Nadine Coyle in Trouble Over Tweet?

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Molly14 wrote: »
    No I meant the story about them being annoyed with her, the press are always trying to cause problems with them.

I agree, she's just protecting herself from the inevitable blame, I hope she can come back and release some good music, she deserves a break!

Oooh .. Sorry crossed wires ;) we both think the same then
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always felt sorry for Nadine. Anyone who watched Popstars The Rivals will know that Nadine is the only one can sing, the rest of them were crap especially Cheryl and Kimberley so its quite laughable how the media fawn over those two rather than the others. Nadine is the scapegoat, the assumption has always been that because she lives in the US she had issues with the other girls but didnt she follow a boyfriend out there and then her parents followed her?

Completely OT but Cheryl Cole has alway struck me as someone who's quite unpleasant and bitchy and I remember her making snide remarks about Sarah to the press not long after the band got together. It's almost like she, Nicola and Kimberley have their little clique and the other two aren't welcome.

During their documentary Nadine kept trying to chat and have a laugh with the others but they weren't having any of it. Was quite uncomfortable actually.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    I remember I read in papers last Friday, that Cheryl DID tweet that they were split up, and they wasnt happy that Nadine tweet first after split that she don't want them to split up... you can see why. Wish Nadine the best too as she is only one got talent!

Oh she did, I wonder if her PR scrubbed the tweet and Nadine has took lets say "the bait" for it and yet this is why the blame lays with Nadine yet again. I do feel sorry for Nadine but know what if she has to back stateside all the best at least she can lay low whereas here in UK all we get is Cheryl and couple of them will never be out of press/media and again personally I couldn't give less than a toss about the mimer (worst offender of all) but on the other side of this whole argument they are GROWN ADULTS act LIKE one than be "divas" about it, yet Cheryl is supposedly the more "successful" one yet throws a tantrum on a tweet, wasn't she the one that was not really wanting to do this "10" year reunion or whatever its called and if by chance "split" is now announced so she can get her songs out now, wouldnt surprise me if she does get back on X Factor UK/US as thats where she seems to get sales and other times they basically flop (or nearly do). Cheryl in my opinion is one overrated person but I don't think she can sing or dance, no wonder music nowadays is so generic!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always felt sorry for Nadine. Anyone who watched Popstars The Rivals will know that Nadine is the only one can sing, the rest of them were crap especially Cheryl and Kimberley so its quite laughable how the media fawn over those two rather than the others. Nadine is the scapegoat, the assumption has always been that because she lives in the US she had issues with the other girls but didnt she follow a boyfriend out there and then her parents followed her?

Completely OT but Cheryl Cole has alway struck me as someone who's quite unpleasant and bitchy and I remember her making snide remarks about Sarah to the press not long after the band got together. It's almost like she, Nicola and Kimberley have their little clique and the other two aren't welcome.

During their documentary Nadine kept trying to chat and have a laugh with the others but they weren't having any of it. Was quite uncomfortable actually.

I noticed this too. Cheryl didn't come off very well in that show at all. Nadine and Sarah looked very much like outsiders in the band, I think some of the other girls had a bit of resentment because they wanted Javine in the band instead.

It's sad because Nadine is the most talented, but I think the fact that she went off to the US and distanced herself during their hiatus worked against her. The girls are great together on stage, but they wouldn't work as well without Nadine, so it's sad that she gets so much stick.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    The girls are great together on stage, but they wouldn't work as well without Nadine, so it's sad that she gets so much stick.

Yeah they are so much better together than on their own, I know Cheryl's done well in her solo career but I can't see that lasting for too much longer. I was watching some of the popstars the rivals videos last night and after the band had been announced they each did one last individual performance and bar Nadine, they were awful!

I think they'll be back, by announcing a split rather than another 'break' they will be worth more money if/when they do decide to get back together. I don't know if this sounds cynical but they prob will need the money in 2/3 years time. Maybe even for a 15 tour ;)
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Molly14 wrote: »
    Yeah they are so much better together than on their own, I know Cheryl's done well in her solo career but I can't see that lasting for too much longer. I was watching some of the popstars the rivals videos last night and after the band had been announced they each did one last individual performance and bar Nadine, they were awful!

I think they'll be back, by announcing a split rather than another 'break' they will be worth more money if/when they do decide to get back together. I don't know if this sounds cynical but they prob will need the money in 2/3 years time. Maybe even for a 15 tour ;)

Cheryl and Sarah really were woeful on PSTR. Nadine and Nicola were the two best singers, I thought.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Cheryl and Sarah really were woeful on PSTR. Nadine and Nicola were the two best singers, I thought.

