So if a man pulled a woman's knickers down and slapped her on the ass...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
Forum Member
The man would get kicked out and labelled a pervert / rapist.

But a woman gets a warning. A poxy warning.

And people bang on about equality of the sexes

Comments

• ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, think it is out of order and double standards. Kick her out aswel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Happened on cbb once n she wasn't evicted
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree ...why is hazel being treated different because she is a woman?.her actions degraded him also

I believe he should of gone by the way..no question..he was totally out of order
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kick her out too.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she was nervous of him she wouldn't have done that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Sexism only applies when it's a women who's on the end of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    If she was nervous of him she wouldn't have done that

That happened when it was still playful carry on before Daley grabbed her by te throat, forced her down n said he would nut her
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have evicted her for that alone. They're both morons, Hazel is just a sly one.
  • threadstarterthreadstarter Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hazel did it in fun but Daly was aggressive, very different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    I have to admit I never looked Ito this stuff that people say about game playing etc and thought it was a load of rubbish.

But now I see! Hazel didn't care one eye ota that Daley got evicted and yet she was pretending to be his best friend!

But on the sexism side that does piss me off. If you want equal rights then you have to take the rough with the smooth ie hazel getting kicked out for exposing Daley
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible double standards - either they both stayed or they both went.
  • peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    That happened when it was still playful carry on before Daley grabbed her by te throat, forced her down n said he would nut her
    Why did she not leave the safe house and go to the main bedroom while Daley was in the diary room if she was so threatened by him
    Waiting for him to come back, going to the diary room herself then coming back to cuddle him all might just seems strange to me.

I do think it was rough foreplay and if he hadnt said the words nut you theyd have probably finally ended up having sex last night
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have evicted her for that alone. They're both morons, Hazel is just a sly one.

Agreed.
  • P BarnardP Barnard Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed the bit where Hazel had her hands around Daley's throat pinned him down and threatened to punch his lights out!
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

QFT

It needs quoting again too, because people are presuming that if Daley had pulled down Hazel's pants, he would also have been booted out. Not true!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Why didn't BB call Hazel to the diary room when she pulled Daley's pants down. If they had acted then none of this would have happened. She should have been given her warning at that point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Menk wrote: »
    QFT

It needs quoting again too, because people are presuming that if Daley had pulled down Hazel's pants, he would also have been booted out. Not true!

Why do you say it's not true, we don't have an example of another man doing it do we? I take it the cbb moment is when Denise did it to another woman.
  • mumof4mumof4 Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hazel did it in fun but Daly was aggressive, very different.

if daley had pulled her knickers down he would of been called in straight away its double standards.
  • momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the first time Daley has shown us his short temper so it's no surprise but last night was completely out of order.
    Hazel has to take responsibility for getting involved with a man like that, she should have known from the off that someone who would humiliate their girlfriend on TV isn't all that. She played with fire and she got burnt.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So it's playful when she hits him, kicks him, pulls his clothes down but serious when he responds?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    P Barnard wrote: »
    I must have missed the bit where Hazel had her hands around Daley's throat pinned him down and threatened to punch his lights out!

Ok so if I pulled your wifes knickers down exposing her vagina and then slapped her on the ass that would be ok?

And if you're a woman how about I did it to you
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a difference. I'm sorry, but there's a difference.

There was a difference in intention.

There was a difference in degree.

And there is a difference between men and women. Equality isn't about ignoring the differences between men and women and there are differences.

If you really think that Hazel behaved in the same way as Daley during that incident you are either naive are deliberately being a wind-up merchant.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimbo99 wrote: »
    Why do you say it's not true, we don't have an example of another man doing it do we? I take it the cbb moment is when Denise did it to another woman.

Woman does it to woman - receives warning.

Woman does it to man - receives warning.

Why is the assumption that if a man does it to a woman he will definitely be booted out? History dictates that he would get a warning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    QFT

Woman does it to woman - receives warning.

Woman does it to man - receives warning.

Why is the assumption that if a man does it to a woman he will definitely be booted out? History dictates that he would get a warning.

I think the assumption is that the 2 cases would not be treated equally and history doesn't have any examples to compare.
  • jennytablinajennytablina Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Hazel got a warning, she'll still have to be careful of doing something like that again while in the house.

Watch the footage again, and you'll see that Hazel is being mostly playful, maybe even a touch seductive. She's not intending any aggression in the way she acts. Daley then starts getting aggressive and talking the big talk. Up till Daley starts to get REALLY aggressive, Hazel is trying to lighten the situation or playing about in the hopes that he'll cool down.

The slap, and egging on were terrible moves on Hazel's part. The pants pulling was outright wrong, that was a line that she should not of crossed and a warning was warranted on that account. Otherwise she was getting herself in over her head in that situation. She immediately moved to the chair soon as she possibly could. Clearly pretty shocked at what had happened, I'm sure she was thanking her lucky stars that someone had made the decision to call Daley then and there.

If the worst Daley had done was the slap and some of his lighter tough-talk. Then yes, he would of gotten a warning just like Hazel did, and told to cool off and mull over what he did. But he verbally threatened her quite a few times in that little discussion and then attempted to physically pin her down. I imagine production staff were already concerned after the make-up talk and other attitudes displayed prior to this too.