Options

Strange how many forum members have a birthday today

Default_UserDefault_User Posts: 4,922
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Look at the box at the bottom of the main page and it seems that either there is an annual baby boom on this day of the year, or lots of folk just can't be bothered to lie properly on their registration :kitty:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I haven't looked myself, but the default option in the forum software will be 01/01/70, so I bet a lot of those people will be 44 today.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at the box at the bottom of the main page and it seems that either there is an annual baby boom on this day of the year, or lots of folk just can't be bothered to lie properly on their registration :kitty:

What you mean you don't believe them :o
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    Since companies like microsoft and Skype started spamming my friends and colleagues with my birthday reminders I changed it to be Jan 1st. I don't necessarily want all and sundry to know when my birthday is thank you very much.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not strange at all, clearly many people don't feel they want to give their actual birthdate to rest of the world and so put 1st Jan and their year of birth.

Seems pretty clear to me :D
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wondering how many centenarians are active on DS. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Gerry1 and esperanto are child prodigies, already members of DS at just 2 years old! :D
  • Options
    varialectiovarialectio Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't think that someone with the OP's username would find it strange at all! :D
  • Options
    Default_UserDefault_User Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Touche :p
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that many of them are racehorses.
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Considering there are over half a million members, that could be an accurate percentage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I never gave my real DOB either for a reason
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As it's a well known Capricorn trait to take life too seriously and be a bit miserable, it doesn't surprise me at all to find a lot of them on DS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I got a quite a few e-mails from various forums today wishing me happy birthday. I don't tend to use my real date of birth.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this on Facebook too. 34 of my 'friends' have birthdays today.
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think chattamanuk and MartinPickering are getting younger - I'm sure I can remember them being about 107 a year or two ago.