Have to agree with you... I believe they where going to build the group round Nadine in the beginning ..maybe that's what the issue is ... Think it was Louis Walsh who said that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »

Oh yeah, Nicola was good too. Kimberley was just a bit boring, not necessarily terrible just really boring. However, when they all come together they sound good and have good chemistry-no pun intended ;)
  • sward669sward669 Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listen to any ga song and all you hear is nadine carrying the tune! Annoying that the press still slate her, the other 4 would not have had the vocals to last 10 years.. the one song that didnt make the top 20 and thier lowest chart 'beauitful cause you love me' has no nadine vocals, thats saying something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    PEOPLE THIS IS BASED ON TABLOID NONSENSE BASED ON NOTHING.

Nadine simply made a tweet saying it was not her decision to split and she wanted to carry on and the other girls well some of them wanted to split which is why they did. Thats fine as its probably the truth and she is notifying people as she knows media and public will start pointing the finger at her for making them split like 2009, which by comparison was a time she did want a break from the band but so did Cheryl.

They looked perfectly happy at the GA afterparty in each others company. There was a divide in the group in 2010 with Nadine, they just didn't speak for a while and it became a cat and mouse game about who would call each other first. But there was no argument just some unanswered texts etc which is nothing compared to some pop groups!! Watch I'll Stand By You on the last night on Youtube, that people is a band said that they are no longer going to be singing together - their bond is completely real for all to see. Clearly Nadine's not going to be one of those people who ring each other every day or week, but whenever they do see her i'm sure it's fine, they have different types of relationships with each other.

Of course i'm speculating, but alot of what i am saying is based on interviews etc that i've read. This is utter nonsense. Do not believe it. It's just the papers making up things.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

she did distance herself from the rest of the girls and she saw no benefit in programmes like the one mentioned in that article you posted. ironically, that show introduced the girls to other avenues and the other girls all individually benefited by their experiences on that show. people complain that nadine didn't get the good media or respect she deserved, but it was her decision to live abroad and the press don't tend to follow celebrities that prefer to operate under the radar. she undoubtedly had the best voice in the band, but the others worked harder to keep the brand alive in her absence.

i wasn't surprised by nadine`s tweet. she`s never tried to hide the fact that the other girls are merely work colleagues to her and now the tour is over, her work is done. she has nothing to lose by suggesting the split wasn't her decision, but most people saw it coming and i would imagine she did too deep down.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    she did distance herself from the rest of the girls and she saw no benefit in programmes like the one mentioned in that article you posted. ironically, that show introduced the girls to other avenues and the other girls all individually benefited by their experiences on that show. people complain that nadine didn't get the good media or respect she deserved, but it was her decision to live abroad and the press don't tend to follow celebrities that prefer to operate under the radar. she undoubtedly had the best voice in the band, but the others worked harder to keep the brand alive in her absence.

i wasn't surprised by nadine`s tweet. she`s never tried to hide the fact that the other girls are merely work colleagues to her and now the tour is over, her work is done. she has nothing to lose by suggesting the split wasn't her decision, but most people saw it coming and i would imagine she did too deep down.

Agree ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Sajjad_Ali wrote: »
    There was a divide in the group in 2010 with Nadine, they just didn't speak for a while and it became a cat and mouse game about who would call each other first. . Clearly Nadine's not going to be one of those people who ring each other every day or week, they have different types of relationships with each other.

There's always been a divide. If you look at how the girls celebrate each other success, and then how they celeb Nadine's other career choices....oh wait....they don't. I think the girls do use the press to show Nadine how close they are. It's probably going to get worse now.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it pretty clear that they would split after this tour when the reunion was just beginning? Didn't Cheryl pretty much say this herself? I highly doubt there is any drama over one tweet, mostly the tabloids want there to be, when there actually is not.
    Forum Member
    Maybe everyone knew but didn't want Nadine to Tweet about it.
    Forum Member
    But it's not a blog about Nadine, or how she great she is...................
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    How did Nadine not know they were splitting after the tour? I knew!

