Options

EPG Background audio channel switching my HD box to 998 channel

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
Forum Member
Hi guys

Sorry if this has been posted before, I did have a look at the forums but couldn't see any comments on this.

Basically for the past few days my Sky HD box (Amstrad 890) has been on the 998 sky channel when I turn it on. My initial thoughts where that there must have been an update (s) so didn't think any more of it, and as I would normally do, I turned it back to the EPG Background Audio channel that I have set up in the "other channels" page.

(Reason for this is because my Sky box is in a unused bedroom and is primarily used daily with my SlingBox Pro, and the EPG Audio channel is less distracting when using the EPG remotely with the SlingBox. There is no way someone could be turning off the box or access it other than myself)

Then today about 1hour ago, I was using the EPG to delete some viewed recordings via my Slingbox connection, I then disconnected but did not turn off the Sky box. Around 5 mins later, realising I hadn't turned off the sky box, I connected again and it was back to channel 998!

I turned it back to the EPG Audio channel and tested the Slingbox turning off and on the Sky box, Slingbox etc (my thinking being that maybe the Slingbox was turning the channel or resetting the Sky box on its own). But everytime it was still on the EPG audio channel.

It's a puzzle and seems a little far fetched but "could" it be possible the Sky box is being told or on a timer to go to channel 998 if its a HD box on the EPG audio channel frequency?

Anyway, thanks for reading,
Si

Comments

• Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Go into the installers' menu (Services>001>Select) and see what the system uptime says.
    If it's a short time ago, your box has been rebooting.
    Why it would be I don't know!
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Go into the installers' menu (Services>001>Select) and see what the system uptime says.
    If it's a short time ago, your box has been rebooting.
    Why it would be I don't know!
    :)

Thanks Dave I hadn't actually thought of checking there. I just checked now and it says 1 Day 13 hours uptime, so it must be someing else.

I will keep my eye on it and see if continues.

Thanks for the help :)

P.s. my version number is R007.061.49.00P in case anyone else wants to know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Guys,

Just an update, while viewing the On Demand section of the EPG just a few minutes ago......

I had the EPG Audio Background channel in the mini TV window while I browsed, and all of a suddenly the mini TV switched to channel 998, while showing the visual output for the EPG Audio channel!

Still have no idea whats going on, I can only think its an error or a time out by the software to default to that channel (as I mentioned above).

Next step - I may do a forced software update to refresh the box, when its not busy recording anything.

Ill keep everyone posted on developments.

Regards
    Si