Options

Simon Cowell fires James Arthur after shocking new scandal.

Comments

• Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona's doing fairly well still - having recently been awarded the greatest number of top 10 singles by any female British artist.

Matt's doing quite well releasing indie pop material - which is what he wanted to do in the first place. I think for the purposes of being with an indie label, he's doing fairly well for himself (he was never going to be a chart topper with them tbh).

As Patti said Joe has released his fifth album too. Alex is set to conquer America. James is uber talented. No questions asked about LM tbh - they're doing very well.

The winners have been doing fairly well for themselves tbh.

Leona actually has the most top 5's of any British female, not top 10's, so its even better. :p
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona's doing fairly well still - having recently been awarded the greatest number of top 10 singles by any female British artist.

Matt's doing quite well releasing indie pop material - which is what he wanted to do in the first place. I think for the purposes of being with an indie label, he's doing fairly well for himself (he was never going to be a chart topper with them tbh).

As Patti said Joe has released his fifth album too. Alex is set to conquer America. James is uber talented. No questions asked about LM tbh - they're doing very well.

Or:)

Leona is reduced to Christmas fodder. Joe will do owt to keep it going, "this week i'm an opera singer, look here i am doing Nessum Dorma". Matt is as far away from what i'd term Indie pop as it's possible to get. And somehow i doubt Burkemania is about to sweep the US

but it's all about perception so don't let me ruin things with my negativity;-)
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z7h6L4vBCU At roughly 30:45, Ed Sheeran talks about how one should be nice on their way up, mentioning Gazza and Olly. I suddenly remembered JA. lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know for sure if James has been dropped? Maybe we're popping open the champagne a bit early.
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Do we know for sure if James has been dropped? Maybe we're popping open the champagne a bit early.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/26919083

"However his management have told Newsbeat "no comment".

A spokesperson for his label Syco declined to comment as well."

James hasn't been told - but a "no comment" rather than a denial from his management team doesn't sound good. It would be easy enough for them to say it isn't true.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/26919083

"However his management have told Newsbeat "no comment".

A spokesperson for his label Syco declined to comment as well."

James hasn't been told - but a "no comment" rather than a denial from his management team doesn't sound good. It would be easy enough for them to say it isn't true.

Lol!! :D:D
    marianner wrote: »

If Simon wanted to get rid of him he would have done it earlier. He didn't think twice about dumping Matt Cardle. Shows he thinks highly of James.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »

If Simon wanted to get rid of him he would have done it earlier. He didn't think twice about dumping Matt Cardle. Shows he thinks highly of James.

At least someone thinks highly of James then.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Actually Simon and Matt made up at the musical launch :)

If you watch the video of Simon saying this you will see that hes very tired of James behavior. They will have a long talk and hopefully someone will take care of his social media and teach him how to behave.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps he will be stored away in the cupboard after all:D:D:D It's a worse fate than being dropped!
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't anyone thinks its funny how everyone but Simon Cowell has denied this so must be some truth
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    and hopefully someone will take care of his social media and teach him how to behave.

No joy so far though.

https://twitter.com/JamesArthur23/status/453528094952157184
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    rattie wrote: »

He's a real role model for a family show. :)
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

Just out of interest, do we know what the original tweet that JA responded to said? Apparently the person deleted after receiving the response.

Not that will matter on here as JA can do no right. :p
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So he's gone from whining about being on the dole and how hard life was and how difficult it was to break out of that to humiliating others for not having as much money as him now he's 'successful'. That seems to sum up his character pretty well.
  • Options
    copterpylonscopterpylons Posts: 195
    Forum Member

When The Sun and the rest of the national press reported that Cardle had been dropped there was no shortage of fans on DS insisting that it wasn't true.

Funny how some of the same forum members have changed their tune about the media now that it's JA in the line of fire. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He wanted Simon to drop him, and got his wish. So there. He has his own plans, unlike previous winners who got dropped. Not bad in my opinion.

You must now be saddened by reports that he hasn't been dropped then. Shame.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    He's lucky to be let go if this is true. He could have been languishing on the back boiler for years as it is there is a chance he may get signed by some indie label which me thinks was his game plan anyway .

It very unlikely he get signed I mean who wants to sign a racist homophobic sexist big headed pig?
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah but you are dressing it up. Surely when given such a platform, you should be able to be one of the big stars in UK music. None of them are really, only Leona has really had a top class career you could say.

So many winners who aren't pulling up trees.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Joe seems to be doing well with his new label and will be releasing his fifth album this year :confused:
    Joe has had 4 albums and none of them have had a no 1? For some one who has had such publicity from X Factor, as a platform, I would expect at least a number 1 album. From any X Factor act who wins.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    I suppose the question that should be asked is was Dan Wootton breaking the story on behalf of Simon so that Simon could frighten James in to conforming, it would explain the no comments from various sources until a few days later.

Anyway Simon thinks that integrity = MONEY.

:o:cry:
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When The Sun and the rest of the national press reported that Cardle had been dropped there was no shortage of fans on DS insisting that it wasn't true.

Funny how some of the same forum members have changed their tune about the media now that it's JA in the line of fire. :D

Yep! Head scratching wondering how come. Lol!!:D
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Good Riddance, I have never liked him ever since he called everyone that goes on Digital Spy as "sad" etc. Worse than Steve Brookstein (at least he had talent).
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    adamski94 wrote: »
    It very unlikely he get signed I mean who wants to sign a racist homophobic sexist big headed pig?

It's very easy to slander someone like this but he hasn't ever made any sexist comments? And how on earth is the guy homophobic? He was best friends with Rylan on the show. If what he says on his rap is seen as racist, you lot should try listening to Eminem and Roxxxan without a profanity filter! Love it how Eminem can get away with it just cause he's famous and cool but James can't...double standards I'd say.
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Good Riddance, I have never liked him ever since he called everyone that goes on Digital Spy as "sad" etc. Worse than Steve Brookstein (at least he had talent).

Considering some of the comments here were making fun of his teeth, saying he looks like a sloth, saying that he sounds like he's going to the toilet when he sings (and it's not just him but calling Hannah a drag queen, branding Tamera a low life chavy thug, making death threats to Cher) - you can't honestly be saying that the comments weren't warranted. Lesson - don't dish out what you can't handle IMO. :)
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Yeah but you are dressing it up. Surely when given such a platform, you should be able to be one of the big stars in UK music. None of them are really, only Leona has really had a top class career you could say.

So many winners who aren't pulling up trees.

It is a big platform but unfortunately shifting records and getting mothers to vote for you on a talent show are two completely different things. They require a good album which can appeal to the record buying demographic BUT also PR. That's where Syco flops. They don't keep up the effort for their artists' second albums. Take a look at Rebecca for instance, not even Leona matched Rebecca's universal positive acclaim for her first album but then look at her second - most didn't even know it existed! Syco couldn't be bothered with her tbh and went onto shift their finite PR resources into other more lucrative projects such as One Direction and James's first album (a quick buck).

It's Syco's fault tbh.