Options

Foreign tounges

What are favorite foreign accent you have come across on your proverbial travels? I have to say that Polish is the most pleasant to my ear. As well as Russian. Which accent makes you go slightly weak at the knees?

Comments

• Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually like the LA accent, I know that may be a slightly controversial choice. Quite a few American accents are nice, Canadian I like, Irish accents are nice as well as are Welsh. They are the ones that stand out first and foremost.

There are quite a few accents that I think sound nice.
  • Options
    highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Australian and Welsh
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a soft spot for a Belfast accent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I love a Boston drawl
  • Options
    The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    French and Irish.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Berlin accent... Makes me weak at the knees when the right person is speaking it! :D
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the many beautiful tounges you hear in the far off kingdom of Dyslexia.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Italian and French.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Southern US accent :) Texas, Georgia, Alabama...
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love a nice Italian..
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Andie McDowell's accent in sex, lies and videotape. I'm not sure which state it's meant to be, but southern USA is all I know.
  • Options
    HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,290
    Forum Member
    What, exactly, is a foreign tounge?
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ it's something off the top of frog's heads that the French eat, in aspic. They'll eat anything if it's not nailed down.
  • Options
    HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,290
    Forum Member
    ^ it's something off the top of frog's heads that the French eat, in aspic. They'll eat anything if it's not nailed down.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Ted_LeeTed_Lee Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    French accent on a woman is beyond sexy, beautiful and attractive
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venezuelan. The women there knock socks off women here. The beauty is like.sommat else.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hard to say because it often depends on other factors. For example, Keith Lemon speaks with a Yorkshire accent and I don't find it very alluring, but gimme a bit of Sean Bean any day. :D
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hard to say because it often depends on other factors. For example, Keith Lemon speaks with a Yorkshire accent and I don't find it very alluring, but gimme a bit of Sean Bean any day. :D

I am with you on that. The fact Keith Lemon is so creepy doesnt help. However, Sean Bean in Sharp was to die for.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I am with you on that. The fact Keith Lemon is so creepy doesnt help. However, Sean Bean in Sharp was to die for.

Oh yes, he was indeed. :) I have the series on dvd and I've only watched it once but I know I'll revisit it a few times in the near future.

*heart flutter*:

http://www.southessex.co.uk/bios/images/seanbean.jpg

Certain Scottish accents are nice too, my husband can do an excellent Sean Connery as Bond. :cool:
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dublin - or failing that, Faroes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I love the many beautiful tounges you hear in the far off kingdom of Dyslexia.

Why do this?
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect the OP meant to type "tongues". The question in my mind is: why not use a spell checker, which would highlight typos before you make them public?
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a sucker for an Irish accent.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are favorite foreign accent you have come across on your proverbial travels? I have to say that Polish is the most pleasant to my ear. As well as Russian. Which accent makes you go slightly weak at the knees?

If you mean 'proverbial travels' such as walking into town from home, then Russian, Polish, Urdu, Ukranian and the odd Australian and American one in Sainsburys! :cool:
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Southern Irish for me. Italian as well.