whitechapel, coming soon

Comments

• Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kylesmith wrote: »
    Plus what the hell was that random old woman floating up without even her feet moving! .

:confused:

1) She wasn't random - she was the murder victim.

2) She was being lifted off the ground by the murderer.

Did you actually watch it?

Anyway, if you don't like it, you won't be watching again, will you? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    I might be wrong (will have to have a 2nd viewing), but the old woman who was at the book signing and kept telling them all horrible home truths is the cleaner!!!

A couple of scenes later, they walk in to their office and walk passed a cleaner who is washing the floor, they take no notice of her and continuing talking. She is in the background so you don't see her face, but you can see she has stopped mopping the floor and is looking at them. she is also about the same build as the "book signing" woman.

I am probably seeing things that are not there, but I did noticed it.

Also is Kent going "evil"!!

I wish I was that observant! I always miss things like that.

I hope Kent's not turning evil - I quite like the character, and I'd be sorry if he's written out. Is Joe being really "off" with him because he seemed to be a bit too infatuated with his boss at the end of the last series?
    Actually, I think the whole team are a good fit, even though it's only Joe and Myles who are heavily featured.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it, the wife had to watch from behind a cushion.
  • kylesmithkylesmith Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    :confused:

2) She was being lifted off the ground by the murderer.

Did you actually watch it?

Anyway, if you don't like it, you won't be watching again, will you? :)

When I say random, it was random at the time. How was she even being lifted from the ground? Is there some stairs or something. Like I said she wasn't even moving her feet when being picked up as if she was levitating.

I will be watching it again to laugh at such a poor series on something that was extremely good before.
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    I wish I was that observant! I always miss things like that.

I hope Kent's not turning evil - I quite like the character, and I'd be sorry if he's written out. Is Joe being really "off" with him because he seemed to be a bit too infatuated with his boss at the end of the last series?
    Actually, I think the whole team are a good fit, even though it's only Joe and Myles who are heavily featured.

Not sure if I am observant or just seeing things that aren't really there!!!

Though I did notice something else also at the Book signing, when Joe arrived and was talking to Miles, Miles pointed to Kent and his sister and said something (can't remember what he said), then Joe looked at Kent, looked worried and said "What have you heard"!!

Probably wishful thinking of my part that they would even consider Joe and Kent together!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I say random, it was random at the time. How was she even being lifted from the ground? Is there some stairs or something. Like I said she wasn't even moving her feet when being picked up as if she was levitating.

I will be watching it again to laugh at such a poor series on something that was extremely good before.

Yes, I was afraid you might. Again, as so many times before, I'm puzzled as to why people would waste their own time doing something they don't like, then posting about how awful it was!

Re the bit you had problems understanding - I had no difficulty knowing what was happening. I don't know whether anyone else did.

It's deliberately filmed, you know, in a way to suggest something supernatural is going on, even though it isn't actually supernatural at all. It's supposed to ramp up the scariness factor, though it is done tongue in cheek. Personally I like that. If I didn't. I'd give it a miss and watch something I did like. But that's just me.
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have watched all the previous series and really enjoyed them, but the latest two parter seemed more gruesome than before, and reminded me of the film Saw (which I just found too extreme to watch to the end)
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought (could be wrong) that she was being hoisted up with some sort of pully system using rope. But she was also then chained to whatever she was chained to.

God, im hopeless at explaining stuff.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a bit too dark and gruesome, to be honest. Nice to see Dylan from Casualty again, though. He may turn out to be the killer I think.

That police station has to be the worst lit one ever! Ffs, they can afford a few lightbulbs. Yes, I know it's for "effect" but realism has definitely gone out the window.

And the old George Smiley type spy was entertaining. Who is the spy in the camp??? Is Kent too obvious?

And the very pregnant pathologist looks ready to pop at any second. She was very funny crying over the dead rat!
  • kylesmithkylesmith Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    How can the office be raided? Seriously..

It's a bloody police station!
  • InNoctemInNoctem Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I'm not always a fan of Rupert Penry Jones. But here he plays Chandler very different from Adam Carter (something I didn't think he could do since he plays 'heros' all the time).
    But the trio are excellent and is the backbone of the show.

Last night was silly. But good silly, the kind that excites the existing fans. But I think this suffered from the timeslot and weather.

Should ITV recommission it, they should be reminded to put Whitechapel during snow season.
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Loved it, the wife had to watch from behind a cushion.

Me too...actually half the time my specs were off...don't do gory bits at all and I probably would not have got a bit hooked on to the series if it had not been for RPJ....:It's his acting ability that is so good...not the fact that he is extremely good looking!! )::):):)
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    How can the office be raided? Seriously..

It's a bloody police station!
    Inside job?
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    Seriously? Did you watch Luther?

Nope. That's another show I need to watch.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    Me too...actually half the time my specs were off...don't do gory bits at all and I probably would not have got a bit hooked on to the series if it had not been for RPJ....:It's his acting ability that is so good...not the fact that he is extremely good looking!! )::):):)

Yeah, the wife thinks he's the best eye candy on TV. :mad::D
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people really need relax on this, it is not meant to a serious police drama, it is supposed to be slightly OTT and tongue in cheek. I enjoyed it but then I do like horror films. Also was that Arnold Circus in East London one scene? Remember the BBC2 prob about it.
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The names mentioned by the MI6 agent as he was released, were they the names of the killers from the previous series?

If so was he talking as though there is a "big bad" behind all of the killings our team have so far investigated, or at least some one manipulating the evil?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    The names mentioned by the MI6 agent as he was released, were they the names of the killers from the previous series?

If so was he talking as though there is a "big bad" behind all of the killings our team have so far investigated, or at least some one manipulating the evil?

That's how I took it. Of course, he could be a nutter himself. :D
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    Also is Kent going "evil"!!
    The wife and I had him pegged as a wrong 'un in a previous series, even suspecting he was the murderer for at least one of them.

So if he does go bad it was brilliant writing and acting to sow the seed so far in advance. :p

Even if they didn't know they were. :D
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I understood correctly the first man was tortured till he gave up a name. The name he gave up was that of (or led to) the old woman. Before she was set alight she gave up a name too.

Someone is working their way up a chain of command, or via cells of a network, to find the person at the top/centre/what done it (whatever it may have been).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    If I understood correctly the first man was tortured till he gave up a name. The name he gave up was that of (or led to) the old woman. Before she was set alight she gave up a name too.

Someone is working their way up a chain of command, or via cells of a network, to find the person at the top/centre/what done it (whatever it may have been).

I know. But I don't think the person I was replying to did. :D
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utter drivel. About as "dark" as a summer evening.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Utter drivel. About as "dark" as a summer evening.........

Then we won't see you here again...
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Then we won't see you here again...
    You certainly won't I can assure you........
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recorded this and it cut out a few mins from the end. Raging. Can anyone please tell how the episode ended after Dorothy got burnt alive. Thanks