know how much I worry if mine are missing for just a couple of hours so you must be beside yourself. Sending good wishes your way for the safe and swift return of Turbo.