Options

Jan the Victim

123457»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Jan is a nightmare. Everyone else in the camp has to tiptoe around her constantly, for fear of upsetting her precious little feelings..................again.

Hope she's the first woman to go.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to say that ive read on the internet that her 4th ish husband left her for a friends of theirs, surely that would make any woman feel inferior. Which usually result in a superiority complex, they over compensate. I also read that it shattered her.

I
    That was a case of What goes around comes around she'd already done it to someone else
  • Options
    SWW (SWW)SWW (SWW) Posts: 23,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with every inane statement I've quoted.

Has J.L. ever done anything to you to make you write such juvenile insults about her?

Is there a point or is it just random nastiness? :confused:

Look on the bright side... at least it's more or less confined to this thread.

I think too many of the public are obssessed with picking people's lives apart and looking at other people's lives totally from the negative.

Maybe if there was a bit more empathy and attempt at understanding in the world, the world woudl be a better place?

As to there being a point, to what to some may seem excessively puerile and or vitriolic verbal nastiness... maybe it's cathartic?

regards :)
  • Options
    One and OnlyOne and Only Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SWW (SWW) wrote:
    Look on the bright side... at least it's more or less confined to this thread.

I think too many of the public are obssessed with picking people's lives apart and looking at other people's lives totally from the negative.

Maybe if there was a bit more empathy and attempt at understanding in the world, the world woudl be a better place?

As to there being a point, to what to some may seem excessively puerile and or vitriolic verbal nastiness... maybe it's cathartic?

regards :)

Great post.Thanks SWW (SWW). :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    That was a case of What goes around comes around she'd already done it to someone else

Yea, but to have it done to yourself is different. It may have made her realise, what she must have made the other woman feel like when she did it.

I cant understand why people think she's evil. Things likethis happen all the time, who are we to judge about peoples mistakes.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Nobody thinks she is evil. Pathetic, needy, attention-seeking, deluded, annoying, unlikable - yes. Evil - no.
  • Options
    SuperwombleSuperwomble Posts: 4,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote:
    Nobody thinks she is evil. Pathetic, needy, attention-seeking, deluded, annoying, unlikable - yes. Evil - no.

Pathetic - maybe, but in jungle terms not as pathetic as Scott - yet he does not come in for half the amount of stick

Needy - are any of us not? We all need some things.

Attention Seeking - comes with being a Celeb. Not one of them would be there if they werent trying to attract attention to themselves.

Deluded - again maybe, but it's easy to jump to incorrect conclusions when you have no contact with the outside world, especially if you are a little insecure. Insecurity itself is not a terrible thing - its part of how we all are. Not one of us has not felt this at some time or other.

Annoying - I agree. But does this warrant being called passive aggressive? Over the top IMO.

Unlikeable - that is a matter of opinion, and depends if you are the kind of person that thinks words are louder than deeds. I think what you do speaks more highly than what you say, even if you are a grumpy old woman. Jan may be unlikeable, but the respect she has earned by performing well is a pretty fair counterbalance to that, in my opinion.
    I still dont think her treatment by people is fair.
    The way she has been victimised into constantly doing trial after trial has spoilt the programme as well. It has meant some of the others have not been tested at all; Toby Anstiss was voted off last night because of this, in my opinion. Had the public had a chance to see him do a trial as the had with Dean, he may well have polled more votes.
  • Options
    Almira GAlmira G Posts: 18,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please don't be unkind to Jan - she has been having a bad hair day for almost 65 years now.
  • Options
    Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    Please don't be unkind to Jan - she has been having a bad hair day for almost 65 years now.

she had her last good hair day in 1980 ;)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/PusscGalore/JanLeeming1980.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must say I'm not a fan of the St Trinians plaits & bunches on an older woman.
    I think it kind of fits in with what Jan is trying to project.
  • Options
    Almira GAlmira G Posts: 18,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this was taken when she was appearing in the original series of Star Trek.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pathetic - maybe, but in jungle terms not as pathetic as Scott - yet he does not come in for half the amount of stick

Needy - are any of us not? We all need some things.

Attention Seeking - comes with being a Celeb. Not one of them would be there if they werent trying to attract attention to themselves.

Deluded - again maybe, but it's easy to jump to incorrect conclusions when you have no contact with the outside world, especially if you are a little insecure. Insecurity itself is not a terrible thing - its part of how we all are. Not one of us has not felt this at some time or other.

Annoying - I agree. But does this warrant being called passive aggressive? Over the top IMO.

Unlikeable - that is a matter of opinion, and depends if you are the kind of person that thinks words are louder than deeds. I think what you do speaks more highly than what you say, even if you are a grumpy old woman. Jan may be unlikeable, but the respect she has earned by performing well is a pretty fair counterbalance to that, in my opinion.
    I still dont think her treatment by people is fair.
    The way she has been victimised into constantly doing trial after trial has spoilt the programme as well. It has meant some of the others have not been tested at all; Toby Anstiss was voted off last night because of this, in my opinion. Had the public had a chance to see him do a trial as the had with Dean, he may well have polled more votes.

I agree with your last paragraph. Jan deserves acknowledgement for how strong she has been through all the trials, and it has been unfair that the public target her every week.

Pathetic - she's not pathetic because she has proved she has strength and courage.

Needy - Jan is only needy when it comes to deflecting conflict or winning an argument. Jan has proved she can cope on her own, but uses the passive persona to get her way (passive aggressive and very good at it)

Attention seeking - part of being a celeb, but there are ways of getting attention. I find moaning and victim syndrome some of the worst traits fro attention seeking (prefer show offs)

Deluded - She has perfected the victim personality...is that deluded or habitual?

Annoying - oh definitely. Jan is a master of passive aggressive behaviour. Only Phina dares to stand up to Jan and she gets seen as aggressive for doing this. The only way to beat a passive / aggressive unscathed is to stay out of their way. Impossible in the jungle.