They had agreed to see how the tour went first before deciding, it's obvious 3 of the 5 had already made the decision...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to know what happened between Kim and Nadine, they were the closest at first. I wonder if they just drifted or whether something happened and it kicked off between them
    Forum Member
    As one of them became more famous, the girls might have followed the media and treated her like a princess, all of them apart from Nadine.
  • sanfran1sanfran1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member

I read the article you linked and quote as follows:

Coyle was planning to become a classical conductor for the programme. However, she claims that she is not keen on projects that do not promote her band and says that the show's producers were too restrictive on what challenge she took on.

The popstar told The Observer: "I'm not really into reality things or things that aren't to promote Girls Aloud.

"I wanted to do something with a charity in Bolivia that got kids off the street, but it didn't sit with the programme."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a79727/nadine-pulls-out-of-girls-aloud-tv-show.html#ixzz2OkSMGDCX
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

This makes me like Nadine even more.
    Why should she have to agree to participate in every reality show they were offered?
    She distanced herself from that show, quite rightly IMO, and that was her choice to make.

Sorry but that reason is no excuse for the constant bad press she has had to endure and the total lack of any support whatsoever from her bandmates.

I saw a clip of the band singing I'll Stand By You close to the end of their last tour and Nicola made a point of leaving Nadine's side to go and get in to a group hug with just Cheryl and Kimberley. Completely unprofessional, unnecessary and downright nasty IMO.

I agree with others who say Nadine is better off away from them.
    Forum Member
    Nadine has said in the past that she sees the girls as colleagues more than friends, so she's not going to bend over backwards to spend time with them. They've all kind of made it obvious that they're not going to support her solo projects.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sanfran1 wrote: »
    This makes me like Nadine even more.
    Why should she have to agree to participate in every reality show they were offered?
    She distanced herself from that show, quite rightly IMO, and that was her choice to make.

she said that she wasn't into things that aren't to promote girls aloud, but the show was called `the passions of girls aloud`, so she was conspicuous in her absence. i am sure she felt really strongly about the issues in bosnia, but possibly not strongly enough to go there without a camera team in tow.

she did keep to most of girls aloud`s musical commitments, expect for the time she lost her passport. however, unfortunately for nadine, you cant have your cake and eat it with the press. she was quick to point out that she used to do most of the work in the group vocally when she was launching her solo career, but she saw no value in these other projects which the other girls often did to strengthen the brand.

like i said earlier, that show also strengthened the girls position in their solo endeavours, so she was foolish to turn down that exposure in my opinion. especially, considering she announced plans to go solo a year later.
  • sanfran1sanfran1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    she said that she wasn't into things that aren't to promote girls aloud, but the show was called `the passions of girls aloud`, so she was conspicuous in her absence. i am sure she felt really strongly about the issues in bosnia, but possibly not strongly enough to go there without a camera team in tow.

she did keep to most of girls aloud`s musical commitments, expect for the time she lost her passport. however, unfortunately for nadine, you cant have your cake and eat it with the press. she was quick to point out that she used to do most of the work in the group vocally when she was launching her solo career, but she saw no value in these other projects which the other girls often did to strengthen the brand.

like i said earlier, that show also strengthened the girls position in their solo endeavours, so she was foolish to turn down that exposure in my opinion. especially, considering she announced plans to go solo a year later.

BIB 1
    It was Bolivia she talked about visiting and we don't know that she didn't go there on her own without a camera crew, do you?

BIB 2
    From what I have read, she was usually asked about how much input she put in to the recordings. She just answered honestly each time. It was a well known fact anyway.

BIB 3
    I get the feeling Nadine was into her music and being an artist, not focussing on a 'brand' - her prerogative I suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sanfran1 wrote: »
    BIB 1
    It was Bolivia she talked about visiting and we don't know that she didn't go there on her own without a camera crew, do you?

BIB 2
    From what I have read, she was usually asked about how much input she put in to the recordings. She just answered honestly each time. It was a well known fact anyway.

BIB 3
    I get the feeling Nadine was into her music and being an artist, not focussing on a 'brand' - her prerogative I suppose.

my mistake and no, `we` don't know that for sure, hence me using the word `possibly`.

it did seem a conceited thing to say nonetheless. can you imagine the uproar if the other girls overplayed their input with them having bigger media profiles?:eek: the record producers never confirmed her claims and her input musically became less after she moved abroad.

she was in a manufactured girl group and it was her second attempt at that genre. if she was really all about being an artist, surely she would have found a more credible way of making it in that industry.:o it is her prerogative though, but she missed out on that exposure and the opportunity to build a profile away from the group. the press did later give her bad press when her solo material sold badly, but most singers get that kind of press then their music under performs.