Can Shelly win a sing-off

2»

Comments

• Options
    MrsGrahamMrsGraham Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Sorry but they can't. Shelley isn't included in the public vote now taking place.

Yes, you're right - I had the mistaken impression that people could still vote for her after the snapshot was taken, the same as for anyone else - I can see now from the X Factor website that that's not the case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Shelley has a tremendous voice but her image is all wrong. I think there's every chance she'll perform best in the sing off BUT they'll still let her go. Acts like Sam, Luke and miss dynamix will struggle to better her but I'm equally sure the judges will side with them on the grounds of "potential".

The sing off used to be good in the days when it genuinely seemed the case that the judges decided according to who sang best. For the last few years though its just been a case of saving the one whose face fits best regardless of whether they can sing or not. I suspect that shelleys fate will be sealed before she picks up the mike.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am struggling to think of any act that the judges will send home and keep Shelly

Shelly has a great voice but just not really what the judges are looking for in X factor. I find it hard to believe they would send home any young act over Shelly even the likes of Luke or Sam C who have weaker voices. Maybe Lorna might be her best chance of staying.

Can anyone else see Shelly staying tonight?

Agreed, she is strong vocally..

However, I suspect she'll be up against Lorna..or, hopefully, Miss Dynamix.

With the former, it'll depend, I think on whether Lorna can sing in tune and deliver the goods, cos I'm pretty damn sure Shelley will.

With the latter, she'll out sing them and still lose as Barlow isn't about to let his pet project get ousted in the first round.

Rich.
    x
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abcd wrote: »
    The fairest way of doing it would be to do another flash vote with the bottom 2 acts starting from scratch

I really think "fair" and the concept of this "flash vote" are mutally exclusive. Just some crappy gimmick that doesnt actually benefit the contestants at all.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    What's TPTB?

The punks that be.
  • Options
    boshealectaboshealecta Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its going to go to Deadlock so they can reveal what they do this series instead of back to the public vote. Either the app or cue Simon Cowell from LA. Then that will be a big twist and climax to end the show
  • Options
    valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Lorna. I didnt think Shelley was good last night but until now I've loved her performance. She could still survive, I hope she does. One things for sure if she does go out it won't be with tears & tantrums, at least not publicly. Good luck Shelley:)
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am struggling to think of any act that the judges will send home and keep Shelly

Shelly has a great voice but just not really what the judges are looking for in X factor. I find it hard to believe they would send home any young act over Shelly even the likes of Luke or Sam C who have weaker voices. Maybe Lorna might be her best chance of staying.

Can anyone else see Shelly staying tonight?

Yes if the Mix girls are there, or Lorna. She is better than them but maybe the wrong image but then why pick her? There were others who were more original.
    In fact for the first time I thought the Overs had better contestants this year than any other year. However with silly old Sharon to pick them there was never gonna be anyone who was fresh like Melanie and that singing teacher.
    I despair with the Overs catagory anyway. It should have been cut years ago. Its so depressing to see them vainly try to please when you know they havent a hope in ? to get anywhere. I'm finding this show gets more depressing every year anyway.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's going to be eliminated. She can outsing a lot of the contestants, but that doesn't matter. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think If she is against Miss Dynamix it will be

Louis/ Sharon vote out MD
    Nicole/ Gary vote out Lorna

Then it into the unknown

The bookies are suggesting that either Made Up Girl Group or Lorna will join Shelley in the bottom two

I hope it's Lorna as it's always fun when a judge has to choose between two of their own acts and Mrs O would have to make a choice as they have done away with Deadlock :D
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assuming they will sing a song of their choosing I think she would out perform quite a few from last night. The boys category is particularly weak but the judges will have aleady made up their minds and thought through the various permutations. The only way I think she'd stay is if she is up against the girl group. I think that is the likely outcome.

I dont agree the boys category is weak. Nicholas was on top form. Sam had a bad song choice but the girls love himn anyway. And luke surprised me and was better than I've ever seen him and hes cute.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do people think it's a sing off ?

The 'judges' are told who to get rid of.